BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-30-2017, 08:25 AM

Default After Cheatday Bloat

Hey Guys,

12 days ago i have had a massive cheatday (about 15k kcal logged in myfitnesspal) I usually eat around 2150 kcal on a daily bases (200g Protein, 75 Fat, 150ish Carbs).

I am still looking bloated and watery around my mid section, the first 5 days after the cheatday my feet and even legs were swollen, even the skin around my mid section was swollen and felt sensitive.

Is this normal and is there any way to fix this?

by the way I am 6"2 , 175 pounds and usually my abs are relatively visable.

I lost around 50 pounds couple years ago, so my skin around my belly is slightly loose, not visual but i can feel it.

I hope somebody has similar experiences and can help me out

Thanks and Greetings from Germany
Max
Unread 07-30-2017, 08:52 AM

Maybe check out some of the 10, 20k calories challenges on youtube? Some of them also document the aftermath from such a large cheat day.
Unread 07-30-2017, 09:47 AM

It's probably a couple of pounds of fat, because, you know, freaking 15k kcal.
Unread 07-30-2017, 11:52 AM

Wow, being currently on a RFL run that is more than 11 days' worth of food for me. My "free day" mental maximum value setting has just been blown away 😅

I literally had no idea that was possible. Am curious to hear comments from others who have experience with this.
Unread 07-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyman View Post
Wow, being currently on a RFL run that is more than 11 days' worth of food for me. My "free day" mental maximum value setting has just been blown away 😅

I literally had no idea that was possible. Am curious to hear comments from others who have experience with this.
I might have gone as high as 9kish cals on a ridiculous day but 15, thats sum skill
Unread 07-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Default Why?

Well if you went about 13k kcal above your maintenance, it's gonna take a 13k deficit to get back to where you were.

More importantly, why was such a large cheat day necessary?
Unread 07-30-2017, 03:20 PM

Whoa!

I've done this before as well.. even logged it as you have but I won't say how many consecutive days like this I've done

My advice going forward is really take in the full experience of what's happening to your body right now and keep it in your head and heart for the next time you consider doing this so that you will consider the consequences

I consider myself acutely no longer healthy when this has happened to me.
Like deciding to smoke a couple packs of cigarettes in a day when you've never done it before.

Anyways, afterwards, I've had edema in my ankles and also while the rest of me stayed pretty cut looking and vascular my ab fat markedly in increased and lost the abs. My ab fat wasn't sensitive like you're saying but I was getting these wierd... "electrical" sensations for 24 hours afterwards.. it's like I could feel myself getting fatter.

I had hoped it was water weight.. but most wasn't.

If you have the same thing going on that I did you'll just have to wait out the water and get back on track to go forward again. No quick fix that I discovered. Just eat low carb and wait for the dust to settle (water weight to clear) to see what "damage" has been done.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-30-2017, 09:05 PM

why would you do that
Unread 07-31-2017, 03:12 AM

thanks for your advice. I somehow managed to loose almost all the weight/water. i am still holding to a tiny bit of water but not even 2lbs. I think the body isnt even able to make use of all these calories...

If calories in vs calories out was 100% true i should have gained weight, but it seems like i will be back to normal in the next one or two days.

By the way the only day i tried to adjust for the cheat was the next day when i skipped brekfast
Unread 07-31-2017, 07:42 AM

I mean I guess its possible with that absurd amount of food intakes a lot of it just got pushed out....idk this is an outlier for sure.