BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Default Final results to come.. few days

Ended the last 4 week cycle of ud2 about a week ago. Cruising into the second week of my diet break. Noticed I was extremely dry and lean. All that water wieght shedded off after about 2.5 ounces of wine and 2600 cal/day for maintenance.
Wish I took pics this morning, probably the most lean I've seen myself. Full abs, intercostals, veins spidering all over lats and abs. Pretty cool! Taken me about 5.5 months to get here. Probably going to hold the line here for about 6 weeks before bulking just to recover a bit.
I'm going to get another dexa tomorrow and a pro caliper reading again. I'll post pics of before and after workout and hopefully the vascularity is full blown again, cause it's pretty sick looking.
My goal as I stated was to be a solid 8% by the beginning of July. I'm done dieting though regardless of what the reading is tomorrow. I could sense towards the end of this last cycle that my body has about had it and would start wasting muscle pretty readily from their on out... don't ask me how I know this, just intuition I guess.
Anyways excited to report back with results over the next few days.. been a long time coming.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 06-27-2017, 03:48 PM

Talking Reached Goal!!!

Well I did it.. from 25% (maybe more) down to 8.3% bodyfat! I'll post progress pics within the next day or two. I'll also post graphs/charts. For now though I thought I would highlight this past 4 week cycle: 10.1% to 8.3% as shown by DEXA scans.

Dexa scans were taken in the middle of the 2nd week of diet break, normal hydration levels, normal food mass, post-dump, normal glycogen capacity
- Weight from 200 to 196.5
- Completely held 180 lbs of total lean mass even gained a like 30 grams, but for all practical purposes I'm saying I lost zero muscle mass.
- Lost 3.5 lbs
- 1.87 lbs of fat
- 1.63 lbs of water

Ill link both scans, and i'll also throw in my fitness centers "MicroFit" caliper readings for comparison. I'll include my own caliper readings in the chart to follow this week sometime.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 06-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Post DEXA Scan and MicroFit caliper read outs

link to Imgur:

https://imgur.com/gallery/mgbNs

Socrates
Unread 06-28-2017, 07:08 AM

impressive! hella lean at a pretty heavy weight
Unread 06-28-2017, 08:03 AM

nice work man, very impressive
Unread 06-29-2017, 12:26 AM

Default Pics: 8.3% not pumped

Thanks guys! Long road! Finally got there!

Anyways
https://imgur.com/gallery/mgzeo
https://imgur.com/gallery/s12iV

Socrates
Unread 06-30-2017, 08:55 PM

Seems you got handed the genetic gold. I think I got my genetics from a pile that where swept under a rug someplace.

Regardless, really amazing result. Great work.
Unread 07-12-2017, 11:10 PM

Default UD2.0 mass variation long term log to come

Been through about 4 weeks of maintainance cals and training. My wieght has increased about 4 pounds for obvious reasons but has been holding fast. Just recently up'd cals slightly since I'm currently moving across country and have had to rely on more volume training via wieghted calisthenics due to lack of facilities/equipment. So far so good.
Once I get settled into my new place in about 4 more weeks I'll start ud2 mass gain variation. I was originally going to do this and had reconsidered since ud2 is very structured and difficult but I really thrived on it, then it was brought up that return on investment is low and then I reconsidered. Well now I'm reconsidering yet again on going through with the mass variation. Reason being is that it seems like I'm bumping up near my genetic potential. At 8% my FFMI is over 24 and I have 180lbs of lean mass at 6'0". I'm also pretty pleased with where I am and think that slow but calculated gains with minimal fat gain is wisest in my position. The largest reason though that I'm reconsidering is simply the concept of "metabolic flexibility" or the ability to switch between low/high carb and cycling nutrients a bit.. I'm also a little beholden to the promise and my experience of intermittent fasting and depletion days are a great time to use this. Ud2 I believe has significant health benefits in this regard and I'm willing to put in the extra work to spend time in different metabolic environments.
Also looking at the mass variation, it seems with alterations to the rep ranges and number of sets for depletion work, it is a bit less of a toll on the body and not as grueling psychologically. Seeing as how there are almost no long term ud2 mass variation logs, i will be chronicalling this week to week once I start. I might create a separate log and label it as somthing like "long term ud2.0 mass variation" so lurkers around the net can find it. I'll do monthly or 6 week dexa scans with caliper and scale measurements to show progress and hopefully it can show the efficacy of the mass gain variation or lack thereof.
Probably will reach out on the ud2 forum for some guidance from Lyle and others to maybe see how/if any changes are needed with cycling movements in a sense of specialization routine or other things one should take into account when doing ud2 mass variation for 3 months or more. Looking forward to this.
If anyone reads this and has any input one way or the other let me know.
Also if your interested in seeing a detailed ud2 mass variation log complete with regular dexa, calipers, cals, wieght, anthropic measurements let me know.

Socrates
Unread 07-13-2017, 05:30 AM

I'd be very interested to see this log as I've been contemplating giving Ud2 mass a go for a 16-24 week cycle once I finish my cut. Would be great to see if it's worth the phenomenal amount of effort.
Unread 07-23-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPbrah View Post
Been through about 4 weeks of maintainance cals and training. My wieght has increased about 4 pounds for obvious reasons but has been holding fast. Just recently up'd cals slightly since I'm currently moving across country and have had to rely on more volume training via wieghted calisthenics due to lack of facilities/equipment. So far so good.
Once I get settled into my new place in about 4 more weeks I'll start ud2 mass gain variation. I was originally going to do this and had reconsidered since ud2 is very structured and difficult but I really thrived on it, then it was brought up that return on investment is low and then I reconsidered. Well now I'm reconsidering yet again on going through with the mass variation. Reason being is that it seems like I'm bumping up near my genetic potential. At 8% my FFMI is over 24 and I have 180lbs of lean mass at 6'0". I'm also pretty pleased with where I am and think that slow but calculated gains with minimal fat gain is wisest in my position. The largest reason though that I'm reconsidering is simply the concept of "metabolic flexibility" or the ability to switch between low/high carb and cycling nutrients a bit.. I'm also a little beholden to the promise and my experience of intermittent fasting and depletion days are a great time to use this. Ud2 I believe has significant health benefits in this regard and I'm willing to put in the extra work to spend time in different metabolic environments.
Also looking at the mass variation, it seems with alterations to the rep ranges and number of sets for depletion work, it is a bit less of a toll on the body and not as grueling psychologically. Seeing as how there are almost no long term ud2 mass variation logs, i will be chronicalling this week to week once I start. I might create a separate log and label it as somthing like "long term ud2.0 mass variation" so lurkers around the net can find it. I'll do monthly or 6 week dexa scans with caliper and scale measurements to show progress and hopefully it can show the efficacy of the mass gain variation or lack thereof.
Probably will reach out on the ud2 forum for some guidance from Lyle and others to maybe see how/if any changes are needed with cycling movements in a sense of specialization routine or other things one should take into account when doing ud2 mass variation for 3 months or more. Looking forward to this.
If anyone reads this and has any input one way or the other let me know.
Also if your interested in seeing a detailed ud2 mass variation log complete with regular dexa, calipers, cals, wieght, anthropic measurements let me know.
I'd definitely be very interested in seeing a mass gain variation log. I've been using the standard UD2 for 5 weeks and have been considering switching to the mass gain variant as well, once I drop a bit more fat.