BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-01-2019, 11:19 PM

Default Whatever happened to the mind and muscle forums?

Hey guys

I used to follow Lyle and posted on the mindandmuscle forums back in 2003/4 or so. What happened to the group that used to post there? Loki, TwinPeaks, etc? Looks like the site is mostly defunct.

I know Lyle had a bit of a love/hate relationship with the folks on that forum, not trying to stir anything up, just not sure where else to ask.

Lyle, you still speed skating?
Unread 01-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Who the hell knows. Forums are, IMO, dead. FB owns all
Unread 01-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Who the hell knows. Forums are, IMO, dead. FB owns all
Not for all things, maybe for the Fitness industry?

I've been on Beeradvocate since 2004 and that forum is insanely busy all the time.

I also find Facebook to be slowing down. Being replaced by Twitter for many things, and now Instagram.

I would also say many many people use Reddit for information, including info for the fitness industry.
Unread 01-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Bodybiulding.com is sstill big, I imagine t-nation is

FB has taken over on most things

So far as M&M, I imagine Par Deus or whatever pretention thing he called himself finally had a meltdown. That forum can go f itself anyhow. They had asked me to do a forum Q&A which I did.

So did Anthony Roberts. I took him to task on something he said, he blocked me from his forum and put up direct llinks to pirated copies of my books

I told the forum admins about it "We can't do anything"

So f those guys 6 times. And Anthony Roberts while I'm at it.
Unread 01-02-2019, 07:04 PM

holy I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., i just realized that was all 15 years ago. i was a kid.

im an out of shape dad with 2 kids now, havent been to the gym in over a year, but had a bout of nostalgia that sent me back here last night.

glad to see you're still writing, lyle. i remember shilling your ebooks via affiliate links all over the place back in the day. your writing had a positive effect on me, not so much in terms of diet advice (because diets are hard, man), but in your general outlook.

i dont use fb, as i work in marketing and the first-hand experience of seeing how much data from social media is exploitable and monetizable is pretty terrifying, so cant easily catch up with anyone who uses that exclusively, now.