BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-15-2017, 09:49 PM

Default Scapular Pain while Benching

I was benching earlier today and noticed a stabbing pain around my right scapula while benching. Nothing extremely painful - I was able to finish my sets, and I've had this before, only when I bench.

I noticed that this first started originally in dental school when we first started practicing on mannequins. I've been working on patients for the past two years (a total of 3 years since the origin). I was thinking that the nature of the job resulted in this - I'm right handed and there's a bit of repetitive motions and movements involved. It feels like my right shoulder is more loose than my left - my range of motion is much greater on my right arm. Is this due to shoulder instability?
Unread 05-16-2017, 12:02 AM

Might have subluxation or something. Get it looked at and seek some professional advice
Unread 05-16-2017, 06:18 AM

Don't know if it is the source of your pain.

I have a similar issue with my right shoulder. On bench press my left side will come up fine, but right shoulder fails and sometimes just will not press through. Was told by a PT that it is hyper mobility.

Repetitive motion makes sense. I'm right handed and have done a lot of ten key and work with a computer mouse right handed. I think that mouse stuff is likely the bigger contributor because the placement is often awkward.

Not sure how to fix it. Doesn't seem to be an issue with pulling exercises. If anything my right side seems stronger when pulling. Seems to be less of an issue with overhead press too.
Unread 05-16-2017, 09:05 AM

Um. Notice. That. OP. Described. Sharp. Pain.
Unread 05-16-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Um. Notice. That. OP. Described. Sharp. Pain.
Yeah, I got that. See my first sentence...basically:

pain = I don't know.

Just making connections myself, thinking out loud and kind of wondering if OP also finds OHP is fine...maybe he doesn't even do that...simple curiosity.
Unread 05-16-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Might have subluxation or something. Get it looked at and seek some professional advice
I'd prefer to avoid that for right now, if at all possible. Obtaining disability insurance can get a bit tricky if you have a history of joint issues.
Unread 05-17-2017, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne08 View Post
I'd prefer to avoid that for right now, if at all possible. Obtaining disability insurance can get a bit tricky if you have a history of joint issues.
The only alternative is asking people on the internet. Which, as you can see, has not proved especially helpful.

The answer on my part is that I think there's something wrong with your shoulder.