BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Default Obese beginner, which book?

I've learned a bit from the website and would like to support the author in a few months when I have free cash. Which book is the most useful for an obese beginner with a history of adherence issues? Fwiw, I already own Starting Strength, as lauded in several of the articles here.
Unread 03-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek42 View Post
I've learned a bit from the website and would like to support the author in a few months when I have free cash. Which book is the most useful for an obese beginner with a history of adherence issues? Fwiw, I already own Starting Strength, as lauded in several of the articles here.
Flexible Dieting
Unread 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM

Lyle has FAQ's and Stickies (in addition to the product descriptions on the main site) that detail the diets briefly so I think it's best reading all those thoroughly before making a personal choice.

From someone who was/is in a similar situation to yourself I found the large deficit in the early stages of RFL very motivating and has allowed me to continue on from where in the past I have faltered.

However it is an extreme diet and extreme diets obviously have a high rate of voluntary failure and can lead to overeating in response to stopping. Plus if you read the forums you'll see some people have issues that surface during the process. In fact Lyle warns about extreme diets in the early part of the book but says people are going to do these anyway so they may aswell do it as safely and efficiently as they can, which is what the book is for.

Myself I found it easy, it's an extremely simple diet plan if you have access to the right foods in your area (extremely low fat cheese being my savior) and my appetite dropped as I stepped into ketosis.

How you think you would react based on your past is down to you.

I've now stepped away from RFL and headed more towards The Ketogenic Diet, which I could roughly summarize as RFL + added fat and a hell of a lot more detail of what goes on in your body in that state, which I soak up willingly. RFL is a much easier read if you're not as detail oriented.

Whichever you choose...follow the book to the T as best you can.

Last edited by AlphaOmega3 : 07-22-2014 at 04:21 PM.