BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-14-2017, 02:48 PM

Haven't finished out the day yet, but this diet is turning into quite an existential battle. I'm beginning to question my motives behind wanting to get shredded in the first place. While the thought of stopping hasn't really crossed my mind (I said I would do it, so I'm doing it. I'm stubborn), it really starts to make you reevaluate the way you frame fitness in your own mind. At what point does it stop becoming about health or even aesthetics and start becoming a personal challenge to prove your own worth to yourself?
Unread 07-14-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Haven't finished out the day yet, but this diet is turning into quite an existential battle. I'm beginning to question my motives behind wanting to get shredded in the first place. While the thought of stopping hasn't really crossed my mind (I said I would do it, so I'm doing it. I'm stubborn), it really starts to make you reevaluate the way you frame fitness in your own mind. At what point does it stop becoming about health or even aesthetics and start becoming a personal challenge to prove your own worth to yourself?
Nothing wrong with that. That's one of my main reasons for current leaning. Keep it up IMO
Unread 07-15-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Nothing wrong with that. That's one of my main reasons for current leaning. Keep it up IMO
Thanks for the encouragement!
Unread 07-15-2017, 12:17 AM

Default Day 5 - Dying at the Club

Day 5
Weight: 169.6
Calories: 1400
Protein: 260g

Didn't get to hit my cardio session today due to time constraints. Probably a good thing to give my body a day of full recovery honestly. Went to the club tonight, and since I'm on RFL that means [b]no drinking[/B]. Damn it Lyle, when are you going to make a PSMF for alcoholics??? Anyway, RFL has been seriously messing with my energy levels recently. Around 1am, I just got seriously dizzy. Felt similar to the hypoglycemia I experienced when I was on bromocriptine. Pushed through, but has a few people ask if I was okay. Not fun stuff!
Unread 07-15-2017, 12:28 PM

Default Slight Programming Change

I'm changing the original schedule I had set out for these back to back runs for a couple reason:

1) I'd like to get in the full carb load and follow up with a UD2 power workout which won't be possible with my original schedule due to my gym's hours and work.
2) Carb loading generally causes horrible GI issues for me a lot of the time even if I try to stay away from fiber as much as possible. I don't want to have a screwed up stomach for my trip to Chicago.
3) It will give me more than 3 days of a break before starting my second run
4) I am actually ahead of schedule by about 3 lbs as far as weight loss is concerned.

So the new schedule:
Continue RFL through July 18, giving a total of 9 days for the first cycle.
Perform tension workout a la UD2 on the evening of July 18.
Carb load July 19. I will probably tweak the macros to ~225g of protein and 600-700g carbs instead of the 900-1200g of carbs I should be consuming Hopefully this will avoid any major bloating and the protein will help me not go crazy once I start eating the carbs.
Power workout July 20. Eat at maintenance (2300 cal) with >300g carbs and >200g protein.
Maintenance calories July 21-23.
Begin second cycle July 24. Terminate August 1 with same outline as the first load/power workout. This second cycle is heavily dependent on how lean I am. I may end it early if I feel I am losing too much LBM.
Extended maintenance during my trip to Holland. Hopefully I will be lean enough to transition to a lean gaining phase when I return August 20.
This will give a total of 18 days of RFL with nearly a week break in between the two 9 day cycles.
Unread 07-16-2017, 11:03 AM

Default Day 6 - Dying at the Club pt. 2

Day 6
Weight: 167.2
Calories: 1200
230g protein

Wasn't really all that hungry today. Could be because my sleep schedule has been absolutely screwed the past couple of days. Therefore, calories were in the low side. Managed to get in my cardio. Went out to the clubs sober again tonight. I actually think I could get used to this. It's kinda fun. No hypoglycemia tonight, luckily. Today was probably the best I felt since starting the diet. The next few days should be a breeze.
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:54 AM

Default Day 7

Day 7
Weight: 168
Calories: 1400
285g protein

Little bit of weight gain today, but I feel and look leaner. I believe this may be due to some water retention as my sleep schedule was extremely altered this weekend. I normally go to bed around midnight and wake up at 7-8am, but both nights I was up until 6am and woke up around noon. Back to a normal sleep schedule for the week though, so hopefully the water will drop off. Nothing out of the usual today. Low energy, a nice dull hunger, and lack of focus, but I'm used to it by now. Will hopefully get a progress picture up later on today since it's been exactly a week since I started, and I promised.
Unread 07-18-2017, 12:13 PM

