BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-05-2018, 09:33 PM

Default Wtf can I do about LEPTIN RESISTANCE?

I started cutting about 6 weeks ago and I was around 30% I estimate... now Iím about 27% but all of a sudden my hunger and cravings are insatiable. Itís been 5 days now that Iíve gone over my maintenance and thereís no sign of stopping...

Iím assuming this is me being leptin resistant and I just have to suck it up and lose fat until my leptin is down enough to not cause resistance? My cut was not anything crazy. Just 500 deficit most days but I did do RFL for 3 days until something came up in my life that I had to have mental clarity for. Thereís been no change in my diet at all. Just all of a sudden I started being hungry af and cravings... is there anything I can do to stop this? I actually did take a week long maintenance break about 3 weeks ago... I thought that would prevent this from happening.
Unread 07-06-2018, 08:23 AM

the brain-gut link is key to satiation.

As a temporary measure, bromo (good), bupropion(better) and pergolide(unavailable unless you know a corrupt veterinarian medicine supplier)

From what I can see in the current research it looks like a fecal transplant to replace your ENTIRE lower intestinal flora *might* be one thing that sticks.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 07-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles.Buckley View Post
the brain-gut link is key to satiation.

As a temporary measure, bromo (good), bupropion(better) and pergolide(unavailable unless you know a corrupt veterinarian medicine supplier)

From what I can see in the current research it looks like a fecal transplant to replace your ENTIRE lower intestinal flora *might* be one thing that sticks.
Itís so frustrating, man. I was almost never hungry for the past 6 weeks, then now all of a sudden I have crazy cravings and hunger.

That bupropion seems interesting. An anti depressant might do me some good but idk how to get a prescription for it
Unread 07-06-2018, 05:42 PM

I would suggest trying to eat at or slightly above maintenance for two weeks then see how it works. 5 weeks is pretty early to get to that point though at over 25% body fat.

Are you eating junky type foods or are you eating things that are low calorie for satiety?
Unread 07-08-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
I would suggest trying to eat at or slightly above maintenance for two weeks then see how it works. 5 weeks is pretty early to get to that point though at over 25% body fat.

Are you eating junky type foods or are you eating things that are low calorie for satiety?
YEah I know man thats what gets me. Iím fat AF but I react very poorly to dieting in terms of hormones. But I am a pretty much beginner at weightlifting so maybe thatís why. Maybe my body really wants food to make my muscles grow ya know?

But nah man I eat clean! I donít eat clean just because people say itís better, I eat clean because it keeps my blood sugar steady and energy levels steady. I have tried dieting on 50% junk foods and it just doesnít work for me because I have a bad sugar addiction.

I have been eating 500-2000 cals over maintenance for 11 days so far... I for real are 2000 over maintenance yesterday of clean foods and I couldíve eaten more. Iím feeling more settled down today (finally) so I will see what happens in the coming days. I have probably gained 2-3 pounds in the past week and a half but honestly I donít look that bad compared to when I was cutting. Iím fuller and just have a little more gut.
Unread 07-08-2018, 11:22 PM

If you're a beginner, you might not need much of a deficit at all to start seeing results. I'd focus on consistency for now. Eat clean, lift hard and throw in a healthy dose of cardio to up your TDEE. Bromo is awful, so I won't recommend that but maybe try the EC stack to help with appetite? Alternatively, I've found 5HTP to be pretty good at suppressing my appetite and nicotine (don't recommend because of addiction). Oh and look up protein fluff. I dare you to eat a whole bowl of that and be hungry after.
Unread 07-10-2018, 08:45 AM

I too am ravenous if I do serious lifting. I am probably a bit fatter than you. I don't really know what your goals are, but really the best thing to do is find a way to lift that you can still eat at a deficit. For me, I lift every day not even going close to failure. Basically I do a half set of a full body routine every day. It is enough to keep me from losing muscle (and possibly even gain as a beginner) but not enough to impact my hunger or leave me sore.

I find that if I get sore from lifting I can't eat enough. But if I avoid being sore but lifting a small amount every day I don't get hungry.