BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-31-2019, 05:26 PM

Default Is Jeff Nippard's math on how much of overfeeding will be stored as fat correct?

https://youtu.be/FdaM3f_odqI

Starts at 8 minutes. He's doing a 10,000 calorie eating challenge and claims his NEAT will increase by 1400 calories and he'll only gain .5 lbs of fat for that day.
Unread 08-31-2019, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Increases in NEAT with overfeeding varies 10 fold between people. There is no meaningful way to make that calculation IMO
Unread 09-01-2019, 06:54 AM

As someone that is somewhat interested and involved in competitive eating I believe that your body does not process all the food like it normally would when you eat large amounts of food like that. Here is a video of maybe the top woman in competitive eating chugging 2 gallons of cooking oil, almost 70,000 calories.

https://youtu.be/tBfK4CuaBkM

If you used some conventional wisdom she would put on like 10 pounds of fat from that...but she doesn't. I think when you consume such large amounts of food at once it just passes through in some regard without getting fully metabolized. If this weren't the case the woman above and other competitive eaters would not be able to stay relatively skinny.

I have no science to back this up and it is more of just observation and a hunch. You could say that they just eat very sparingly the rest of the time but in the case of that woman I don't think that would be possible. She eats 10,000+ calorie meals relatively often and for someone that size that is probably close to a week's worth of calories.
Unread 09-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Administrator

The gut probably has an absorption limit that this idiocy sidesteps. She'll just poop oil.

Which has nothing to do with Nippard's NEAT claim
Unread 09-15-2019, 03:50 PM

The guy certainly took some cycles as a teen and in early 20s - and has regularly competed in bodybuilding and powerlifting competitions against many drugged up competitors often winning out over them. Managed to keep a lot of it. "But but...he's 5 feet tall...he's just an elf". I have no idea if he's been on a cycle for years, but that's why he weighs 180lbs at his height as a decent bf.

Then he has a script with some selective studies pulled from pubmed which he reads out, and takes deliberate pauses as he's speaking as though it's all off the top of his head. No ums and ahs. So he sounds very credible.

I'm not trying to discredit him on an ad hom, I like some of his videos and his gf is hot, but he holds himself up as a natural lifter who has made these gains as a result of his knowledge and training and consequently if he talks crap; well you're arguing against proven scientific literature and what's worked for him etc...

That's all I have a problem with. I get he has a large youtube following and he just simply can't come clean, but a lot of info gets put out there and people take it seriously even if, like this, it's just silly.

Last edited by HIIT : 09-15-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Unread 09-15-2019, 05:56 PM

Salty.