Default Day 8

Day 8
Weight: 167.6
Calories (morning/afternoon): 800
175g protein

It's mid-day on day 8, and I will be performing my tension workout/refeed tonight and tomorrow. I have been experiencing some constipation for the past 2 days, so I assume my carb load may not result in the weight gain I normally see (carb loads make me poop A LOT). I took a progress photo last night, but I do not really see too much of a visual difference, so I feel it unnecessary to post. It may be more indicative of what I have achieved to post my weight and a photo after my maintenance period before starting the second cycle as I will be refed and my weight should be fairly stabilized. Going to follow the tension workout exactly as written in the UD2 book. I anticipate being around 170 lbs after the carb load and maintenance period, which would indicate ~3lbs lost (hopefully primarily fat). If that's the case, I'd definitely consider this 8 day run so far a success. I felt awful the whole time, but it works as promised. I see now why Lyle recommends against category 1 RFLing.
Unread 07-19-2017, 05:53 PM

Default Refeed Gone Awry

Well, I definitely overestimated my willpower when it came to the refeed. Here were my macros:
1016g Carbs
81g Fat
300g Protein
6000 calories

I was aiming for the lower end of carbs for my LBM (around 900g) and under 50g fat, but I messed up on calculating the macros on a fruit pizza recipe I made, resulting in the excessive fat. I did intend to hit ~300g of protein in the hope that it would keep my satiated, but wow it was hard to stop eating even at over 2 lbs of carbohydrates. I had to squeeze the power workout in today instead of the plan I had to do it tomorrow. I'll adjust calories to maintenance -20% tomorrow before my trip in the hope of getting rid of some of the carb bloat.

Mathematically speaking, I should have lost close to 2 lbs of fat, assuming all fat lost on the way down and all fat gained with the surplus during the refeed. The partioning of the depletion workouts as well as this power workout should have worked in my favor, but we'll have to wait a few days to see.

I do not think it would be wise to perform another RFL run after my 3 day maintenance break in Chicago. I really don't think my body can take it, and it seems I react very poorly to these carb loads. I think I'll most likely stick to a straight deficit -20% for the 2 weeks following until I leave for Holland.

Weight this morning was 174 (post - refeed) which indicates a 7lb gain. This is actually above what my weight was before starting the RFL run. I do feel and look leaner, so I'm hoping my weight will drop back down to around 170-171 lbs after the excess glycogen and water weight leave my body.

All - in - all, the expected 2 lb weight loss from this run was not worth the immense amount of effort and willpower it took. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience to say the least.
Unread 07-20-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Well, I definitely overestimated my willpower when it came to the refeed. Here were my macros:
1016g Carbs
81g Fat
300g Protein
6000 calories

I was aiming for the lower end of carbs for my LBM (around 900g) and under 50g fat, but I messed up on calculating the macros on a fruit pizza recipe I made, resulting in the excessive fat. I did intend to hit ~300g of protein in the hope that it would keep my satiated, but wow it was hard to stop eating even at over 2 lbs of carbohydrates. I had to squeeze the power workout in today instead of the plan I had to do it tomorrow. I'll adjust calories to maintenance -20% tomorrow before my trip in the hope of getting rid of some of the carb bloat.

Mathematically speaking, I should have lost close to 2 lbs of fat, assuming all fat lost on the way down and all fat gained with the surplus during the refeed. The partioning of the depletion workouts as well as this power workout should have worked in my favor, but we'll have to wait a few days to see.

I do not think it would be wise to perform another RFL run after my 3 day maintenance break in Chicago. I really don't think my body can take it, and it seems I react very poorly to these carb loads. I think I'll most likely stick to a straight deficit -20% for the 2 weeks following until I leave for Holland.

Weight this morning was 174 (post - refeed) which indicates a 7lb gain. This is actually above what my weight was before starting the RFL run. I do feel and look leaner, so I'm hoping my weight will drop back down to around 170-171 lbs after the excess glycogen and water weight leave my body.

All - in - all, the expected 2 lb weight loss from this run was not worth the immense amount of effort and willpower it took. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience to say the least.
I'm in the same boat as you... I also reacted poorly to my recent 2 day carb refeed after a 12 day category 1 stint. Gained over 6lbs of water overnight and its taken me all month to drop it off again. I've been dieting again since July 6th and I'm still 2.2 lbs above my low weight I reached at the end of cat1. Very frustrated at the lack of progress this month. I can't even reach into my bodybuilding bag of tricks and decide why I'm still 2.2 lbs heavier while RFL again since July 6th. I'm at a loss right now...