BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM
faz faz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: england
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZa View Post
Nope.

And TUT is one of the dumbest ideas ever to come about.
so are you saying TUT doesnt have any place in hypertrophy.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Sugar Sugar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZa View Post
Nope.

And TUT is one of the dumbest ideas ever to come about.
Ok, since TUT is bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., you'll grow lifting your 1RM. Little TUT with only one rep?, no matters, TUT is worthless.

You can't obtain maximun hypertrophy no training both functional and structural hypertrophy.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
CZa CZa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 153
Default

I never said TUT was bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. I said it was a dumb idea.

And where the hell did the idea that the only way to train is to train 1RM or TUT?

TUT is stupid for a lot of reasons, the main one being that it just prolongs the workload to the muscle and fatigues it without a concomitant increase in anything but microtrauma.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 05-03-2008, 03:36 AM
faz faz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: england
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZa View Post
I never said TUT was bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. I said it was a dumb idea.

And where the hell did the idea that the only way to train is to train 1RM or TUT?

TUT is stupid for a lot of reasons, the main one being that it just prolongs the workload to the muscle and fatigues it without a concomitant increase in anything but microtrauma.
TUT (time under tension) isnt an idea its fact
we are not talking slow reps to cause more TUT,if you do one rep that is less TUT than ten reps.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 05-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Sugar Sugar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZa View Post
I never said TUT was bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. I said it was a dumb idea.

And where the hell did the idea that the only way to train is to train 1RM or TUT?

TUT is stupid for a lot of reasons, the main one being that it just prolongs the workload to the muscle and fatigues it without a concomitant increase in anything but microtrauma.
And cumulative fatigue is one of the ways to stimulate hypertrophy. With high TUT you are lifting less weight... bute you are appling more stress on I and IIa fibers because IIb are only recruited in the last reps. And more glycogen depletion, and blood vessel hypertrophy, wich are an important factors in mass gain.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-03-2008, 05:43 AM
faz faz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: england
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
And cumulative fatigue is one of the ways to stimulate hypertrophy. With high TUT you are lifting less weight... bute you are appling more stress on I and IIa fibers because IIb are only recruited in the last reps. And more glycogen depletion, and blood vessel hypertrophy, wich are an important factors in mass gain.
doesnt have to be,instead of 4x5 with 100k do 5x5 with 100k more TUT same load.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 05-03-2008, 12:33 PM
CZa CZa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
TUT (time under tension) isnt an idea its fact
we are not talking slow reps to cause more TUT,if you do one rep that is less TUT than ten reps.
I know. I was referring to the idea of purposely doing an exercise slowly a la Mike Mentzer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz
doesnt have to be,instead of 4x5 with 100k do 5x5 with 100k more TUT same load.
Yup.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 05-03-2008, 06:58 PM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
And cumulative fatigue is one of the ways to stimulate hypertrophy. With high TUT you are lifting less weight... bute you are appling more stress on I and IIa fibers because IIb are only recruited in the last reps. And more glycogen depletion, and blood vessel hypertrophy, wich are an important factors in mass gain.

how important, how much of the total mass gains do you think those contribute?


and if I'm doing a routine that, in a given day combines

primary exercise: 4X6-8/3'
secondary exercise: 3X12-15/1' rest,

what gains am I going to get by doing purely metabolic type training that the second exercise won't accomplish
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:00 PM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
Ok, since TUT is bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., you'll grow lifting your 1RM. Little TUT with only one rep?, no matters, TUT is worthless.
there is a difference in saying that here is a volume requirement for hypertophy and saying that you should deliberately focus on the length of your sets

doing a bunch of heavy triple can build as much muscle mass as faffing around with sets of 10
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Sugar Sugar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
how important, how much of the total mass gains do you think those contribute?


and if I'm doing a routine that, in a given day combines

primary exercise: 4X6-8/3'
secondary exercise: 3X12-15/1' rest,

what gains am I going to get by doing purely metabolic type training that the second exercise won't accomplish
The second exercise is almost pure metabolic work.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.