BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:15 AM

Default Completing Single Digit Bodyfat push.

Time to finish what I set out to do in January.

I started around 176 lbs and 20% bodyfat. I cut to high 150s but I was just too skinny to want to continue. Spent the last few months adding muscle with some fat gain.

This morning the scale had me at 163.6 and visually im between 13-14% I believe. Using 140 LBM I'd be 14 4% so ill use that as an initial estimate. Since ill probably lose a few lbs LBM on my cut that's ok if its a little low.

Doing the 11 day RFL first and hoping that gets me pretty darn close. Then will either attempt UD 2.0 again or a mild caloric deficit to finish up.

My goal is 4th of July for the beach/boat parties.

My BIA scale had me at 19% but I just did a carb load this weekend and it over estimates anyway but I can use it as a proxy for monitoring fat loss after the initial 2-3 day drop as I deplete.

Im using caffeine, ephedrine, and yohimbine and attempting to preserve LBM as best I can.

Going to really restrict alcohol intake as much as possible too.

At the end ill post pics and likely get a DEXA scan

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:07 PM

Got off to a pretty good start. Focusing on depleting myself these first two days.

Took 600 mg caffeine and 75mg ephedrine to make it thru work fasted.

Lifted fasted on 10g BCAA and 5g carb (sweettarts!).

Did working sets of 3x15 squats, 1x15 deadlifts, and 2x15 calf raises before doing 7 miles cqrdio on 15mg yohimbine hcl. Mostly walking but a bit of interval jogging to raise the heart rate on the last half to simulate the SPF 2 a little.

Total caloric intake ~1,500. 258g protein, 80g carb, 17g fat.

Estimated expemditure ~3,100 calories.

Supplemented with 2 multivitamin, 10g fish oil, 5 psyllium husk, 1200mg calcium, 2, 000IU vitamin D, 1 glucosamine pill, 1 vitamin c pill.

Then some magnesium and 6mg melatonin to help me sleep on all the stimulants (not enough obviously since I woke up from a text message and started typing this).

Tomorrow I will do a depletion style upper body workout and tighten up my carb intake further.

Pretty satisfied. I look almost as good as ever already so cant wait to complete the next ten days of hell.

Enbrace this moment. Reninder. We are all eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Unread 06-11-2013, 10:24 PM

Wow. I am just consumed by this drive to finish having my abs come in. I feel like ive beem trying to do this for a decade. I remember the old days restricting myself to no fats while I crammed down cereal and pasta with my chicken breasts because I had no clue what I was doing.

Im only 9 days away. So close but it feels like an eternity. I didn't go to $1 night with my favorite waitress. I turned down a few beers with a friend after work. I turned down late night beers with two girls at a locals bar.

I don't know what it is. 11 days without watching sports, sex, gambling, drugs, music.. I could do any of them. But 11 days no drinking while eating almost nothing is brutal as a category 1. Especially while hopped up on stimulants all day.

Day 2: Girl I like texts me at 12:45 AM. Wakes me up. Normally im the heaviest sleeper ever but on these stims with no alcohol to induce sleep I cant go back to bed. So I head to the gym for a 2:30 AM upper body depletion workout. Punishing. Come back eat my whey and read the forums for an hour before going to bed for a few hours before work.

600mg caffeine and 75mg ephedrine gets me thru work without eating. 200mg caffeine and 15mg yohimbine sends me on a 6 mile , 96 minute walk in the summer heat. I come back to my whey and 1 lb ground beef with fat free cheese and sugar free ketchup. Nap. Then pile on protein while I do dishes and laundry.

Intake: fat 28g, carb 62g, protein 272g, calories ~1, 630
Output: ~3, 300

Now im taking melatonin to go to bed. Day 3 awaits.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-11-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: a
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM

Day 3 complete.

Everyday on this diet is a challenge. Actually, every hour of everyday.

Today I looked in the mirror and thought to myself. Hmm, Im not so sure Im going to have attained the flat stomach I want in 8 days. I can see my obliques starting to come in, but there is still a layer of fat covering my upper abdominals and a pooch over my lower ones. Also still a slight pear shape on my hips.

Then later in the evening I noticed the fat deposits on my lower back were completely MIA. Im not exactly sure when they disappeared but it was quite the revelation. Talk about Lyles stubborn fat theories. It makes me wonder if some of the noticeable fat loss Ive achieved in my thighs, back, shoulders, etc has in fact stored in my stubborn fat depots around my abdomen. This made me feel much better about my progress. Its as if Ive finally reached the final frontier of fat loss.

