BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-26-2016, 02:10 PM

Default Transitioning from PSMF to Keto

Hi all! Quick question.

I'm currently on the PSMF (RFL diet). I am REALLY struggling to get my protein in each day, but getting my min fats haven't been an issue. Zeroing out carbs hasn't either. I am really debating on whether or not to go back to Keto. I did Keto in 2008, and then in 2009 started a maintenance CKD diet. I did really well until I put on 75lbs after I had a baby in 2014. So, now I'm needing to lose this 75lbs. So far I have lost 8lbs in a week with PSMF, but am really struggling with the protein. The meals are harder to make, and I'm constantly on the go, so me packing a lean protein lunch is much harder. It was easier grabbing keto friendly snacks. So, I think for me, I would be better off going back on Keto.
Now, here is my question...
Transitioning from one to the other, should I fast for a day in between starting the two? Or should I gradually adjust over a few days slowly increasing my fat? Or should I take a break, and then restart? For anyone who has done this, please let me know. Thanks!!
Unread 01-30-2016, 09:31 AM

The best diet is the one you can stick to; so long as there's a caloric deficit weight will be lost. Not sure how long you've been RFLing, but you're post seems to imply just over a week. If that's the case you probably don't need a diet break yet and can just start eating keto. If not, follow the instructions in the book (RFL). If you've read much of the forums, you'll realize keto isn't magic and results won't come as fast as RFL. But if that's the diet you can most easily adhere to, go for it.
Unread 01-31-2016, 01:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SweemTim89

I would suggest protein powders, that is how I manage it.