BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Default Maintaing Muscle?

Assuming someone is trying to cut a significant amount and has been out of the gym for awhile, would they have to lift as heavy as possible to maintain their muscle on a big deficit, or can they just lift somewhat heavy and slowly load weight on, without going ham, or do you need to be lifting huge amounts to retain your muscle. Is it just about whatever makes your muscles feel worn/used so that your body avoids catabolizing muscle?

Because I stopped lifting for almost 3-4 years seriously for awhile, and now I have a decent amount of fat to cut, but I can't lift as much as I want sometimes as I don't always have time to hit the gym, so I use what I have at home, and my particular weights to go up to huge amounts like the gym has, and I am curious if it's enough weight to still preserve muscle (I am 100% getting enough protein so the nutritional concept is out of the idea) because what I am lifting is still not easy to lift, I can't spam reps with the lower weights I am doing, so presumably they are still useful.

The weights in question are primarily in terms of bench presses/squats/dead lifts, as I can use the same dumbbell size in the gym as I do at home.

Opinions ?