BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoftruth View Post
guys I wanted to report in, I have been feeling very fatigued lately. And it is constant. I have never felt this with DNP before this late in.
lower your dose and see if it goes away. Odd.

On 250mg crystal+dnp+t3 and weird, barely any side effects. I really hope it's working and not having major side effects doesn't mean it's being flushed out by my body and is doing nothign to my metabolism. That would suck.

However, feel like crap and feel tired at night.
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmrbean View Post
l
However, feel like crap and feel tired at night.
Then it's likely working, though you can outeat it so still work on your diet rather than upping the dose. T3 and DNP stacked is quite potent.

Quote:
doesn't mean it's being flushed out by my body and is doing nothign
It doesn't work like that.
Unread 03-11-2014, 02:13 AM

Do we have any insight into how DNP affects the calories expended as a result of anaerobic exercise? Forgetting about partitioning and lean tissue sparing for a moment, let's say you do a heavy and intense (short rest time, training to failure) lifting session that would normally cause an expenditure of x calories that day. A high DNP dose would make the same session a lot harder to pull through, more deep breaths and exhaustion, etc., but would that affect the x calories at all? Through increased heat expenditure, inefficient metabolic activity and energy expenditure, etc.

Last edited by noah_k : 03-11-2014 at 02:34 AM.
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
Do we have any insight into how DNP affects the calories expended as a result of anaerobic exercise? Forgetting about partitioning and lean tissue sparing for a moment, let's say you do a heavy and intense (short rest time, training to failure) lifting session that would normally cause an expenditure of x calories that day. A high DNP dose would make the same session a lot harder to pull through, more deep breaths and exhaustion, etc., but would that affect the x calories at all? Through increased heat expenditure, inefficient metabolic activity and energy expenditure, etc.
Yes
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:43 PM

By all means feel welcome to elaborate on it, link a page, or post a study
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
By all means feel welcome to elaborate on it, link a page, or post a study
Not intending to be rude, but read this thread. DNP works through making the mitochondria less efficient at ATP production. Simply because you are weight-lifting, does not mean that your aerobic respiratory system stops functioning, and the increased metabolism needed for weight-training is supplied through that system.
Unread 03-12-2014, 02:37 AM

I didn't ask if it still was affected when you take DNP, I said to what degree could calories be expended differently (as in, increased) as a result of increased heat expenditure during and a result of the session, some kind of augmentation of the metabolic inefficiency, or heat expenditure already in place, etc.

Put simply: x calories added to TDEE from exercise, y calories added as a result of DNP's normal actions (with or without exercise). Does high intensity exercise result in even further expenditure as a result of high dosage DNP use when you are notably fatigued and struggling to keep up, as opposed to the standard x (with or without dnp) and the standard y (with or without exercise).

Put even more simply: Does high intensity exercise in combination with high dosage DNP result in compound, higher expenditures than the sum of each part. Under what mechanism?
Unread 03-12-2014, 07:17 AM

All that was previously discussed in this thread, and I even posted a powerpoint presentation that explain WITH IMAGES how DNP works on a fundamental level.

Make sure to read ALL of it.
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Right, I found the powerpoint, but will not have a moment to read through until later tonight. I had actually read up to and past that point but hadn't downloaded it, because it was linked in response to someone's very general question about how it works on a cellular level. There's no way I would have known than in one of the 50 slides in the ppt of one of the many pages here that it would answer the specific context of a question I had without any direct indication beforehand. I appreciate your input and effort nilo but I think it's disingenuous to show irritation for asking something "so obviously trivial and repeated."

Likewise primal had already been telling people to "read the full effing thread" much earlier on when the confusion between molecular mass figure (high 80 something%) and the 75% figure passed around of DNP content in sodium/crystal. Someone posts an abstract but never a fulltext as some sort of definitive answer. Yet it wasn't until several pages after primal's anger that the question came up again when nilo says simply
Quote:
The "why" explanation is probably some esoteric techno-chemical stuff
and then again yet another several pages later

Quote:
no idea really but I have no doubts regarding the accuracy of the 25% figure.
maybe someone here versed in chemistry can come up with an explanation
So where was the justification for that, primal? Jumped the gun just a bit? The point being just because something is touched on (several times) doesn't indicate it's been covered. Maybe what I am asking is in the .ppt, maybe it's somewhere further (I keep losing my place when I start the read from time to time) but perhaps be a little less patronizing about it.

Last edited by noah_k : 03-12-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:17 AM

I ran into that girl again. (had foot pain)

She's been running DNP at that low dose (150mg/day - she's ~100lbs) since I last spoke to her. She says no pain or anything. Also not terribly hot/sweaty - makes sense at a low dose I guess.

From what I could tell talking to her, she isn't really changing anything about her diet, just taking these. She wanted to "make her butt smaller" - I asked if she's been measuring/weighing or tracking this in any sort of way. Nope!

Sort of checked out after that.

At least at that low dose she's unlikely to hurt herself.