BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Day 1 of 90 Yoga is complete. Going to try to go virtually everyday and see if I can get my body prepped to go back to compound lift training in the fall

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 06-13-2017, 12:30 PM

How did the finance exam go? CFA by any chance? I was heading down that route before I started to work government...now working on M.S. in Finc. Mgmt.

Was wondering if you were gonna do another ERFL stint for 4 days. I found the results interesting that you were able to keep losing fat even after the 4 days.
Unread 06-17-2017, 08:39 AM

I'd rather not discuss that publicly since I've got some posts on here that might not be viewed as appropriate, I'll private message you.

Well I think after reading more about it I decided ERFL was probably a bad idea since I'm right around 16% bodyfat or so now. I'm already down to 6'0, 156 lbs so I imagine I'd shed way too much LBM.

I get about 5-8 miles walking at work probably burning ~150-200 cal/hr for 20-30 hr/week and I throw in 30-60 min mixed between the recumbent bike and stairmaster as well.

I'm also now also doing 5 yoga sessions (75 min apiece) per week which should
burn ~250 calories each along with my MWF weightlifting routine.

Frankly, I'm still losing more than 1 lb per week and my strength levels have been increasing the entire diet until I seem to have possibly plateaued this week.

I've lost 26 lbs total since getting out of treatment and 16 lbs in 11 weeks on this latest run. I committed to 20 lbs in 20 weeks so I could keep the diet mostly flexible and try to make some strength gains in the beginning by eating close to maintenance for a few weeks. Originally I thought I'd be 150 lbs, 135 LBM, for 10% bodyfat but it appears my initial estimates might have been too optimistic. Now I'm shooting for 148 lbs, 130 LBM, 12.2% bodyfat.

I'm incredibly tempted to blow this diet off and start bulking, but that has been the mistake I've made too many times to count in the past. I need to reach a low bodyfat so I can undergo a long, slow bulk over the fall/winter and also it will be nice to introduce some sub 15% bodyfat levels so I can start working on developing setpoints and get accustomed to the rigidity of the diet prior to next year's cut when I hopefully have a lot more muscle mass.

Also I sorta landed this total smokeshow I've known for a few years who has been impressed with my transfornation going from partier back to focused and mature. Only problem is she lives in LA so im really trying to get my career, credit, etc restored so I can pursue that. I have plans to apply for MBA school but I need to strengthen my application first. I'm going to knock out ~30 hours of accounting this year to round out my Econ degree and professional designations while I focus on some community involvement and service hours as well.

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Unread 06-18-2017, 09:56 AM

Weighed in at 154.8 this morning, pretty stoked. I'm 16,800 net calories away from reaching 150.

I don't seem to have any trouble creating roughly a 1,000 calorie deficit/day due to high activity level at work, yoga, mild cardio, and weightlifting.

I don't really count calories I just count my protein and keep my carbs/fats in check. I've been using Lyle's protocols for so long and I know the exact macros of my daily protein shake and fish oil.

And I know that if I stick to foods with the right macro profiles in reasonable quantities I'll continue to shed fat and retain LBM at roughly a ~1.5 lb fat/week rate. This keeps me from feeling too restricted and is critical for my long term adherence.

17 days is the 4th of July so that coincides nicely. Aiming for ~150 by that date and then I will reassess based on where I am visually. In all likelihood I'll need to lose another 2-5 pounds so that will probably take me thru the end of July.

August I'll start eating at a +10%/-10% daily diet and really try to lock in a setpoint. Then September begins a long slow bulk where i will absolutely be diligent about only gaining ONE pound per week.

Unread 06-19-2017, 04:20 PM

Hmm yesterday I walked 5 mi, biked 10 mi, and did 90 min yoga and today my strength levels were down despite a 2 day rest from weights. I guess I need to reduce the cardio. I'm close to 15% bodyfat if not already there so going to try upping my protein from here on out. Also I will be dropping down to 2 working sets and possibly 2.5 workouts per week instead of 3.

First time my strength has dropped in months so that was a wakeup call.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-19-2017 at 04:21 PM. Reason: A
Unread 06-20-2017, 01:13 PM

Crap, I was really set on taking the next 6 weeks to reach 10-12% bodyfat on a fairly non-restrictive, moderate deficit diet.

But now I just found out I've got the 4th and 5th of July off so I'm headed to the beach obviously.

That gives me exactly 2 weeks to go from ~15-16% bodyfat to the 12-13% I need to really showcase my fat loss.

At 6'0, 155 I certainly can't afford to spare any LBM so my diet is going to have to be on point. It's going to be intensity in ten cities. Chicken, chicken, and more chicken. It's like Biggie Smalls said "Mo' chicken, Mo' Fat Loss"

Got 5 miles walking in this morning on yohimbine and I'm about to go to yoga in a few hours.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-20-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: A
Unread 07-08-2017, 12:42 PM

8 week cut results from May 15, 2017 to July 8, 2017

170 pounds down to 150 pounds.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 07-08-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Pic
Unread 07-21-2017, 12:50 AM

Man results come really freaking slow when you get older. I'm getting annoyed. Need to try harder or something

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:26 PM

Making some progress! Been really nailing the diet. I've made pushups and pullups really the core of my routine.

Admittedly, this pic is flexed and immediately following a workout so I look a little inflated. But glad to see eating has left me not looking so flat and depleted.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 08-07-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: A
Unread 08-30-2017, 10:33 PM

Default Time To Get Yuge

OK so I'm finally doing starting Strength. My goal is not to miss a single workout in the first 90 days. I'm really going to focus on making massive strength increases. I did all four of the main exercises today just to get a starting point logged for every thing. The book says stop increasing the weight on Day 1 once the bar demonstrates any slowing down of movement, so these weights are not true 5 rep maxes. They program is designed to ease into it whIle you build muscle memory with good technique.

I have a history of knee, hamstring, shoulder, and chest issues so I'm really going to concentrate on technique & recovery.

I'm not doing the 1,000-2,000 calories per day over maintenance as I have promised myself after that last massive and lengthy diet to not let myself get fat again. I'm going to pig out buffet style on most workout days and eat near maintenance on non-workout days.

I'm not sure exactly how long I will run this initial gaining phase but probably until when the gains stall out. I WILL BE 10% bodyfat on Memorial day 5/28/18. And I will have significantly more LBM than I did this year. Period.

Date: 8/30/17
Weight: 150

Squat: 85x5x5x5

Bench: 85x5x5x5

Deadlifit:135x5

Press: 85x5x5x5

Pullups: 5x5x5 (15)

Squat is slightly below parallel.
Bench is wide grip.to protect my shoulders.
Deadlifit is normal
Press is normal
Pullups are deadhang. I will be alternating with chinups.