Then as I was surfing the web I was blindsided by an article I read that said the average natural gym goer has about 140LBM. Im not RIDICULOUSLY weak anymore, but suffice to say Im typically one of the smaller guys in my current gym. This led me to wonder if my 140 LBM estimate was off by a lot.

Now I go to a relatively hardcore gym in a beach and its clear most of the guys are far above average gym goers. And steroid use is fairly prevalent based on the amount of weight being thrown around, acne, and balding. Then I read the 140 LBM was based off a 5'10 male and im 6'0 even. Whew. 140 LBM cant be too far off base.

Like I said a constant struggle of self doubt.

I blew off one of the girls im seeing tonight because Im attempting to distance myself from outside influences for the duration of these eleven days. I need inner piece, not drunken orgies or women who want pieces of my conflicted soul. She responded by telling me my diey was stupid, she likes bigger men, and if I actually get to 155 lbs shes done with me. Wow, just the motivation I was looking for on day 3. Screw her I doubt she ever leaves her man anyway he makes 3x what she does.

I promised myself I wouldn't do any cardio work today as my legs feel beat up and I went thru all 75 mg of ephedrine and 600mg caffeine by 1 pm today to stave off hunger pains. But as 5 pm rolled around my yohimbine was just staring at me. Like it was challenging my manhood. So I took it and walked a slow 3 miles. I intentionally left my phone at home so I couldn't listen to pandora which increases boredom and makes longer walks less likely. Sometimes knowing yourself is the key to dieting.

Tomorrow I will perform a short power workout to test my muscle perseverance. I pray Im 8 days away from achieving my goals, but if I have to recarb and do it again by god I will.

Macros: 30g fat, 45g carb, 278g protein, 1,575 kcal

Output: ~2,700 calories

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment. We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside this holy reality. This holy experience.

Unread 06-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Duplicate

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-14-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: a
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:15 PM

One who is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God -Aristotle

While I do consider myself both a wild beast and a God, Ive never been delighted by infinite solitude. As much as I like self reflection and time I just can't seem to find happiness alone or even with just one person. In other words, I messed up my diet yesterday.

Yesterday started off normal. Caffeine, ephedrine, work. I texted a girl I liked who knows im dieting. I said man im hungry I wanna f'ing eat. She texted me back I wanna f. And got filthy for the next hour. Naturally I had her come over immediately after I went to the gym and ate some carbs postworkout.

I dont know what it is about women but after I have one I want another. Like pringles. So I hit the bars looking for it. Primal. 12 beers on low carb. A few shots. Lots of calories and a heck of a hangover this morning.

Anyway it was a fun night but I wasn't on my game and honestly I just wanted to go home with her. So I did. Drunkenly I asked her if shes going to leave her man. Secretly I hope she doesn't. I wouldn't wanna mess up what we have. She saved me a cab fare both ways.

Macros: Not including alchohol 19g fat, 70g carb, 170g protein. I kinda built these based on UD 2.0 before/after the Thursday workout. But without the huge carb load since im technically doing RFL and want to keep my glycogen levels low.

1, 120 calories pre alcohol and I stuck to miller lite with the exception of fireball and soco and lime shots someone else bought. Since I lifted I probably still skated under maintenance.

Scale say 159.8 lbs and 17.6% bodyfat. Im guessing ive hit 12. Ive noticed without the yohombine im not that interested in women today so I must be approaching 10% rapidly.

Managed to do sets of 5x225 squat and deadlift today which are hoth personal bests. I think ill be able to hit 300 lbs in both exercises within 2-3 weeks of ending rapid fat loss which is cool.

Stay sane. Hitting the bars tonite to look for a girl with my favorite quality. The ability to say yes.

Time to get selfish. Dieting beyond 10% is about pain and sacrifice. Commitment at the expense of others.

There is no you there is only me.

Unread 06-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Had a family event Saturday so used it to recarb but still ate fairly well. Low fat, high carb, probably a little low on protein goals though.

Woke up at 158 lb pounds and looking really lean. Think im still going to shoot for 155 lbs though.

Unread 06-16-2013, 04:10 PM

lol
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:17 PM

Decided to drink this week so im keeping my fat extremely low, carbs low, and protein high (but more like 180g instead of 280g)

Hoping to recommit and finish next week.

Unread 06-18-2013, 04:06 PM

decided...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt94 View Post
lol