BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-27-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
I asked you in the other thread but please tell me your lifts. This is useful information for me
Hey I got back to you in the other thread. Were you looking for my lift numbers or the exercises?

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 05-27-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPbrah View Post
Hey I got back to you in the other thread. Were you looking for my lift numbers or the exercises?
Lift numbers. I'm trying to gauge how far behind you I am in muscle building. Approximately, anyway
Unread 05-28-2017, 12:52 AM

Default Lift numbers on a good day

Quote:
Lift numbers. I'm trying to gauge how far behind you I am in muscle building. Approximately, anyway
My bad man! I live under a rock, bodybuilding worldwise. First time anyone's asked me questions about what I'm doing for lifts, etc. So I tend to answer like a castaway that was just rescued.
Anyways, here are some off the top of my head. These are from power workouts following a carb/creating load during ud2. These are PRs for ud2 the last few months and if I hit all these on the same day I'd leave the gym feeling very very good.

Bench 3x6 at 255lbs am I the only one who doesn't hit 300+? Sure seems like it when I look around.
Deadlift 3x6 at 435, I could probably hit higher numbers but I put this lift away
It's been awhile since I've done squats so I'm not sure.
Isolateral HammerStrength leg press 3x6 at 540
Wieghted pull-ups 3x6 206(bw)+45lbs
Shoulder press 3x5 for 165, use to be 185+ For 3-5

When I was 20% bf:
weighted Pull-ups for 8 reps at total weight of 275lbs
Deadlift was at 475 at one time for 3 reps
Weighted Ring dips for 6 reps at 275
Handstand push-ups 3 reps at 220

I hope these help. I seem to be WAY stronger at pulling movements than pushing. My back has always been my strongest and biggest though.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 05-28-2017, 02:16 AM

Thanks for that. Those are impressive lifts, no doubt. And definitely attainable naturally, with the right genetics and dedication.

Most people don't reach all that naturally, at least not those whom you typically see in commercial gyms.

If your bench is with full range of motion, that's a highly respectable lift. Again, you must be in some kind of monster gym if every Tom Dick and Harry is beating that. In most gyms it's only the best who can post those kinds of numbers.

Anyway, you've given me some food for thought. I now feel like I know to what extent I need to improve in order to reach your fat to LBM ratio at a weight of 90kg+.

Many thanks
Unread 05-28-2017, 08:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Thanks for that. Those are impressive lifts, no doubt. And definitely attainable naturally, with the right genetics and dedication.

Most people don't reach all that naturally, at least not those whom you typically see in commercial gyms.

If your bench is with full range of motion, that's a highly respectable lift. Again, you must be in some kind of monster gym if every Tom Dick and Harry is beating that. In most gyms it's only the best who can post those kinds of numbers.

Anyway, you've given me some food for thought. I now feel like I know to what extent I need to improve in order to reach your fat to LBM ratio at a weight of 90kg+.

Many thanks
Thanks and your welcome.. I've looked them up in exrx and they seem pretty solid, right there in between advanced and intermediate.
I've only worked out seriously in two different gyms. One was a gym that seemed to have a fair share of dudes that were likely juicing, the other one where I'm at now is packed full of special forces. So yeah until recently I was usually feeling pretty inadequate in the numbers dept, but took comfort in that I was using strict form and always progressing.
Connecting with other BB lately has made me feel pretty good about the last ten years of efforts.

Socrates
Unread 05-29-2017, 12:05 AM

How old are you now, btw?
Unread 05-29-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
How old are you now, btw?

Socrates
Unread 05-29-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPbrah View Post
Lmao, same age, same body type, same issue with pulling being considerably better than pushing. You're like my weird long lost brother, other than your considerably better lift numbers

Bah. I want shredded at 92kg! Damn you
Unread 05-29-2017, 05:48 PM

Similiar Age 35

little less progressed on the weightlifting but getting there

Like big pecs wanted to get to 90kg will be shredded

Jealous.
Unread 05-29-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Lmao, same age, same body type, same issue with pulling being considerably better than pushing. You're like my weird long lost brother, other than your considerably better lift numbers

Bah. I want shredded at 92kg! Damn you
And.. I kid you not... my name is Pete lol
..Serious

Socrates