BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > About this forum: Read this first
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Default Stereotypical diet/training sites

Just read this James Fell article about the pitfalls and warning signs to look out for when buying diet/training programs. The fact that this site doesn't incorporate these tactics was one of the reasons that convinced me to buy RFL. While an argument can be made that quality programs can found in the stereotypical marketing sites such a Venuto's holy grail/body transformation book, it's an automatic turn-off for me when I see them. I just don't understand why these authors don't deploy a similar model to what's used here.

Last edited by UberPooch : 10-20-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Because, statistically, their approach sells better to the majority. It's the same reason 30 minute infomercials work. The thing is that Venuto is one of the best in this industry. He just plays the game better than I do.
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Because, statistically, their approach sells better to the majority. It's the same reason 30 minute infomercials work. The thing is that Venuto is one of the best in this industry. He just plays the game better than I do.
Guess it depends on the perception and judgment of the buyer. For me, sites like Venuto's just ooze like a used car salesman tactic. I'm not saying Venuto isn't a caliber author, but rather his marketing strategies are a barrier and not an incentive for me to buy his products.
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:07 AM

So a spin like this doesn't work for you?

Learn the 5 secrets of bodyrecomposition!

Secret #1:

Calories matter!
Calories in vs calories out over time determine your weight loss or gain.
But now,for a change learn how to eat DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS!
Learn the most important body movement to lose weight. Hint: it involves shaking your head no. You will learn how!

Secret #2

Train to grow so you don't lose!
Dieting without some intense weight training can cause you to lose muscle. YIKES! We will show you the
7 best exercises for maintaining muscle mass and building the hot body you always dreamed of.

Secret #3

Love the carbs, hate the carbs!
Carbs are not either good or bad but some people do better with less or more.
FIND OUT which type of dieter you are with one simple test!
Then start SHEDDING THE POUNDS!!

Secret #4

99.9% of the supplements are crap.
If it hasn't been around for 10 years, it's probably bogus!
Learn what works, and aLso receive 1 free week's supply of LM-7000 - our new formulation of fish oil, creatine and vitamins, ALL IN ONE!!

Secret #5

There are no secrets. Anymore that is!!
Start with the basics and be consistent. Measure and log your progress. When you reach 10-12% bodyfat (for a guy) 18% for a woman then we'll talk. Until then, keep it simple stupid!!
Got it? Good. Now go DO IT!!

With Lyle Mcdonalds bodyrecomposition plan, even a macaroon can lose weight and build muscle. But don't wait any longer. If you order now, you will receive 1 free month's access to forums.lylemcdonald.com, where you can receive free advice from the members and sometimes the master himself!

Act now, before it's TOO LATE!

Last edited by FutureisNow : 10-21-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Mental note: hire Futureisnow to do my ad copy going forwards.

The thing is that, for the majority, that is what sells. Look at all advertising, 30 minute infomercials, all that stuff. It's used because it works on the majority. Make no mistake, it turns me off completely. And it tends to turn off the people who like my stuff. But statistically it sells to more people than the tame approach.
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Mental note: hire Futureisnow to do my ad copy going forwards.

The thing is that, for the majority, that is what sells. Look at all advertising, 30 minute infomercials, all that stuff. It's used because it works on the majority. Make no mistake, it turns me off completely. And it tends to turn off the people who like my stuff. But statistically it sells to more people than the tame approach.
Made my day!
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureisNow View Post

Act now, before it's TOO LATE!
You forgot the most important thing.

THE WHOLE PACKAGE HAS A VALUE OF OHMYGODAGAZILLIONDOLLARS, BUT YOU CAN HAVE IT ONLY TODAY FOR 77$! *

*it's always 77, at the end.
Unread 10-21-2011, 03:43 PM

Don't worry Lyle a friend and I are starting a new online business, and he's just wrapping up a double degree in business and computer science and we were just yesterday discussing how all current trends and research show that content marketing is the way of the future. So you're just ahead of the curve.

We plan on using your model as an inspiration (well he already was going this way when i joined but your site is a prime example of what he was proposing); providing the top quality product with top quality advice and support to use the product all available in one easy to find place.

It is by far the best way I've seen anyone set up a business such as this one. I can fully appreciate why you don't wanna 'play the game' to such an extent. The game is falling apart around us anyway so who cares!

Last edited by sethreidnz : 10-21-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Unread 10-21-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karac View Post
You forgot the most important thing.

THE WHOLE PACKAGE HAS A VALUE OF OHMYGODAGAZILLIONDOLLARS, BUT YOU CAN HAVE IT ONLY TODAY FOR 77$! *

*it's always 77, at the end.
I wouldn't want to cheapen it
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureisNow View Post
So a spin like this doesn't work for you?
okay, that was good!
Closed Thread