BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-03-2018, 05:09 AM
krk24 krk24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
Default Which diet and training program should I go with to maximise a body recomposition?

Going on holiday in two months time. Been training a total of about six months now. Linked a picture of what I look like currently. Iím 158lbs at 5í10Ē

Iíd like to know what might be the best workout and training routine to follow to achieve somewhat of a body recomposition (if possible) within the two month time frame?

I want to continue getting bigger and stronger and cutting isnít really what I need, muscle is. Because of this I was wondering how feasible it would be to attempt to lose a small amount of fat and add a small amount of muscle at the same time. That way I look a little better in both ways for the holiday, and donít risk adding fat before it by continuing to straight bulk.

I was hoping for some advice on how best to go about this, and what strategy I should look into to maximise the effects.
I was looking into UD2 and that seems to optimise the results Iím after, but Iím unsure.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8C1E9B7E-DEF7-4858-A2EA-D14A94B75ED6.jpg (11.5 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Aathar Aathar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 422
Default

What are your work sets? How quickly are you progressing? What is your progression scheme?

Doing UD 2 will lead to a small amount of muscle gain and good amount of fat loss. There are ways of setting it for recomp, but understand that the balance will favor fat loss and not muscle gain. You could just bulk for a month longer, then a moderate deficit the next, around 4-6lbs. Understand 2 months is not long for recomping, and you would be better served focusing on one or the other.

That said, Eric Helms, who I think is worth listening to, does think recomping is a viable strategy for naturals. Eat at maintenance and make sure you are able to add weight to the bar over time, and recomp occurs. It is also slow, and requires you to know what you are doing in the weightroom. If you are the type of person who does not see strength gains in medium reps without a surplus, or your program is not set up for that, this won't work. Whether this will work will to a large extent depend on your training age and how fast your lifts are progressing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-03-2018, 09:32 AM
muki's Avatar
muki muki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post
Going on holiday in two months time. Been training a total of about six months now. Linked a picture of what I look like currently. Iím 158lbs at 5í10Ē

Iíd like to know what might be the best workout and training routine to follow to achieve somewhat of a body recomposition (if possible) within the two month time frame?

I want to continue getting bigger and stronger and cutting isnít really what I need, muscle is. Because of this I was wondering how feasible it would be to attempt to lose a small amount of fat and add a small amount of muscle at the same time. That way I look a little better in both ways for the holiday, and donít risk adding fat before it by continuing to straight bulk.

I was hoping for some advice on how best to go about this, and what strategy I should look into to maximise the effects.
I was looking into UD2 and that seems to optimise the results Iím after, but Iím unsure.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Seriously dude, you really think anybody cares about the small amount of fat and/or muscle you would lose/gain in the period before your holidays?
That it will impact your self confidence while laying on the beach and attraction to women? It wont. it will be unnoticeable, even to you.

If that is your main concern, go shave your chest and take a strong diet to get rid of that fat over your abs. And get back to maintenance shortly before your holidays start to fill in your muscles with glycogen to look better.

Otherwise, focus getting bigger and more muscular in the long run and accept what ever comes with it (a bit of belly)

Oh, yes, you can also use steroids That is the only proven way of getting in ripped shape under such short notice...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-04-2018, 11:52 AM
krk24 krk24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aathar View Post
What are your work sets? How quickly are you progressing? What is your progression scheme?

Doing UD 2 will lead to a small amount of muscle gain and good amount of fat loss. There are ways of setting it for recomp, but understand that the balance will favor fat loss and not muscle gain. You could just bulk for a month longer, then a moderate deficit the next, around 4-6lbs. Understand 2 months is not long for recomping, and you would be better served focusing on one or the other.

That said, Eric Helms, who I think is worth listening to, does think recomping is a viable strategy for naturals. Eat at maintenance and make sure you are able to add weight to the bar over time, and recomp occurs. It is also slow, and requires you to know what you are doing in the weightroom. If you are the type of person who does not see strength gains in medium reps without a surplus, or your program is not set up for that, this won't work. Whether this will work will to a large extent depend on your training age and how fast your lifts are progressing.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate not much can happen in two months, though Iíd like to get the most out of them I can.
Iíve been progressing well, able to add 1.25kg to each lift usually every couple of workout, sometimes every workout. As I say Iíve been training six months.

Using bench press as an example, Iím currently at 82.5kg. What Iíll do is warm up with 50% of that for the first set, then take it up to 80% of it for the second, moderate intensity set and shoot for eight reps.
Then the final set is my main set at 100% of the weight (82.5kg at the moment) and here Iíll go for 8 reps max effort. If I hit it I move up 1.25kg, if not I stay on that weight until I can get 8 reps on the last set. I do this for all my lifts.

Would you say UD2 is the best bet for a recomp, then? You mentioned the importance of having a program set up for recomping.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-04-2018, 11:55 AM
krk24 krk24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muki View Post
Seriously dude, you really think anybody cares about the small amount of fat and/or muscle you would lose/gain in the period before your holidays?
That it will impact your self confidence while laying on the beach and attraction to women? It wont. it will be unnoticeable, even to you.

If that is your main concern, go shave your chest and take a strong diet to get rid of that fat over your abs. And get back to maintenance shortly before your holidays start to fill in your muscles with glycogen to look better.

Otherwise, focus getting bigger and more muscular in the long run and accept what ever comes with it (a bit of belly)

Oh, yes, you can also use steroids That is the only proven way of getting in ripped shape under such short notice...
Well, to be honest, youíre right. Though for the most part just wanted to know about recomping and what was possible.

Thanks for the post.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Aathar Aathar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 422
Default

Ud 2 would be best to get you lean in time, with some muscle gain. When I said you should have a program set up for recomping, it was in the context of being able to add weight to the bar at maintenance calories, which is what people typically mean by recomping. Ud 2 alternates dieting and gaining, so it was not quite what I was referring to; it does not mean it would not suit your purpose.

Understand you should temper your expectations for growth considerably under these conditions. 2 months is not very long, and you would get 4lbs of muscle max under ideal conditions, which would not be while dieting or recomping. If I recall correctly, ud 2 for recomp only stimulates growth half the week, with the rest dedicated to dieting. That said, it will be ideal for your purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-05-2018, 12:10 AM
BJK213 BJK213 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Default

0% chance to increase muscle in 2 months time. Heck, even doing a small test cycle won't help.
I would cut your calories by -500 and do more compound movements. Lose weight while maintaining what muscle you have.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.