BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-28-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead View Post
What I wrote is correct. Mixing whey with milk will digest slower than mixed with water but its highly irrelevant. Judging by this post and the other thread, you seem to focused on irrelevant details that don't matter much.

Feel free to use Medline though to look up studies for either of your question or just trust what Lyle wrote in the main site articles I linked.
If you know how to read correctly (which I also doubt judging by this topic and the other thread), I've already said that is not a 'big-picture' question.

What you wrote is making a conclusion from independent claims. Where says that mixing whey protein supplementation with milk slows the digestion compared to water?.

You seem to make an assumption that mixing different protein sources will make all the protein taken digest to the slower digestion speed of the sources involved.

I accept real papers or qualified opinions (such as Lyle... that's why I'm in this forum)... but I don't put words in others lips when they didn't say them.
And saying 'search in medline' would be an answer to 99.9% questions... that's why asking to qualified people who already know the field could save you quite a lot of time.

Last edited by waxer : 12-28-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxer View Post
If you know how to read correctly (which I also doubt judging by this topic and the other thread), I've already said that is not a 'big-picture' question.

What you wrote is making a conclusion from independent claims. Where says that mixing whey protein supplementation with milk slows the digestion compared to water?.

You seem to make an assumption that mixing different protein sources will make all the protein taken digest to the slower digestion speed of the sources involved.

I accept real papers or qualified opinions (such as Lyle... that's why I'm in this forum)... but I don't put words in others lips when they didn't say them.
And saying 'search in medline' would be an answer to 99.9% questions... that's why asking to qualified people who already know the field could save you quite a lot of time.
Notice how these are not called the bodyrecomposition pointless theoretical q&a forums...

rhwbullhead posted you a series on digestion speed earlier. Go read that. You can probably infer the answer from that.
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM

I've been reading this sites articles since 2008, and of course I've already read almost all the articles, including that series. Thanks to this site I've discovered a new passion, not because it talks about gym stuff, but because of the scientific approach it takes.

If someone thinks that taking separate claims and mixing them in a sentence is correct, he/she is probably wrong.

In fact, by that kinds of assumptions people do the wrong thing, i.e: take a well designed routine and mix it with lovely claims of HIIT and they think the new training program advantages are the sum of the advantages of each part, which is plain wrong.

Anyway... I'd take this thread as an answered one.
Unread 12-28-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Flame-war of taking whey supplement: Milk vs Water.
The bro-science says that taking it with milk will slowdown whey absorption.

There's some evidence to support this claim?.

My guess is that it doesn't even matter dying in that detail level. But I'm just curious.
Why do you care?

Is it really bro-science? Do you accept that fat slows down absorption? Do you think that adding a slow digesting protein would not interfere with your faster digesting protein? Does it even matter?

It's rare that someone is curious about minutia, but separates that from the important things.
Unread 12-29-2013, 02:57 AM

Hi guys. I know it doesn't matter. Bro science and all. Lulz.

But really...which is it?

Oh....please include legit cites in your response.

Even though it doesnt matter.

K, thnx
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefiver View Post
Hi guys. I know it doesn't matter. Bro science and all. Lulz.

But really...which is it?

Oh....please include legit cites in your response.

Even though it doesnt matter.

K, thnx
Yeah, but more funny is seeing the rationale of some people.
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:27 PM

Oh for goodness shake... Why can't you just read the series of articles that rhwbullhead posted?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12368423

This study was referred to in the series linked to earlier. The findings might be relevant to the (silly?) question at the heart of this thread. Added non-protein sources appeared possibly to attenuate the differences in digestion rate between casein and whey. I guess you can infer from this that mixing whey isolate with carbs and fat, as are found in milk, might slow the digestion speed.

A lifetime of sighs...

Last edited by BigPecsPeter : 12-29-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Unread 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Oh for goodness shake... Why can't you just read the series of articles that rhwbullhead posted?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12368423

This study was referred to in the series linked to earlier. The findings might be relevant to the (silly?) question at the heart of this thread. Added non-protein sources appeared possibly to attenuate the differences in digestion rate between casein and whey. I guess you can infer from this that mixing whey isolate with carbs and fat, as are found in milk, might slow the digestion speed.

A lifetime of sighs...
Lol. I gave up a long time ago. That's not good enough for him.

For free, he wants you to write him an academic paper like you would for a college class with plenty of citations explaining every minute detail of the physiology of digestion and then using that study and others you can find to support what we've been saying in this thread.

On top of that, he'd like you to analyze each study in depth as well. Don't just read the abstract, read the whole study and then post a research review like Lyle has done on some main site articles, and also use citations there.

Well, the other option is that he trusts Lyle but isn't satisfied with reading that protein series that Lyle was so kind to put up there for free that contains the information the OP needs to make the obvious interpretation that we've made, but the OP instead wants a personal response even though it's all been explained there and here already...

I guess I'm bored again, as I'm guessing you might have been as well, to have bothered replying again to the OP.
Unread 12-29-2013, 02:01 PM

Most of my best technical discussions in my expertise field (Electrical engineering) are with contacts that doesn't ask for a dollar.

That doesn't mean that that's the way it should be (much more when is not a give-take in the case of Lyle), but mixing serious technical discussions with money is from someone who don't know anything about sharing knowledge.

All published books by Lyle are in my bookshelf even when most of them I could easily find it in pdf over the internet for free. I think that's the proper way to thank him for sharing knowledge.

But anyway... always is funnier to invent a story about someone you don't know. I hope you had some fun because your way of thinking seem kind of child-ish.
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but more funny is seeing the rationale of some people.
I feel like you posted knowing this was going to happen, and now you're going to pretend to be above it all. Like some form of reverse trolling (which like "reverse racism" is actually still racism).

Once again, Lyle shows his wisdom. Usually in the form of a concise answer or not replying at all, this time choosing the latter. We can start another thread and ponder why he would make such a decision.