Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-20-2017, 10:54 AM

--==New Scale==--
Average Week 2: 78.43kg/172.91lbs [Maintenance Week 5]
Average Week 3: 79.31kg/174.85lbs [Maintenance Week 6]
Average Week 4: 79.23kg/174.67lbs [Maintenance Week 7]
Average Week 5: 79.95kg/176.26lbs [Maintenance Week 8 + Mild Deficit]
Average Week 6: 79.72kg/175.75lbs [Mild Deficit]

I just realized my post from last week weight didn't post. Hmm. It was a decent week for the mild deficit, despite the weight not reflecting much change. I had a few sodium pops, but I've been pretty consistent with my calories.

I'm going on a trip next week, so my week won't be the best - nor will I be weighing in everyday.

Mental: A - No issues. Being on a deficit seems to push me into a productive mental state.

Limber 11: A+ - Did it everyday. Sort of getting boring now, but I just keep doing it.
Focused Flexibility: A+ - I'm doing it everyday. Waiting to see how it goes over the long run.
Gym: A+ - Pretty much routine as usual.

L-Seat: B+ - I'm getting pretty good with this now. I can hold my feet out, twist around and push myself up almost into a headstand.
Pistol Squat: C - Long way to go.
Yoga Pike Press: C - Doing my daily headstand routine to get part of this work. Still red in the face, but I still see improvements.

Caffeine: Minimal.
Muay Thai: N/A, No plans as of yet to join a gym.

Plan for the week

I'll stick with my mild deficit until I head out on my trip. From there, it's restaurants and my responsible choices.
Unread 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM

Back from my trip. I did a lot of walking during this time. It was my goal to at least be active with the fact that I have to eat out at restaurants the entire time.

I had a little pop in my weight before heading out on the trip and obviously another pop in weight from the trip itself. I decided that I need to get a handle on this now and put my managing of food/small deficit goals on hold. Right now I need to get back to a better place and try these long term things later.

The plan was to enter back (today) into my 1800 calories/day plan that I was working in my previous journal, but I woke up with my throat being very raw. I don't think I'm sick or anything - I just think it's the fact that it was hot and I had the fan blowing on me all night. I'll let this sore throat work itself away before I start.

But yeah, that's the plan as of now for the next little while. Just me containing this 'problem' before I get too far off path.

I didn't travel with a foam roller, so I didn't do any Limber 11. Nor did I do any focused flexibility. It truly was time off.
Unread 06-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Average Week 7: Vacation
Average Week 8: 81.52kg/179.72lbs

So I haven't started a deficit yet. My sinuses have been acting up and just making life miserable. Not sure if I just got sick or just flying. Either way this week has sort of blown and I still feel sort of sick... much better, but not 100% done.

I haven't started into a deficit yet, but will once I feel up to it.

As for my little goals that I breakout, you can safely assume I haven't been doing any of them. Just haven't been up to working on flexibility, mobility or exercise.

Anyway, that's all I have to report. I'm going to give some mobility/flexibility work today just because I miss doing it. And hopefully I can start into my deficit shortly.
Unread 06-06-2017, 01:38 PM

So I started into my 1800 calorie deficit today and that was short lived. My sinus issues have been improving, but since I was flying I know it's going to drag on for a while... so I thought I should just get into it. Well, I started to feel that hunger nauseous feeling and it seemed to amplify my sinus pain and I just felt like crap. I'm thinking I should wait on the big deficit until my sinus issues are gone... which look to be dragging on for a while.

In the mean time, I think I'll do the tiny deficit thing for now. When the sinus stuff is gone, I'll probably have the mental fortitude to deal with the nauseous hunger feeling that comes with a real deficit.
Unread 06-10-2017, 12:37 PM

Average Week 9: 80.99kg/178.55lbs

This was actually quite an eye opening week with regards to eating. Even though I said I was going to do a mild deficit, I didn't actually track my food. I tried something a little different. The plan was simple, eat my regular style main meals and cut back on snacking as much as possible. My main meals insure I get the amount of protein I need (Breakfast: eggs - Lunch: tuna, cottage cheese - Dinner: chicken), I add in a little more for calories and I have something pretty close to a mild deficit.

Since this trial has worked decently, I'm going to stick with it and see how it goes.

Due to my sinuses I'm getting back into the swing of things now. I basically had a full week of my stretches, headstands, etc. My sinuses have greatly improved over the week, though they're still sort of screwed up. I just got back to the gym on Friday.

Plan for the week: Continue on with this style of diet and get myself back into the swing of things at the gym.
Unread 06-17-2017, 01:06 PM

Average Week 10: 80.63kg/177.76lbs

So I actually had a few days out of town, which was sort of a surprise for me. I did my best during that time and it seemed to workout. I'm getting better at making choices that work with food. Getting content with less damaging foods instead of the choices I would normally make. It's very easy to get like a medium blizzard at Dairy Queen (+1000 calories), but a cone is a better option. Even eating out, I tend to prefer Asian food. Instead of greasy spring rolls and rice/meat - spicy pho.

Anyway, I can see that my choices are evolving and I guess you can add that to my goal of having a better relationship with food.

