BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-17-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1c3rA View Post
In your opinion, do the dangers of using ECA stack on an obese individual being treated for high blood pressure outweigh the benefits for said individual?

I'm 37.5% Body Fat, 330 lbs., 5' 10" and my BP runs slightly elevated, even with medication. But I REALLY, would like to clean up my diet, get back in the rack, and get my butt cooking on some ECA. (I've used it in the past, with Adipex, mind you)
Surely at 330lbs you can still afford to lose weight on a relatively high calorie diet without having to resort to stims and appetite suppressants.
Unread 10-17-2014, 05:50 PM

Absolutely, I could. I'd prefer to see results faster, like anyone else, and I'm willing to put in the work under the iron and over the dinner plate.

My question was: what are your thoughts of the use of ECA stack for an individual with blood pressure control medication?

Extra information to whom it may interest: I plan to eat a clean targeted ketogenic diet on a StrongLifts 5x5 routine utilizing Fish Oil, CLA, ALA, and the ECA stack three times per day.

Bonus question: any benefit to a PWO when I'll probably be coming off the backend of my third dose of ECA around the time I workout? Would it be unsafe? I use NSANE.
Unread 11-28-2014, 04:18 AM

I have read through the threads and most in US are using Bronkaid for the EC stack. Are there any updates as to where Ephedrine can be obtained outside of Canada and available for international shipment? Any advise is appreciated.
Unread 11-30-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneager View Post
I have read through the threads and most in US are using Bronkaid for the EC stack. Are there any updates as to where Ephedrine can be obtained outside of Canada and available for international shipment? Any advise is appreciated.
http://centurysupplements.com/ephedrine-hcl-150-tabs
Unread 12-12-2014, 08:14 AM

In the US, the general consensus seems to be that Bronkaid is the most cost effective source of Ephedrine for an EC stack. Is this still the case?

I have never done the EC stack before but I am currently about a week into a regimen of Yohimbine HCL with a double espresso (about 150 mg caffeine) upon waking up for fasted cardio. Any issues adding the EC stack to this later on the day? I am 5'10 about 175 and looking to lean down to 165-170 to get closer to the 9-10% BF range. I estimate I am probably in the mid teens now.

I've run the Y+C fasted routine before with pretty good results so I figured I'd try to see if adding the EC stack later will help me since I tend to have a harder time controlling appetite later in the day (especially prone to evenling/night binges which I fight very hard to avoid).
Unread 12-12-2014, 08:20 AM

You're fine. Test tolerance, but ideally wait upwards of 4hrs post YHCL before poppin EC.

Also, re: binges @ night... what is your carb consumption like during day? Does this trigger appetite pangs?
Unread 12-12-2014, 08:55 AM

I usually average around 150g of carbs not counting fiber which is mostly from fruits and veggies on dieting days. I usually stay at this level for 5 days (weekdays) and then eat more on weekends. I have not been dieting long since I basically got off track in November with Thanksgiving and a few other things going on but I've been back into it for a couple of weeks now.

Nighttime tends to be the time when I get the worst cravings which is why I wanted to see if EC stack might help.
Unread 12-12-2014, 07:42 PM

It might but be careful of EC affecting your sleep. I tried something similar during UD2.0 days 3 and 4, ended up with insomnia AND cravings. Not fun.

1mg-2mg of Nicotine gum/lozenge after dinner can be nice too for killing off hunger without keeping you awake. YMMV regarding the addiction potential, no problems here.

Even simpler, brushing your teeth + a mouthwash can be a good trigger to get your mind out of 'time to eat' mode. And if you find yourself scarfing down food in spite of the minty aftertaste, might be time for a diet break.
Unread 12-15-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxguinea69 View Post
In the US, the general consensus seems to be that Bronkaid is the most cost effective source of Ephedrine for an EC stack. Is this still the case?

I have never done the EC stack before but I am currently about a week into a regimen of Yohimbine HCL with a double espresso (about 150 mg caffeine) upon waking up for fasted cardio. Any issues adding the EC stack to this later on the day? I am 5'10 about 175 and looking to lean down to 165-170 to get closer to the 9-10% BF range. I estimate I am probably in the mid teens now.

I've run the Y+C fasted routine before with pretty good results so I figured I'd try to see if adding the EC stack later will help me since I tend to have a harder time controlling appetite later in the day (especially prone to evenling/night binges which I fight very hard to avoid).
I'm sure you know some of this if you've read through the other posts but ...

1) Y+C is only effective for "stubborn body fat," meaning you are basically contest lean, but have that last little bit on the lower abs/back that you can't shake. Yohimbine HCL will help with the blood flow issue to those areas, but isn’t going to do anything to help those areas that already have sufficient blood flow to mobilize fat once it is released from the stores.

2) When you do get lean enough for YC, use a caffeine pill that is standardized for the right amount of C. The C in coffee, etc is variable. Caffeine pills are dirt cheap. Look in the headache aisle of any drug store or spermarket.

3) Bronkaid is the cheapest. Runs about $6 for 24 pills at my Walmart (an 8 day supply if you are on the full dose). Bronkaid is the sulphate, not the HCL. There was a nice post somewhere else that showed that you wind up getting a little less E per dose (19.5?). I've tried the primatine tabs (HCL) and I don't think it's worth it. You need to buy twice as much b/c it only comes in 12.5mg dosage, and the tabs are a pain in the @ss to get out of the package.

4) The appetite suppression that comes with EC will go away after a few weeks. I found that the 'rush' goes away as well. But the fat loss will continue.
Unread 01-29-2015, 06:50 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before (I'm sure it probably has), but is Pseudo- Ephedrine a viable substitute for Ephedrine in the EC stack?