BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-11-2017, 12:30 AM

Default RFL Cat 1 female - things I should have asked years ago

Hi All,
Semi neurotic female dieter checking in. I have done short stints of RFL before, but the caloric amount always freaks me out, as my head always tells me they seem too high. I have been on a slow and steady build (with some mini cuts etc) since May last year and just want to lose some fat now. I had a Dexa yesterday and in that time I have put on around 5kg of weight (apparently 3 kgs of that being muscle and 2kgs of that fat)
My BF% in May last year was 14.5% and is now 17.5% - I weigh 69kgs, so my protein for RFL is 250g per day... It's quite a lot right? I think I just need someone to reassure me that with the tag along fats/ carbs and the fish oil etc I will be right.
Also, I'd like to get another Dexa when I've comple this RFL stint. When would it best to get it? Before the refeed, a couple of days after the refeed?
Thanks so much in advance for any responses ��

Last edited by lisacal : 02-11-2017 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Unread 02-13-2017, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacal View Post
My BF% in May last year was 14.5% and is now 17.5% - I weigh 69kgs, so my protein for RFL is 250g per day...
The book calls for 1-1.25, 1.25-1.5 and 1.5-2.0 g/lb (LBM) for rest, aerobic and weight training days respectively.

You have approximately 125lbs of LBM therefore:

Rest: 125-155g
Aerobic:155-187g
Weight training:187-250g

Personally I tend to use the upper limit for aerobic days and lower for weight training so that I consume the same amount each day.
Unread 02-13-2017, 03:29 AM

First of all, your body fat percentage must be higher, unless you're stage lean all year (or dead).

Secondly, your body NEEDS fat. As you said, don't be neurotic about it.

Finally, as a cat1 your body needs more protein and dieting slows down anyway. Although RFL is fast, it may not be the smartest option if you're approaching very low BF%. Some extra fat, calories or some form of cycling isn't a bad idea.
Unread 02-13-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
The book calls for 1-1.25, 1.25-1.5 and 1.5-2.0 g/lb (LBM) for rest, aerobic and weight training days respectively.

You have approximately 125lbs of LBM therefore:

Rest: 125-155g
Aerobic:155-187g
Weight training:187-250g

Personally I tend to use the upper limit for aerobic days and lower for weight training so that I consume the same amount each day.
Great, this is where I would naturally feel better and what I naturally gravitate towards anyway. Thank you so much
Unread 02-13-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
First of all, your body fat percentage must be higher, unless you're stage lean all year (or dead).

Secondly, your body NEEDS fat. As you said, don't be neurotic about it.

You're so right

Finally, as a cat1 your body needs more protein and dieting slows down anyway. Although RFL is fast, it may not be the smartest option if you're approaching very low BF%. Some extra fat, calories or some form of cycling isn't a bad idea.
Thank you so much for your response.
Just going from what the Dexa reading was, (I know all kinds of things can influence dexa), but I have always done them fasted in the A.M before exercise. When I'm stage lean I've measured 11.5% (Dexa again)
I actually think I do probably function best on cycling - I quite like UD2 for that, but personally found it hard not to overdo the refeed days, so am weary of it. You're right about RFL being fast though, it's been 3 days and visually there is a big difference (I know it will be water weight etc, but it really is noticeable).
Unread 02-13-2017, 07:10 AM

150-190g of protein, depending on what you're doing. You're never going to need to be above 190g.

But there's another element to this, possibly.

Stage lean at 64kg? Either you're REALLY tall, or been roiding. If you have been roiding, then your protein requirements may be at the 250g end. So be aware of how these variables may be different for you.

But if totally natty, then yeah, 190g max and probably some mismeasurements on the bf% side of things
Unread 02-13-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
150-190g of protein, depending on what you're doing. You're never going to need to be above 190g.

But there's another element to this, possibly.

Stage lean at 64kg? Either you're REALLY tall, or been roiding. If you have been roiding, then your protein requirements may be at the 250g end. So be aware of how these variables may be different for you.

But if totally natty, then yeah, 190g max and probably some mismeasurements on the bf% side of things
Thank you so much for that - I'm 5'7", so not tall, no roids and stage lean for me was 11.5% and 59 kgs (but as you say Dexa may be wrong) - I got the 250g through the RFL calculator, but 180-190 is much easier to handle. Thanks again for your help.
Unread 02-13-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacal View Post
stage lean for me was 11.5%
You'd be dead.
Unread 02-13-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You'd be dead.
Not so. Wouldn't be dead
Unread 02-14-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
You'd be dead.
Honestly, I had Dexa's before 3 or 4 comps and the readings for BF were between 11.5 and 12.5% - I'm not dead....really