BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-14-2018, 09:06 AM

Default Is getting to 10% even feasible at my weight?

Currently 155lbs, 5’9. Not sure where my bodyfat percentage is (picture below). I’d set my heart on reaching the goal of 10% bodyfat, mainly for the fact that I’d be at a good base when I start bulking again, being able to remain relatively lean throughout. That seemed better than what I’ve done before, where I’d start bulking at 15% or so and finish up in the higher teens which I don’t really want.

I guess my question is should I be doing this? Is it even feasible that at my level of musculature and weight that I should attempt to get to 10%? Is it even possible while preserving the muscle i do have? I’m worried that as calories keep decreasing as I get closer to the goal, I won’t even be able to consume the amount of protein I need with the amount of calories I have (going for 1.5g per pound, and I’m currently on 1300 calories).

I just feel if I was leaner from the start of a bulk things would be better. I’d be able to see my progress better, remain leaner rather than worrying about looking puffy as I enter the high teens and just in general be happier with my progress. I’m just not sure whether this immediate goal is a realistic one or even one that’s possible.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7B9E8CB3-9A68-4DCC-BB06-7C15FB9B5EF9.jpg (11.6 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by krk24 : 03-14-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Accidentally clicked post before finishing.
Unread 03-14-2018, 10:09 AM

Yeah you can. You got enough lbm not to look too skinny
Unread 03-14-2018, 11:35 AM

Even at the lowest amount of safe caloric intake (rfl kind of diet) you can get the amount of protein you need, no need to worry abt that. What kind of diet are you on?

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 03-14-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Yeah you can. You got enough lbm not to look too skinny
Thatís good then, thanks for the reply.
Unread 03-14-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
Even at the lowest amount of safe caloric intake (rfl kind of diet) you can get the amount of protein you need, no need to worry abt that. What kind of diet are you on?
Ok, thatís good news then with the protein.

Iím currently on 1300 calories. I get about 180 to 195 grams of protein. Get my omega 3 oils in and possibly a bowl of high protein cerial and thatís about all I have room for.

I went from 120lbs to 162lbs and was eating around 3700-3800 calories to get there.
When I came to cut, I spent several weeks at various different intakes where Iíd set the caloric goal, wait two weeks, and then drop more.
After this very long winded process I finally started to lose fat around 1600 calories, and the calories have since decreased to 1300 after stalls.

Thanks
Unread 03-14-2018, 12:54 PM

Sounds like you've been dieting for quite a while. If that's the case no need to torture yourself for minimal payback - go on maintenance for a couple of weeks and resume your diet

My ERFL log
Unread 03-14-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you've been dieting for quite a while. If that's the case no need to torture yourself for minimal payback - go on maintenance for a couple of weeks and resume your diet
Actually, the information I forgot to include was that a couple of weeks ago I did do a two week diet break, as recomended in one of lyleís articles.

It was after this that I started on the 1200 cal diet which Iíve been doing for nearly a week now.
Iím not saying my progress has halted, per se. Maybe I will start losing fat at 1200.
Itís just the long game Iím concerned about. if Iím at 15% bodyfat now, how horrific will the diet become as I get closer to 10%?

Cheers
Unread 03-14-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post
Actually, the information I forgot to include was that a couple of weeks ago I did do a two week diet break, as recomended in one of lyle’s articles.

It was after this that I started on the 1200 cal diet which I’ve been doing for nearly a week now.
I’m not saying my progress has halted, per se. Maybe I will start losing fat at 1200.
It’s just the long game I’m concerned about. if I’m at 15% bodyfat now, how horrific will the diet become as I get closer to 10%?

Cheers
You can always give UD2 a run at least you get weekly refeeds plus some muscle gain along with losing fat is not uncommon

My ERFL log
Unread 03-14-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You can always give UD2 a run at least you get weekly refeeds plus some muscle gain along with losing fat is not uncommon
Maybe I should...
Isnít that for the very advanced people, though?

Cheers
Unread 03-15-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post
Maybe I should...
Isn’t that for the very advanced people, though?

Cheers
Smaller dudes have done it. You don't have to do UD2 to see progress. You're not that small. You could look good lean. If you want to be lean, that's your prerogative. You're not too fat to bulk. The world is your oyster. Getting lean is always hard