Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-06-2015, 10:28 AM

Default A little help please!?

Stats
6 foot 2
193lbs
13% bodyfat

I started Ud2.0 today and it all went down the pan at the first hurdle!

Took 40mcg of clen, sent me off my rocker resting heart rate was 130 at one time.

I had eat 300 kcals by the time I went the gym, started ok but went downhill fast, I did read up and knew what to expect but..

Basically I couldn't finish the depletion workout, I got through it once just about then managed 2 more exercise before I physically couldn't do anymore, I was blacking out at this point, couldn't see straight, heaving, sweat was dripping off me, can't remember walking to the car, had to sit there for 1/2 an hour with my head on the steering wheel, and eat an emergency banana.

All seems funny now I've calmed down but it was terrible.

I really want to make this work as I know the diet works and have seen results and I've bought the book!

I think I shouldn't have taken the Clen and started this on the same day, having never taken clen before perhaps this was a bad recipe for my body.

Also were my cals too low by the time I went into the gym? (Never done fasted training before) basically I'd eat, 300 cals, of 29g protein, 22g carbs and 11g of fat. Maybe getting one more meal in me would help?

I don't know, I knew it's be rough just looking for some advice, I'm no pussy but felt like one after today.

I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow (god help me) but not going to take any clenbuterol.
Unread 04-06-2015, 11:42 AM

I did a ramp up diet/excercise routine week prior to starting UD2 Week 1.

Ramp Up Diet = Eating at maintenance, while reducing carbs gradually

Ramp Up Excercises = Doing the UD2 Workouts (especially Depletion) to mentally and physically prepare myself ahead of time. It's not as bad since you are not in a fasted state. I got pretty light headed and dizzy even while eating maintenance, however it got me ready for what was to come.

maybe consider this your ramp up up week and get ready to start UD2 next week. The depletion workout should always be extremely challenging, but your body should adapt enough so that you don't actually pass out.

If this does not work, consider increasing your rest time between sets by an extra 5-10 seconds, or reducing your weights down from 60% to 50-55% of your 1RM
Unread 04-06-2015, 01:08 PM

Cheers man, I have already been on a 20% below maintenance diet for the last 12 weeks, (from 18% bodyfat to 13%) so i thought the transition would be not so bad. I wasn't hungry or anything when I got the gym. I could probably deal with the nausea it was the blackout vision feeling thing, the need to collapse in a corner and go to sleep feeling : I'm thinking
I might've gone Hyperglycemic I've had this in the past on rare occasions It didn't feel exactly like that but perhaps the clen effected it. It was the same exhausted feeling though like I couldn't have picked a 20 note off the floor if I seen one haha

I'm going to try again from Wednesday, but have more food in me and a pre workout shake before hand. Would eating a banana before the gym be detrimental at all?

Set my diet up and macros look like this - will stay the same for the 4 days depletion
Protein 189g
Carbohydrates 70g
Fat 48g.

Head is banging of the clenbuterol I took earlier, going to keep that away for the time being.

Is there anything wrong with doing depletion workout on day 1 and day 3 as oppossed to 1 and 2? I don't see why not but thought I'd ask anyway.
Unread 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM

"Hypoglycemic not hyper - 2 totally different things
Unread 04-06-2015, 02:24 PM

The idea is to get the depletion done in the first or first and second day of the week so that you maximize the use of fat for energy throughout the week before your refeed. Doing the second depletion workout on day 3 instead of day two reduces this.

If you are having trouble getting through the depletion workouts consider splitting each day into two workouts - AM and PM work well. So that is 4 total depletion workouts over 2 days, splitting the volume accordingly.

As you said, drop the clen.

I think that as long as you are hitting your macro targets, taking some carbohydrate before the workout shouldn't have an impact, especially if it helps you get through the workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Cheers man, I have already been on a 20% below maintenance diet for the last 12 weeks, (from 18% bodyfat to 13%) so i thought the transition would be not so bad. I wasn't hungry or anything when I got the gym. I could probably deal with the nausea it was the blackout vision feeling thing, the need to collapse in a corner and go to sleep feeling : I'm thinking
I might've gone Hyperglycemic I've had this in the past on rare occasions It didn't feel exactly like that but perhaps the clen effected it. It was the same exhausted feeling though like I couldn't have picked a 20 note off the floor if I seen one haha

I'm going to try again from Wednesday, but have more food in me and a pre workout shake before hand. Would eating a banana before the gym be detrimental at all?

Set my diet up and macros look like this - will stay the same for the 4 days depletion
Protein 189g
Carbohydrates 70g
Fat 48g.

Head is banging of the clenbuterol I took earlier, going to keep that away for the time being.

Is there anything wrong with doing depletion workout on day 1 and day 3 as oppossed to 1 and 2? I don't see why not but thought I'd ask anyway.
Unread 04-07-2015, 06:02 AM

1878 i agree with everything farrenator said. My only concern for you is that 1 banana will likely = 30-40% of your total carb intake for days 1/2. While you may be able to fit it in your macros, you might have satiety issues. If that's not a concern, there should will be no issue.

Personally I get my 50gr Carbs from veggies (25gr), 1/4 cup of oatmeal (12.5gr), milk in protein shake (12.5gr).
Unread 04-07-2015, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the advice fellas.

Determined to make this work. Believe it or not I'm only just started to feel normal of the Clen I took and it's been 30 hours since I took 40mcg (damn that stuff is lethal)
The banana is only small - like 17g of carbs in. Suppose I can try it see how I get on

All starts again tomorrow - Round 2 *ding ding*
Unread 04-08-2015, 01:38 PM

Wow, what a difference!

Completly different experience today, a little nausea, shaking but that was it! Fantastic, it seemed like a walk in the park compared to Mondays issues, it had to be the clenbuterol It must have been akin to my body doing cardio (130 resting heart rate on clen) and the depletion workout on top of it! No wonder I almost died! Jk, but it was bad!

So by the time todays depletion rolled around I was on about 900 kcals and 50ish carbs - Carbs have been capped @ 74 since that is 20% of half my maintenance! I also had a pre workout shake before hand which may have helped.

So yeah I got through it ok, and I'm so glad that I can give this a proper go!
Unread 04-08-2015, 03:14 PM

personally throw the clen out and see the results you get without that stuff. the depletion days are tough so start off with 60% 1RM as lyle writes. don't worry about the weight but just deplete the glycogen stores with day 1 and 2.

this UD2.0 is incredible if done write. im on my 4th week and loving it. ill go to 5 then 2weeks off then start again. lyles suggests 4-6 weeks.
Unread 04-08-2015, 05:57 PM

You may want to try 1/4tsp of Mortons "lite" salt that is a blend of potassium and sodium in your water 3-4x a day. I had the same effects you do when my carbs get into the 30-45g a day range. When we deplete our carbs and increase or even maintain our proper water intake we losing a lot of electrolytes. Thought I would throw that out there.