BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-30-2013, 08:04 PM

Default Lyle Vs Layne

For anyone interested, always funny stuff

https://www.facebook.com/chrislavado..._t=share_reply
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:43 PM

There you go Lyle, get at him. Self reported bs and anecdotes. Sorry for the commentary
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:11 AM

But seriously though, isn't he partially right about metabolic damage when dieting down? I mean isn't that one of the reasons why refeeds are incorporated in a diet, to prevent this kind of thing? Again just trying to learn here.
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranay View Post
But seriously though, isn't he partially right about metabolic damage when dieting down?
Layne should be shot for spreading mainly garbage about metabolic 'damage'.

Cue a bunch of confused figure girls:

'OMG I gained 45lbs eating 800 calories and three hours of cardio a day! Is it MD?'
'OMG I just did an hour of cardio. Did I destroy my metabolism and exhaust my adrenals?'
'OMG Can I increase my metabolic capacity to 27 x BW if I increase my calories by 20 per week?'

Last edited by Gabrielle : 05-01-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:43 AM

Making up and then "fixing" problems people don't have is how a lot of people make money in this industry.
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranay View Post
But seriously though, isn't he partially right about metabolic damage when dieting down? I mean isn't that one of the reasons why refeeds are incorporated in a diet, to prevent this kind of thing? Again just trying to learn here.
That is not how he's using the phrase metabolic damage.

He is claiming and supporting the claims of people who, post-diet can gain significant fat on 1200 calories per day at 165 lbs weight or whatever.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM

Not to mention his way of fixing it is basically....stay dieting for longer. Because of the tiny increases he recommends.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miknal View Post
Not to mention his way of fixing it is basically....stay dieting for longer. Because of the tiny increases he recommends.
Leigh Peele made the same mistake in her Metabolic Repair Manual. take women who had been dieting badly for months and then keep them in a deficit for 6 more weeks to avoid the evil water weight spikes.
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:47 PM

In my experience, whatever adaptive component is left at the end of a diet mostly goes away after I stay at my new weight adjusted maintenance calories (or a little less to adjust for a slight adaptive component). Reverse dieting IMO is just really dieting and a slow way to get back to maintenance. Anything that is seen as a large adaptive component is probably just screwed up hormone levels after a diet and binge, but I think this goes away after a maintenance stage. If anything, reverse dieting may last two weeks while maintenance quickly increases to overcome any transient adaptive component after a diet.
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:51 PM

And there's a reason that people lose weight during the "reverse dieting" phase, because it's a deficit haha, and the last thing pose-dieted down individuals need after a diet is more deficit. Take two weeks at slightly lowered adjusted maintenance calories just to be safe IMO, but the transition should be nothing like the protracted reverse dieting stage