BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-07-2015, 06:17 AM

Default Keto has been effective for my weightloss (pics)

I have lost 60lbs twice on keto in a reasonable amount of time. Starting off usually at 220 and finishing at 155-160.

Unfortunately on both occasions I have failed to lift any weight and have been left with very little LBM and look terrible.

As soon as I eat any amount of carbs to attempt to gain weight and put on a basic level of muscle I literally baloon and put on 12-20lbs and become extremely watery and flabby. Any advice for this or where I should go next?

Here are the pictures anyway.

First keto experience over 8 months

Second keto experience over 10 months

Unread 08-21-2015, 09:47 PM

"As soon as I eat any amount of carbs to attempt to gain weight and put on a basic level of muscle I literally baloon and put on 12-20lbs and become extremely watery and flabby. Any advice for this or where I should go next? "

This is normal. You are going above maintenance and the increased carbs and calories is causing a rise in water and actual weight.

You are falling into one of the typical "forever cutting" dieter habits.
1) Cuts down with little lbm
2) Bulks up but sees water weights, freak and goes back to cutting

What you had was fine.

do GBR. Keep protein at like 3/4 of weight, fat at 1/2 weight, rest carbs and go 3-400 over maintenance and see from there. You are spinning your wheels. I was in the same spot a while ago until i stopped caring how i balooned up and followed the above. I gained weight and felt a lot better the next time I cut.

EDIT: O crap didnt realize this was 2 weeks old
Unread 08-24-2015, 05:27 AM

Thank you the the reply, I have been waiting....

I agree with everything you say, I eat more and balloon and immediately go back to eating very little. I think I have been cutting since 2011...
Unread 08-24-2015, 05:24 PM

You need to just say f it and go full throttle. Trust me after you are done bulking and water goes back down, you will be nowhere near as fat as you think you are.

Like I mentioned do 300 over maintenance and see what happens. Guarantee you will feel a lot better since you sound like you've never really bulked.
Unread 09-05-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
"As soon as I eat any amount of carbs to attempt to gain weight and put on a basic level of muscle I literally baloon and put on 12-20lbs and become extremely watery and flabby. Any advice for this or where I should go next? "

This is normal. You are going above maintenance and the increased carbs and calories is causing a rise in water and actual weight.

You are falling into one of the typical "forever cutting" dieter habits.
1) Cuts down with little lbm
2) Bulks up but sees water weights, freak and goes back to cutting

What you had was fine.

do GBR. Keep protein at like 3/4 of weight, fat at 1/2 weight, rest carbs and go 3-400 over maintenance and see from there. You are spinning your wheels. I was in the same spot a while ago until i stopped caring how i balooned up and followed the above. I gained weight and felt a lot better the next time I cut.

EDIT: O crap didnt realize this was 2 weeks old
Has this guy ever done any training before? I think he's surely at beginner status (Never bulked, any gains he's made will be noob gains, very little LBM).

Do you really think GBR is suitable for him at this stage?
Unread 09-09-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
Has this guy ever done any training before? I think he's surely at beginner status (Never bulked, any gains he's made will be noob gains, very little LBM).

Do you really think GBR is suitable for him at this stage?
I agree with you he is a beginner.

Wasn't really deadset on GBR. I just think it is a good workout that can be accommodated to beginners pretty easily. I think it can work well with reduced volume OR taking a couple of the isolation exercises out at the end then work your way up.

That said, 5x5 would work just fine.

His diet is the major problem. Once he gets that in order, I think 5x5 or a reduced GBR would work well for bulking.