BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 05-14-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
alcahuetej, your picture confuses me so much. To me it looks like you'd die if you lost 4% more bodyfat.

I'll chalk it up to just dexa being wrong.
A few items of note...

1) I'm fairly tanned in that photo.

2) There's no back shot or leg shot. My torso was scanned at 12%, arms at ~13-14%, legs ~14%, and my butt was 16%. I have a fat head too at 25% .

So most of what you're seeing is closer to a 12% DEXA scan. This is why for true online estimates you should try to post more than simply abs. I'm also not as lean as you think, I don't have any ab linea showing, my shoulders really aren't striated, I'm holding fat in my lower back you can't see, and some in my lower abs you can see.

3) I believe most people online under estimate how much body fat they truly have. I've seen a few youtube videos of bodybuilders getting scanned the week before a show coming in between 6 - 7%. Think about it, if 3% is essential fat in your brain/spine, if you're really 6%, that leaves 3% distributed among the rest of your ENTIRE body. I'm 163 in that photo, that would leave only 5 pounds of fat throughout my entire body. I assure you I can grab more than that in my rear still, I don't have striated glutes.

4) Regardless, DEXA is more accurate for groups, but not for individuals. I encourage you (if you haven't already) to read the article on weightology.net (I believe it's linked in the articles section on this site) regarding the accuracy of different body fat tests, including DEXA.

5) I've lost ~5 lbs. since that photo, and while my upper body looks similar, my legs have leaned out. I was estimated on here at ~7 - 9% by multiple people, so I was an internet 7 - 9%, and a DEXA 12 - 14%.
Unread 05-14-2015, 07:18 PM

That's crazy.

What would you estimate a dexa scan of bacfa at? http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=27702

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 05-14-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
That's crazy.

What would you estimate a dexa scan of bacfa at? http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=27702
No clue, like I said, DEXA can be inaccurate.

But, if you're asking my estimation of what he truly is? I would say ~8%, and much leaner than I was in that photo.

For comparison I'm 5'9 1/2" and 163 in that photo. He's 5'8 1/2" and 143 lbs. in his photos. I would say I have more mass, but not an appreciable amount more. Certainly not 15 - 20 pounds more.

A TRUE natural bodybuilder (if any actually exist) are/would be very light.
Unread 05-15-2015, 12:54 AM

I've never done DEXA scans unfortunately. At the end of that UD2 run I got striated glutes so I must've been quite low. Hovered there for a day or two and gained some while finding my new maintenance levels. Never go that low unless you're competing or something btw, It's absolutely unsustainable and pointless. No libido, no sleep and so on.

Quote:
So most of what you're seeing is closer to a 12% DEXA scan. This is why for true online estimates you should try to post more than simply abs. I'm also not as lean as you think, I don't have any ab linea showing, my shoulders really aren't striated, I'm holding fat in my lower back you can't see, and some in my lower abs you can see.
That's really odd. I currently weigh 75kg (yeah I've been bulking, went all the way up to 80kg, losing now) and I still have them. I can lose my abs and definition all over but still have shoulder striations. It's the first place the fat comes off. Most people I know seem to share this feature.

My dear diary log, Starting November 2015
UD2 log January-March 2014 ; Random updates
Unread 05-15-2015, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfa View Post
I've never done DEXA scans unfortunately. At the end of that UD2 run I got striated glutes so I must've been quite low. Hovered there for a day or two and gained some while finding my new maintenance levels. Never go that low unless you're competing or something btw, It's absolutely unsustainable and pointless. No libido, no sleep and so on.
I was going to say this yesterday. No one is going to see your striated glutes, and you probably didn't even look like you lifted in regular clothing. I bet even small t-shirts weren't tight on you. The only fat I saw on you MAY have been some in your love handles/lower back, but very little.

So, beyond the point you were at in those photos, well, as you said, there is no point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfa View Post
That's really odd. I currently weigh 75kg (yeah I've been bulking, went all the way up to 80kg, losing now) and I still have them. I can lose my abs and definition all over but still have shoulder striations. It's the first place the fat comes off. Most people I know seem to share this feature.
We all have different body fat patterns, some have even distribution, some have a typical male body fat pattern (legs lean out first, lower abs/back are last...etc.), and some have female body fat patterns (legs lean out last, you get abs first...etc.).

I tend to hold more fat in my legs, I get fairly decent abs early on (you can check my old log to see progress pics). My legs still aren't as lean as yours are in the photos, and I don't have a great V-taper. Neither of these are visible in my "14%" DEXA scan photo.
Unread 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
I was going to say this yesterday. No one is going to see your striated glutes, and you probably didn't even look like you lifted in regular clothing. I bet even small t-shirts weren't tight on you. The only fat I saw on you MAY have been some in your love handles/lower back, but very little.

Actually medium was ok/tight. Currently large is tight. Europe has smaller sizes than US I think?

But yeah I didn't look like I lift in clothes. At least it was summer so I never really had a shirt on. But even so, people kept asking me why I've lost so much weight like there was something wrong with me. And then everyone kept complimenting my looks as I gained weight. It feels so odd when all you can see is that you're losing definition. You just can't see yourself objectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
We all have different body fat patterns, some have even distribution, some have a typical male body fat pattern (legs lean out first, lower abs/back are last...etc.), and some have female body fat patterns (legs lean out last, you get abs first...etc.).

I tend to hold more fat in my legs, I get fairly decent abs early on (you can check my old log to see progress pics). My legs still aren't as lean as yours are in the photos, and I don't have a great V-taper. Neither of these are visible in my "14%" DEXA scan photo.
Yea of course we do. I've just never seen a dude that lean with no shoulder striations. Haven't been looking for them either though . I'm jealous. Nobody cares about my awesome lean legs if I have no abs .

This is really going OT, have you ever noticed your bf distribution changing?. I'm getting some back fat, which I've never had before, even at much higher bf levels. This is good news, it's not all on my lower abs anymore. My face doesn't bloat like it used to either.

My dear diary log, Starting November 2015
UD2 log January-March 2014 ; Random updates
Unread 05-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Administrator

You know, there is an ENTIRE thread for this topic and while I realize taht the OP is a unique and delicate flower that should get to have HIS OWN thread about it...well, no.
Closed Thread