BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-30-2018, 01:52 PM

Default My diet effort

Okay....so here is a bit about me...

F, 185lbs, about 43% BF (although I don't think I look that 'fat') and 62 y.o. 5'8" tall.

I think a keto diet is too much "fat" for me and you seem to suggest that "ketosis" isn't really going to help me. That said, I do seem to read (from your books...or the ones I have) that low carb (but healthy carb) is the way to go.

I seem to feel that a total caloric intake of about 1400 calories gives me enough fuel to function without feeling too hungry and gives me a deficit of about 500-1000 calories a day (depending on what I do of course).

My macros are currently about 50% fat (aiming for healthy fat...i.e. no trans fat and not too much animal fat), 35% protein and 15% in healthy carbs (broccoli, lettuce, cucumber, mushroom, onions). Of that 15% about 1/2 that is a cup of Fiber one cereal dry since I feel I need a good bang of Fiber because of my high LDL cholesteroal (genetic)...(even though my HDL is also on the high side). I've read David Perlmutter (your thoughts?) and he seems to agree that I should not worry about my blood cholesterol but my LDL is over 220 which seems just too much still.

Help? I really want to target my stored fat as much as possible. In that arena I am working out with resistence training and walking. Anything else to target stored fat? It seems mine is quite stubborn. Thanks in advance.