BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-10-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightLights View Post
It's definitely not in my head though as I woke up half asleep at around 3:45 Am and there's definitely a noticeable prickliness in my body mostly in my hand and feet now. Not painful just weird like my foots asleep.
yes its early signs. cease using,
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24456217

3 deaths in the UK this year. Seems a bit scary given that there can't be too many people using this. It'd be interersing to compare the death:users ratio of dnp to something like speed, coacain, herion, etc
That's a nonsensical comparison.... do some basic research on the subject and you will find out that DNP is safe, it was sold over the counter for hundreds of thousands of people back in the 30s and reported cases of death are a couple dozen or so cases, most by overdosage and few due to pre-existing health conditions like hepatic/renal insufficiency.

Also this case was commented here before. It's yet another example of death by overdosage. That being said, DNP has side-effects that people should be aware before deciding if/how to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboned View Post
hi
Im getting some DNP from a reliable source and although
I've read a lot of what the Conciliator has said about the pros and cons of dnp, I still have some concerns.

Summed up from Concilator:
100-600mg/day is safe/
Small chance of cataracts, if you get are easily removable.
In normal doses (100-600mg/day) no effect on thyroid
Antioxidants might help, might not, using >600mg which was used in
studies at Stanford, would be easily handled by the body

I was planning on doing 12 weeks of 200mg/day use along with EC.

Willl DNP cause other damage I dont know about like at
Chronic inflammation?
Arteriosclerosis?
Liver damage?
Cancer?

thank you
If you are planning to use it make sure to do your homework before going ahead. Reading this thread from the beginning is my top recommendation as it contains lots of useful and BS-free information.

Regarding risky sides, to sum up:

• Cataracts: extremely rare and a very distant risk. Common anti-oxidants, specially Vitamin C may have a protective effect. Just in case tale daily supplements, but don't overdo it as excess also cause problems of it's own.
  • Rashes/allergic reactions: it's common and in some cases manageable with antihistamines like Loratadine, Zyrtec, Benadryl, etc. If this happens the symptoms reverse few days after interrupting DNP.
  • Arthritic pain (aka joint pain): Somewhat rare, usually comes together with peripheral neuritis but not always. It improves relatively fast after discontinuation but if it does show up, DNP shall be interrupted.
  • Peripheral Neuropathy: Discussed in great detail in the previous posts (read it all): it may be as common as rashes/allergic reactions and is the most problematic side-effect to be concerned. Again read all the previous posts and see how much you want to risk and if you want to raise the stakes using it for longer than 30 days, be sure to pay attention to any signs.
  • Loss of taste(neuritis): Less frequent than PN but a strong indicator that PN may develop. If this happens you should stop DNP; Again read all previous posts as this is addressed too.
  • Yellow skin or yellow eyes - this is very unusual and not really a risk but if it does happen it's a not a good sign and you should stop;

It doesn't damage or affect negatively any organ (heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, reproductive organs, etc). So you don't need to be concerned with any of that, but mid the above list as it is the key things to be aware of.

There's one more thing: Yellow sperma is normal and not an issue.

Quote:
It's definitely not in my head though as I woke up half asleep at around 3:45 Am and there's definitely a noticeable prickliness in my body mostly in my hand and feet now. Not painful just weird like my foots asleep.
If it was just the 6 days I would say it's unlikely, but you used before for 2 months so yeah, this is a clear symptom of P.N so stop taking DNP immediately. Also there's no safe time-frame to ever considering taking it again. P.N takes a lot of time to properly heal (many months) which means you won't be able to rely on DNP ever again. Drop it and switch to proven alternatives like RFL dieting, EC/Clen, etc.
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Of COURSE it's death by overdosage.

The problem being that people often lose their minds when it comes to weight/fat loss stuff. It happened with ephedrine too.

people figure that if X = Y fat loss, then 3X = 3Y fat loss and get themselves into major trouble.
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Yea still have the tingles...
Any precautions I should take besides discontinuing the DNP?
Should I be scared of developing serious issues soon?
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Of COURSE it's death by overdosage.

The problem being that people often lose their minds when it comes to weight/fat loss stuff. It happened with ephedrine too.

people figure that if X = Y fat loss, then 3X = 3Y fat loss and get themselves into major trouble.
And it's worth noting that the bulk of death by overdosage happened by accidental/environmental exposure (factory workers for example) and few due to suicide (intentional overdosage).

Only with the advent of DNP sold over the internet is that cases of "accidental" overdose by ingestion (reckless, stupid use of the substance) became frequent, specially within the BB subculture.

