BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-26-2015, 04:35 AM

Default Doing two things at once

Hi Lyle,

On page 13 of the UD2.0 (the ebook) you mention that endurance training optimises the muscle fibers for better fat use and strength training for better glucose use. And that muscles cant really do both without compromising performance. (I dont know if i am allowed to cite your exact words here).

Although I learned from your Protein Book; strength training promotes protein retention and therefore Lean Body Mass. What I do not seem to grasp is why strength training becomes more important than endurance training if you want to hit single digit body fat levels.

Or is the latter protein retention all there is to it?

I am 31 years old and 171cm tall/short and I have around 12-15% BF at 72-73kg. I gain muscle quite easily and I know myself quite well in that aspect. But fat loss takes more effort. I am by no means a professional athlete nor have aspirations as such. I am just trying to a understanding on how I can efficiently bounce back after muscle loss (which I do know) and fat gain (which I do not know) due whatever circumstances so I could ideally maintain BF levels between 10-13%.
Unread 04-26-2015, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Strength training prevents muscle loss.