BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-17-2017, 04:33 AM

Default Weight Lifting

In regards to following this routine
- http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=1724

Lyle states in the RFL Handbook that you should only be lifting about twice or three times a week, and that any more is unnecessary, as what is linked above is enough for beginners to potentially build some LBM and for more advanced lifters to preserve their LBM, my question is what are the major issues that can occur from training more than 3 times a week on this diet, because personally I get bored out of my mind on any diet and I need to do some kind of movement, and lifting is the only 'fun' activity I can think of, I have time off work in general now so I am mostly at home and sedentary, I can't go out because my friends all want to eat out, and what not so I feel like a sponge just siting down at home if I can't even lift.

I am going to assume that the most obvious damage someone could do is injury themselves while lifting a lot on a low calorie diet, but is 4 times a week still within a safety net guideline, or is that 1 extra day going to cause issues?

I found the adhering to the actual food portion of the diet somewhat easy, and I am not really lacking any energy throughout the day, but I would like to lift just a bit more.

And don't get my wrong, I am not saying that what he stated is incorrect and if I lift another day it's going to add onto anything, I just want to add an extra day to my routine to soothe the boredom that hovering around my head
Unread 12-17-2017, 06:22 AM

Recovery issues. Hormonal issues. Burnout. Injury risk. Loss of LBM.

My suggestion is to do some very very light movement, like walking a little bit. That's about it. Maybe find a hobby or 2?
Unread 12-17-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Recovery issues. Hormonal issues. Burnout. Injury risk. Loss of LBM.

My suggestion is to do some very very light movement, like walking a little bit. That's about it. Maybe find a hobby or 2?
Aye, makes sense. Might just do some light walking as you said when I am not allowed to lift. Plus I guess I really should follow the guidelines to a T.
Unread 12-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Exactly what Determinism said. In a recent thread of mine I attempt to go low carb, 1000 deficit, and PPL 6 days.

It did not work.....