BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-19-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
My n=1 experience for this holds true. People increase or decrease neat based on over or underfeeding that probably explains a lot of it.
What you indicate makes sense and is an excellent point.

However, NEAT was never referenced indicating one would need to eat greater excess calories and have more fat spillover when trying to add muscle.

This is what I as interested in seeing because it sounds made up.
Unread 02-19-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
What you indicate makes sense and is an excellent point.

However, NEAT was never referenced indicating one would need to eat greater excess calories and have more fat spillover when trying to add muscle.

This is what I as interested in seeing because it sounds made up.
Going by last time I tracked my maintenance was around 3200ish. I ended up at 3750ish whilst scale weight bareeeeeely moving (after regaining initial water/glycogen/food in gut). Let's say that's a solid 400 to 500 cal surplus, My bodyweight didn't change according to predictions with no other change in either lifestyle or gym work. I ain't got much else to explain it.

Take a look at this, there seems to be a difference in mass gains in overseeing situations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9880251

Last edited by w1cked : 02-19-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Unread 02-19-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Going by last time I tracked my maintenance was around 3200ish. I ended up at 3750ish whilst scale weight bareeeeeely moving (after regaining initial water/glycogen/food in gut). Let's say that's a solid 400 to 500 cal surplus, My bodyweight didn't change according to predictions with no other change in either lifestyle or gym work. I ain't got much else to explain it.

Take a look at this, there seems to be a difference in mass gains in overseeing situations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9880251
You can make that N=2. I went from dieting (basically maintaining ) at 1600 kcals to trying to gain on 2500 and that still isn't enough calories for me to gain any weight. It's got to be NEAT because I haven't changed my lifestyle at all other than actually decreasing the amount of cardio I do.
Unread 02-21-2018, 01:06 PM

Same here. 16Kcal/lb maintenance while cutting, 18kcal/lb while bulking. A decent 300-500kcal of fidgeting per day is to be expected I think.
Unread 02-27-2018, 07:01 AM

Lucky you guys. I’m about 12xlbm cutting and 14xlbm gaining mass.