Weight: 201.1 (+2.2 / -1.7)
Waist: 36.0" (-0.0 / -1.0)

Workout: Rest Day

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 890
carb: 32
fat: 34
prot: 80

a bit of a lost weekend for the holiday. try telling my body that 6 days of 1200+ calorie deficit cannot be undone in 2 days by two bottles of wine, some avocado dip and a plate of cheesy chips!! There must be some intense water retention happening right now.

It's not unexpected, of course, and I did it to myself but in the past a little fun on a weekend or two hasn't had quite so much of a negative effect on my overall progress. Which would all be fine except I have some more upcoming events in the next 2 weeks. When planning this round I had originally thought about breaking, but then decided I can get away with 3-4 days 'off' over the 2 weeks and keep going otherwise. But it is a bit demotivating that I seem to be regaining the same 4 lbs each time I have a social event and then feel like the rest of the time is dedicated to clawing it back... lol. Well, inconsistency is the name of the game for the next 2 weeks, so I will just keep doing the best I can!
Unread 07-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Default Day 16

Stats:
Weight: 201.1 (-0.0 / -1.7)
Waist: 36.5" (+0.5 / -0.5)

Workout: None

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 895
carb: 39
fat: 33
prot: 90

arrgh. well, i have made a goal to get to 195 by next Tuesday, as that is the day of the big party I am attending that will include food and many, many, mannnnny beverages. This weekend I am entertaining out of town guests 2 evenings, but I am going to attempt to 'grit my teeth' and power through. This will be the ultimate test of will - can I sit around stone cold sober while everyone else drinks, at my house no less (no transportation involved to to provide a tangible reason not to drink), with people I haven't seen in a year. I guess the real question is whether a diet goal is even worth such a thing, but that might be getting a bit philosophical for 10am. Dieting in the summer - seeming more and more futile by the day!!
Unread 07-06-2017, 10:03 AM

Default Day 17

Stats:
Weight: 196.9 (-4.2 / -5.9)
Waist: 36.0" (-0.5 / -1.0)

Workout: None (up late last night rearranging furniture and exercise equipment for 2 hours - does that count? lol)

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 725
fat: 25
prot: 100
carb: 20

Some EC stack and some electrolyte powder yesterday and bam finally released all the water. ALL the water.

Also cleaned up my macros. Didn't eat any flax oil salad dressing yesterday (ran out) and without eating a salad, lunch carbs were minimal. Also out of yoghurt so none with my protein powder for breakfast, and voila! 20g carbs! Hopefully I can keep this up for a stretch and make some more progress. Maybe a new goal for Tuesday? 192lbs? We will see. Might take tomorrow off work, so have a great weekend everyone!
Unread 07-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Stats:
Weight: 196.9 (-4.2 / -5.9)
Waist: 36.0" (-0.5 / -1.0)

Workout: None (up late last night rearranging furniture and exercise equipment for 2 hours - does that count? lol)

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals: 725
fat: 25
prot: 100
carb: 20

Some EC stack and some electrolyte powder yesterday and bam finally released all the water. ALL the water.

Also cleaned up my macros. Didn't eat any flax oil salad dressing yesterday (ran out) and without eating a salad, lunch carbs were minimal. Also out of yoghurt so none with my protein powder for breakfast, and voila! 20g carbs! Hopefully I can keep this up for a stretch and make some more progress. Maybe a new goal for Tuesday? 192lbs? We will see. Might take tomorrow off work, so have a great weekend everyone!

That's a lovely drop you had overnight! I hope I get a big whoosh from this refeed water weight in the coming days. 192 is do-able this coming week, stay good over the weekend!!
Unread 07-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Default Day 21

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a lovely and productive weekend

So the weekend went like this for me:

Friday 195.5 (-1.4 / -7.3) (and I did NOT succumb to a drunk-fest with my friends, however I did have a couple glasses of red wine. I consider this close enough to a success!)

Saturday 194.2 (-1.3/ -8.6) (Then went out for dinner and had a free meal Saturday night.....

Sunday 201.2 (+7.0 / -1.6) and SEVEN pounds from a beef dip and slushy drink?????? WHY are free meals screwing me over so hard this round

Then Today:
Stats:
Weight: 198.4 (-2.8 / -4.4)

Workout: None. Slept in. Feeling a little congested today. Hopefully not getting another cold! bluech

Still holding some of the crazy water gain from the free meal. catching up. again. but i can't be too upset because without the free meals I am 100% certain that I would not be able to keep plodding on with the diet. So it is what it is. but geez. seven lbs. frig.
Unread 07-11-2017, 11:06 AM

Yikes, that is some wild water retention. I took in 1,134g carbs and didn't even gain that much. Was the free meal exceptionally salty? I am also currently having issues with water retention now too... Can't drop off all the water weight from my last high carb refeed either :/ Frustrating!
Unread 07-24-2017, 12:15 PM

Default Day 22 (after almost 2 week break)

Helooo, back to finish my round! lol, yes, maybe i should call it round 4 by now since my "2 day" break stretched into almost 2 weeks, but i only have 2 more weeks left on this round, so that's not really long enough to do a whole other round.... so let's call this 3a haha

Stats:
Weight: 196.7 (-1.7 / -6.1)

Workout: Rest Day

Solidly in the 100's now, and it feels so good.

2 week goal - lose 6 lbs to hit 190. 189 would be even better. Seeing as I levelled out at 196 fully fed/carbed i think I should definitely hit it, at least in keto mode. whether it will stick, we shall see. I am going to aim for only one big free meal, maybe even refeed style depending on how the cravings go.

Then September 1st I have to add back WHEAT for my elimination diet. I see no possible way to do RFL and eat wheat daily, so there I will have to break for 2 months. So time to GO HARD FOR 2 WEEKS.
Unread 07-25-2017, 04:06 PM

Time to go hard for 2 weeks, I'm with ya! I can't wait to see the 100s back on the scale like you.

I'm gonna share in your 2 week goal: Drop 6 lbs! That'll put me under 210 (which I'd love to hit by 8/1, but lets not be greedy, lol).
Unread 07-26-2017, 10:42 AM

Default Day 24

Well, i blew yesterday pretty hard. costco. 3lbs of cherries. THEN logged cherries and realized i had like 50g of carbs in cherries alone. i was like "a few can't be THAT bad." HA. Start over today, and no more cherries!!! goal time goal time goal time. today will be great!
Unread 07-26-2017, 11:19 AM

I'll follow along. Just started Day 1. Had done RFL successfully before.