BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZa View Post
Nope.

And TUT is one of the dumbest ideas ever to come about.
so are you saying TUT doesnt have any place in hypertrophy.
Unread 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Nope.

And TUT is one of the dumbest ideas ever to come about.
Ok, since TUT is bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., you'll grow lifting your 1RM. Little TUT with only one rep?, no matters, TUT is worthless.

You can't obtain maximun hypertrophy no training both functional and structural hypertrophy.
Unread 05-02-2008, 02:17 PM

I never said TUT was bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. I said it was a dumb idea.

And where the hell did the idea that the only way to train is to train 1RM or TUT?

TUT is stupid for a lot of reasons, the main one being that it just prolongs the workload to the muscle and fatigues it without a concomitant increase in anything but microtrauma.
Unread 05-03-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
I never said TUT was bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. I said it was a dumb idea.

And where the hell did the idea that the only way to train is to train 1RM or TUT?

TUT is stupid for a lot of reasons, the main one being that it just prolongs the workload to the muscle and fatigues it without a concomitant increase in anything but microtrauma.
TUT (time under tension) isnt an idea its fact
we are not talking slow reps to cause more TUT,if you do one rep that is less TUT than ten reps.
Unread 05-03-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:

And cumulative fatigue is one of the ways to stimulate hypertrophy. With high TUT you are lifting less weight... bute you are appling more stress on I and IIa fibers because IIb are only recruited in the last reps. And more glycogen depletion, and blood vessel hypertrophy, wich are an important factors in mass gain.
Unread 05-03-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
And cumulative fatigue is one of the ways to stimulate hypertrophy. With high TUT you are lifting less weight... bute you are appling more stress on I and IIa fibers because IIb are only recruited in the last reps. And more glycogen depletion, and blood vessel hypertrophy, wich are an important factors in mass gain.
doesnt have to be,instead of 4x5 with 100k do 5x5 with 100k more TUT same load.
Unread 05-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
TUT (time under tension) isnt an idea its fact
we are not talking slow reps to cause more TUT,if you do one rep that is less TUT than ten reps.
I know. I was referring to the idea of purposely doing an exercise slowly a la Mike Mentzer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz
doesnt have to be,instead of 4x5 with 100k do 5x5 with 100k more TUT same load.
Yup.
Unread 05-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:

how important, how much of the total mass gains do you think those contribute?

and if I'm doing a routine that, in a given day combines

primary exercise: 4X6-8/3'
secondary exercise: 3X12-15/1' rest,

what gains am I going to get by doing purely metabolic type training that the second exercise won't accomplish
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok, since TUT is bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., you'll grow lifting your 1RM. Little TUT with only one rep?, no matters, TUT is worthless.
there is a difference in saying that here is a volume requirement for hypertophy and saying that you should deliberately focus on the length of your sets

doing a bunch of heavy triple can build as much muscle mass as faffing around with sets of 10
Unread 05-05-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
how important, how much of the total mass gains do you think those contribute?

and if I'm doing a routine that, in a given day combines

primary exercise: 4X6-8/3'
secondary exercise: 3X12-15/1' rest,

what gains am I going to get by doing purely metabolic type training that the second exercise won't accomplish
The second exercise is almost pure metabolic work.