BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-22-2018, 06:40 AM

Default Carbs + hot weather = Gyno flare ?

Hi guys,

For years now Iíve had to deal with a bit of gyno due to many years of being overweight and then shifting the weight quite fast. Itís not been a massive issue for me as I live in cold temperatures a lot of the time and i try and do my best to not make it noticeable. (Lifting has certainly helped cover it up just as it makes my chest look more jacked).. Any who, on vacation, I realise the gyno flares up A LOT and it becomes visabbly disturbing for me in tight shirts and tís. Would this be due to the abrupt change in climate and also the fact Iím stuffing my face? Iím in a bit of a conundrum in my head because Iím on finasteride at the minute which has been said to exacerbate Estro causing gyno .. but I did have blood work done a few weeks ago which stated my estro was fine. Itís one or the other surely?
Unread 06-22-2018, 09:23 AM

Are you sure its actually gyno or just loose skin or puffiness from still needing to lose more weight?

I have some puffiness (from some extra weight) and cold weather/water definitely tighten up your nips. I don't think it's any cause for concern though.

Have you actually had your nips examined and gotten the doctor's opinion? Your estrogen may be fine now, but you may have gotten some gyno in the past.
Unread 06-22-2018, 03:15 PM

You have a picture OP. I doubt it's gyno. I think what ssg10587 said is what's happening.

Give your body some time to adapt to the loss of weight and train your chest. Also make sure your water retention isn't high.
Unread 06-23-2018, 02:34 AM

Thanks for the responses.

Iíve got a good mind to think itís water retention from all of the over eating. I think that in combination with the really hot climate isnít doing me any favours at all