BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Thanks Hectic, no probs :-)

It might well be my calorie intake that's causing problems.

I'm often in the 'under 2000 calories a day' camp and when I'm really in the zone i'm still trying to progress with my lifting numbers AND adding in LISS cardio. This has been a recipe for disaster so far.

Once I get back on the wagon again I'm going to:

1) Do super low volume weights. RPT reverse pyramid training I think.

2) NEVER try to progress with my lifting numbers. e.g. Keep my numbers on the bar the same even if I feel strong. I think that's been a mistake of mine to be keep pushing. I'm only on the diet short term, there's plenty of time later to increase weight.

3) Probably abandon all additional cardio as I can't do this without hampering my recovery..

I think you're probably right about my maintenance is too low. My maintenance range was between 2800-3200 roughly but I just used the lower amount to be safe even though I probably think my metabolism is quite fast actually, I generally make the habit of always picking the harder option (e.g. if I eyeball food calories I always over-count to be SURE i'm not under-counting. For example that potato is probably 120 cal but i'll input it as 200 cal to be safe....) or my maintenance calories are prob 3200 but i'll count it as 2800 to be safe......

P.S. what did you mean when you said you're dropping from 14 to 10? Didn't understand that.

Thanks about my face lol. I think I've (hopefully) avoided an illness. I've still lingering symptoms but i'm very close to be completely OK. Fingers crossed :-)
Unread 08-04-2017, 06:31 PM

i meant going from 14% bf to 10% bf losing about 3.5 -4 kg

yeah man your goal should be to lose weight with the highest calories possible and the smallest amount of effort. That way it doesn't even feel like a diet and when you stall you can make a small changes to keep progressing.

if your losing 1 pound a week at 2800 cals with no cardio and 3 x workout per week then why change it

don't underestimate things or you wont be able to make adjustment. 1 week of no progress is no problem, just adjust. 1 week of super low cals and not enough recovery will mess you up for weeks.

your maintenance is a moving target could be anywhere between 2500 and 4000 depending on how much you're eating and what exercise you are doing. the more consistent you are the better chance you have of keeping that target in the same spot so you know what to do

i think as a 6 foot dude who lifts, your problem isn't going to be fat loss before ~10%, its going to be overdoing it

Last edited by Hectic : 08-04-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Unread 08-06-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
yeah man your goal should be to lose weight with the highest calories possible and the smallest amount of effort.

1 week of super low cals and not enough recovery will mess you up for weeks.

i think as a 6 foot dude who lifts, your problem isn't going to be fat loss before ~10%, its going to be overdoing it
Useful advice here thanks. I probably do get too severe. That's 3 times in the last 6 months I've wrecked myself pushing too hard on too few calories and it has set me back weeks (month plus the first time).

I may do a quick RFL at some point soon to restrengthen my eating habits again and make up a bit of lost time but after that I think I'll set higher daily calorie goals (1700-2000 cal is just too few). My deficit going forward might be closer to 2200 cal per day. I'll keep a closer note of my stats for comparison and to have more data points.

My good news is, I AM NOT SICK, and I don't think I will be. My body still feels super achy and sore so although I will start dieting again today, I won't start pushing at the gym for a few more days (I may do a light workout tho. Eg. 50% my normal numbers and abs or something but nothing strenuous).

18 days left til my holiday. I don't think I'll reach my goal of 10% but I had good weight loss in the 2 months I've been really trying, I feel and look lean (not ripped but definitely average Joe lean). I've still time to do a quick RFL which I may do for a week or two.

I'm definitely going to listen to my body much, much more from now on. Wish me luck lol.