BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-14-2018, 09:44 AM

Default Looking for some advice and guidance from UD2 experts

I have been doing UD2 for about three weeks and finding great results. NO complaints at all. I love how Lyle says something will happen if you do things this way and you can expect those things to happen.
The purpose for this thread is merely for bouncing ideas and learning from others based on the data I provide and how to make sense of it.
I planned on doing the full 8 week cycle as recommended but unfortunately, a work study has come up and I will be out of town Mon-Thurs for my 4th week. I will jump back on the wagon when I return back home.
Anyway...
The trend in weight seems odd...actually no trend. Just seems to be doing whatever it wants, lol. Composition is getting better (see pics). Stupidly, I didnt take any measurements or body fat test.
Any advice? Is this a normal trend? Change or alter anything? Any and all advice will be helpful.

One other thing, the only thing I dont do is the tension workout on Thursday. I do it on Friday and carb load starting Friday morning. Mon- Thurs is depletion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 week prog.jpg (31.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg macros excel.jpg (7.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg weight trend.jpg (88.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg weight graph.jpg (72.8 KB, 15 views)
Unread 12-14-2018, 05:00 PM

UD2 does wonky things with weight. Try comparing same day week to week or not worry with it as long as visually you’re improving and maintaining lifting performance.
Unread 12-15-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
UD2 does wonky things with weight. Try comparing same day week to week or not worry with it as long as visually you’re improving and maintaining lifting performance.
LightCrow,

I am not too worried about the scale because I do see the physical changes. I guess because of the data I have, I'm waiting to see a trend so that I know what to expect and learn what my body is doing.
I did do what Lyle (and you) suggested by comparing day to day with third picture I uploaded.

I appreciate the input
Unread 12-30-2018, 01:42 PM

Have done ud2 for years now, best results I have got while cutting. Cant cut any other way.
Currently doing it now to lose some weight. I also start my tension workout on Friday and carb load at work.
The best way to compete the depletion workouts is too use machines

Last edited by BJK213 : 12-30-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Unread 06-28-2019, 07:53 PM

based on the data you've shown there is definitely a trend line. There is a negative slope. Which is exactly what you want. UD2 does some crazy things but its all measured. The large swings in weight is due to change in water retention. In the diet phase you lose a lot of water (little carbs) loading phase you absorb a lot of water (heavy carbs). Remember for each gram of starchy carb consumed 3 grams of water is absorbed.

Im doing the same diet and I have the exact same swings. The only difference is, i have a larger amplitude (range) than you. I am 1) heavier and 2) carrying much higher BF than you. I'm in the process of my 1st cycle 3rd week and Im showing spectacular results. Im lost 0.7 lbs of fat in Week 1, 2.2 lbs of fat in week 2 and Im poised to lose 2.5 or maybe 3 lbs in week 3.

The most important day is Day 1 when you should be using calipers, tape measure or other reliable device. The other days are just there to ensure the trend. Always compare like days. ie. day 1 with day 1, day 2 with day 2 etc.

BTW, what is your goal. You're already super lean. Under 11% and i usually feel exhausted and lethargic

Last edited by grkness : 06-28-2019 at 07:56 PM.