Quote:
Yea still have the tingles...
Any precautions I should take besides discontinuing the DNP?
Should I be scared of developing serious issues soon?
No need to be scared or worried. Since you interrupted within the earlier signs, it's unlikely that this issue will escalate. However be prepared for a recovery that may take couple months at best to show significant improvement, to six or more months.

My recommendation post interruption is to take anti-oxidants, a multivitamin and EFAs (fish oil) religiously every day, besides sufficient protein. You can keep dieting to maintain progress with your recomposition goals, there's no problem with that.

As for diet, a low carb or keto may be beneficial. I will talk more about that in another occasion.
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:36 AM

Does DNP do any physical damage to skin/mucous membranes based on contact?
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Nope. I found a recent study of a case of workers poisoned by direct skin contact. Their feet were soaked into DNP....(it has pictures) the study details all the steps done to avoid death and everything they observed as far as damage, etc.

The skin recovered within 2 weeks with no sequels. I will post more about this later.
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:09 PM

So my hands and feet will feel like they're asleep for months?
Or can I expect some improvement for that symptom.

Is there anything a doctor could do.
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloluiz View Post
And it's worth noting that the bulk of death by overdosage happened by accidental/environmental exposure (factory workers for example) and few due to suicide (intentional overdosage).

Only with the advent of DNP sold over the internet is that cases of "accidental" overdose by ingestion (reckless, stupid use of the substance) became frequent, specially within the BB subculture.

No need to be scared or worried. Since you interrupted within the earlier signs, it's unlikely that this issue will escalate. However be prepared for a recovery that may take couple months at best to show significant improvement, to six or more months.

My recommendation post interruption is to take anti-oxidants, a multivitamin and EFAs (fish oil) religiously every day, besides sufficient protein. You can keep dieting to maintain progress with your recomposition goals, there's no problem with that.

As for diet, a low carb or keto may be beneficial. I will talk more about that in another occasion.
I wanna add, I recall I woke up in the middle of the night after maybe like a week of DNP and like their was sand at the bottom of my feet or maybe like light needles. It was all in my head and never felt it again. Prolly just some psychosomatic nonsense I dribbled up in my head out of anxiety.
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
So my hands and feet will feel like they're asleep for months?
Or can I expect some improvement for that symptom.

Is there anything a doctor could do.
Probably few weeks at least but will improve gradually.
This issue is not permanent but the healing is slow. If we consider that it takes on average 3 months for symptoms to show up, it's reasonable to expect that any significant improvement will take as long to happen.

Don't bother going to a Doctor unless the issue escalate to pain which is unlikely now that you interrupted DNP. The only thing any Doctor can prescribe is pain medicine since the healing process happens naturally once the underlying cause is removed.

Also don't assume that because the symptoms disappear in the future you are ready for a second cycle with DNP. I cannot stress this enough but this not how it works. Actual regeneration of the nerve takes very, VERY long to happen. All symptoms may disappear with a partial regeneration (let's say 10%), which as I said many times before, doesn't imply a full recovery.

I saw at least one report of a guy who waited the symptoms to go away then went back to DNP few months later..... then he really got himself into trouble with pain so intense that he had to go to the E.R plus months with limitations to walking and everything.

So when I said to drop DNP for good and not look back I wasn't joking. There's no safe time-frame to ever consider even a small run. Nerve damage is not an issue to be taken lightly and it's a show stopper for DNP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoftruth View Post
I wanna add, I recall I woke up in the middle of the night after maybe like a week of DNP and like their was sand at the bottom of my feet or maybe like light needles. It was all in my head and never felt it again. Prolly just some psychosomatic nonsense I dribbled up in my head out of anxiety.
Light needles, pinches/tingles even dormency are things that can happen naturally. Just standing on a bad position cutting the flow of blood to the feets for few minutes then resuming can cause sensations like that.
The thing is, they go away in few seconds.

Now symptoms that persists for hours or days is a different issue altogether.
I think the information presented in the previous posts is clear enough regarding what symptoms people should pay attention to and what is the wise course of action if something crops up - people will ignore that information at their own peril.

And to clarify, that's not to say that everyone is subject to this problem. Quite in fact research indicates that the majority of DNP users don't experience this issue, but odds of getting it is not insignificant either... so the thing is, only way to be sure is rolling the dice, and in the end people will gonna do what they gonna do, and some will find that the benefit they are getting with DNP is well worth the risk and as such will push ahead and see for themselves if they are vulnerable to this PN issue or not, and that's fine; and there will be others that will realize that the effect is not making progress with fat loss move significantly faster then what could be achieved with a solid diet and exercise plan.

What matters is having all relevant information in order to make an educated choice on how to proceed with DNP.

Last edited by niloluiz : 10-12-2013 at 10:15 AM.