BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-15-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Smaller dudes have done it. You don't have to do UD2 to see progress.
Agreed, but given his goal (bulk starting at lower bodyfat) plus the misery of current low cals I'd think some kind of frequent carb cycling (such as UD2) could be a good fit

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 03-15-2018, 04:50 AM

On my avatar I'm about 160 pounds and 15% BF ( now 165 at same BF, whooray). At like 5'8. I think I would not look too skinny at 10% (my weight would be like 156 pounds). Most of the times I go to 12%. Chicks dig that percentage.

Instead of UD.2, you could do less painful and almost equally effective diet, like EOD refeed. It's my "go to" diet. AMA

Last edited by zLeeKo : 03-15-2018 at 04:58 AM.
Unread 03-15-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Smaller dudes have done it. You don't have to do UD2 to see progress. You're not that small. You could look good lean. If you want to be lean, that's your prerogative. You're not too fat to bulk. The world is your oyster. Getting lean is always hard
Yeah, I guess that kind of puts it into perspective, thanks.

I guess Iíll definitely focus on getting lean then and stop procrastinating about whether I should or not. If 10% is possible then thatís what Iíll aim for, guess I just have to pick the method.

By the way, Iím not going to run into any serious testosterone issues if I presume this, am I? Someone once warned me of a perminant testosterone plummet if I was on too little calories, though I donít know how much truth there is in that.
Unread 03-15-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
Agreed, but given his goal (bulk starting at lower bodyfat) plus the misery of current low cals I'd think some kind of frequent carb cycling (such as UD2) could be a good fit
Iíll have a read about UD2 tonight. Itís something Iíve never really considered because Iíd always avoided it due to my skill level, but not Iím intrigued.

Thanks
Unread 03-15-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
On my avatar I'm about 160 pounds and 15% BF ( now 165 at same BF, whooray). At like 5'8. I think I would not look too skinny at 10% (my weight would be like 156 pounds). Most of the times I go to 12%. Chicks dig that percentage.

Instead of UD.2, you could do less painful and almost equally effective diet, like EOD refeed. It's my "go to" diet. AMA
Havenít heard of that, Iíll look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

What did you have to do to cut be at 12%? Were you on a similarly low amount of calories?
Everyone Iíve spoken to my weight and height (or round about) seems to be able to cut on way higher calories to the point where I started to wonder whether there was something wrong with me!
Unread 03-15-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post
Havenít heard of that, Iíll look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

What did you have to do to cut be at 12%? Were you on a similarly low amount of calories?
Everyone Iíve spoken to my weight and height (or round about) seems to be able to cut on way higher calories to the point where I started to wonder whether there was something wrong with me!
I'm one of those people that lean out easily.

And getting to 12% is easy as pie IME. So either I do simple, straight deficit (10-12 kcal/lbs) or since straight deficit is boring, I do EOD refeeds, so I can pig out on carbs 2-3 times a week.
Unread 03-15-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post

By the way, I’m not going to run into any serious testosterone issues if I presume this, am I? Someone once warned me of a perminant testosterone plummet if I was on too little calories, though I don’t know how much truth there is in that.
Nah, that would happen only on very extended period of dieting or trying to maintain low BF level for a long period of time.
Unread 03-16-2018, 07:49 AM

You can do it. I have and don't have a massive amount of LBM I guess between 125-130 ish.

I went from 160 ish (bf not sure) to 142-145 (10-13%).

Ran ud 2.0 a few times, I was too fat for the first 2. I also didnt have enough diet breaks, which made it harder. I have maintained the lower bf for about 4 months on 2kcal a day. See photos attached. I probably did it for too long 8 months of dieting, more breaks from xmas, onwards had 3 weeks off followed by a month.

It took a month to start to feel back to normal (below but not fully recovered).

But you will have to accept there is more to lose than you think.

https://imgur.com/a/dm7QM

https://imgur.com/a/QBav0

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showt...ighlight=kirby
Unread 03-16-2018, 07:54 AM

What confuses me is how much LBM could I put a year now, so I know what kcal to set it at as Ive been training for 5 years plus.

Im not sure how much I started with when I was a beginner ( probably not alot 152 skinny fat). SO in a good career if I could put on 30 lbs, Ive only put on 10 so far?

Note Ive tracked kcal for a year everyday, getting more accurate as I got closer to the goal.

Anyone got any opinons? Sorry to hijack