I am feeling better now (finally). I think I'm going to stick with this relaxed diet style for a little bit (just the main meals, limited snacks) and see how it goes. I'm starting to think that maybe doing an every other day style of eating would probably work well. Lower calorie days part of the week is a little easier to handle, especially knowing that a higher supply of calories will come within a day or two.

As for my stretching and other work. That's okay. The travel sort of screwed that up a bit. The good thing is that I'm back home and can finally get back into a routine without any interruptions.

I have two birthday BBQs to attend today, so I'll hopefully make some wise food choices.

Off to another week!
Unread 06-18-2017, 01:30 PM

A little too much food at my dual BBQs yesterday, plus I also had a lunch today where I had a decent amount. Now I should be back to somewhat normal.
Unread 06-24-2017, 09:35 AM

Average Week 11: 80.30kg/177.03lbs

This was a very good week. My little plan at 'intuitive' deficit is actually working quite well. The average doesn't give it justice as I had my BBQs early in the week, but I'm below 80kg for the first time since vacation! I'm heading back in the right direction now.

I also picked up a new gym membership and canceled my old. This was done purely for logistics and ease. So I'm doing the same work, but now the drive is easier and the layout of the gym saves me a lot more time (old gym was a rather large facility with pools and such. Time from arrival to getting out of the change room to the weight room is like 15minutes).

My back feels a little wonky - ever since my little road trip which yielded 7hrs of driving each way. Normally long drives are horrible on my back, but we rented a car with lumbar supported seats. Awesome. I did those 7hrs like a champ (though all that seating doesn't agree with my back). My next car is going to have lumbar supported seats. I'm starting to think that maybe half my lower back issues is purely from the seats in my car.

Mentally: I'm doing well. Feeling good. Feeling productive. Feeling leaner. Laser focused.

Flexibility/Mobility: It's going well and I'm doing Limber11/Focused Flexibility everyday. Still focused on posture and shoulder flexibility.

Gym: Getting back into the routine and have made all sessions this week. I was doing an Lower/Upper workout scheme, but I've moved back to full body. It wasn't a planned change, but my body just felt like it's what it needed at this time.

Movements/Yoga: I've been working on my headstand strengthening exercises every day. I haven't been practicing the L-Seats, Pikes or Pistol Squats. I should probably get back on that and actually... progress.

Caffeine: I've allowed caffeine back into my diet. Not through an EC stack, but from a typical morning coffee. It does provide a kick, so that's good.

Plan for the week: I'm just going to continue doing what I'm doing. I'll continue with my 'intuitive' deficit. I might have to do a refeed next weekend though. I've been wanting to incorporate yoga back into my life now. I signed up at an online site (pay) and I haven't really used it. Not sure if I'm just being stubborn getting back into it, or the fact that I literally already do 45-60 minutes of mobility/flexibility work every day.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Unread 07-01-2017, 02:06 PM

Average Week 11: 80.30kg/177.03lbs
Average Week 12: 79.58kg/175.44lbs

So this week was okay. My weight spent more time bouncing around than going in a down direction. Not sure if that is just my need for a refeed or that my glycogen reserves were depleted the previous week and now I'm in the slow grind down. Time will tell.

Went for a hike on Friday.

Mentally: I'm fine. It's starting to get hot and my place sucks. It's like they used newspapers in the wall for insulation because it just boils in my apartment. It's definitely having it's toll on my sleep.

Mobility/Flexibility: Still doing my Limber 11.

Did another body assessment for Focused Flexibility and modified from posture + shoulders to posture + long sitting (stretches to improve long sitting). I wasn't seeing much (if any) improvements in my shoulders. I have previous shoulder injuries that I had in high school and I'm feeling like that could be the cause.

During my assessment I noticed that my squat pose was improving. My biggest issue seems to be my back rounding when I do stretches. It's straightening in the squat. Awesome! I can't physically get rid the rounding out of long sitting, so now that's the focus. The combinations of both posture and long sitting are much tougher than what I'm used to, so the body is feeling pretty beat up.

Gym: It's going well. I didn't go Friday, due to my hike, but I went Saturday morning to make up for it.

Movements/Yoga: I'm still doing my headstand exercises, but I still haven't done any attempts at doing pike presses, L sits and pistol squats.

Caffeine: Morning coffees ~200mg.

Plan for the week: Well I'm going to finish off my refeed. Not going overboard. I did have waffles for breakfast, which was a nice treat and some cookies. Gonna pick up a roast chicken for dinner this evening, which should be good. Rest of the week I'll return to my 'intuitive' eating diet and continue on with what I'm doing. I did take a day to get a rough calculation of where I was at, I'm at 2200~2300 calories.

Happy 150th Canada.
Unread 07-02-2017, 06:04 PM

I've been working pull ups into my workout regime. I haven't been able to do it before just because I weighed too much to get one done. Now I'm of a more reasonable weight, so I want to give it a try. I've been noticing that my elbow is getting sore. Just on the inner side, where some of the soft tissue is.

I think I'll have to side line these. It could be related to my old shoulder injury causing me to compensate in a certain way. My shoulders aren't sore, but the elbow issue is annoying.

I've heard pull ups are excellent for lat development, but I think I'll have to stick with pull downs - as I'm perfectly comfortable with it. Life I suppose.

----

Also, this week and coming weekend is going to be really hot. I'm not sure I can keep myself away from cooling ice cream.