BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-02-2018, 07:37 AM

I was reading through your log. Have you ever tried counting calories and be consistent instead of extreme eating changes?
Unread 08-07-2018, 12:52 PM

Default Well, wow

OK so ... work was toxic post-acquisition. I was nervous for my job. And my teamís jobs. Stress eating and drinking for a lot of the year, honestly. Then I went on vacation and came back to massive layoffs. Including me. The past few weeks have been a blur. I thought Iíd use my free time to hit the gym and clean eat but no. Been commiserating with teammates and nights out and feeling awful and depressed.

The mourning period is over. I need to get my act together. I have a few months severance and have already been interviewing. But I want to give myself the next two weeks to be kind of strict and reset my habits and waistline. 125 by 8/15 is a total joke, now. When I started this thread it was definitely possible but right now Iím at 147.5. Yup. I got down to 140 before my vacation and came back to a higher weight and have been bumping around 147 for the past few weeks. Luckily I havenít seen the 150s but itís close! Yikes.

Iíd love to interview with confidence and being in the 130s again would just give me that.

Iím setting small goals to get there. And one of them is just holding myself accountable. So for the next 2 weeks Iím back to strict Keto, no drinking, and actually getting into a fasting schedule Iíd like to try out now that I have no job to be present for or clients to entertain at lunch or drinks.

Iíll post back here with a plan and try to post every day.

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125
Unread 08-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Default Day 2 of 14

So yesterday I decided on a plan and started it in earnest. Doing strict keto with IF, no drinking, even if it would keep me under 20 carbs. The more extreme thing here is I'm not doing a 16:8 kind of thing but 42 hour fasts.

What that means is, eat keto meal #1 at 1:30pm and keto meal #2 at 7:30pm, then fast the next day save for <100 cal in bone broth/heavy cream in coffee, rinse and repeat.

I read about this regiment in Dr. Fung's guide to fasting. I think I'll give it a try for 14 days (with the exception of Sunday because I have a huge family celebration that I'll stay keto at).

I've already experimented with longer fasts (72 hours) so know that this is doable.

Quote:
Tracking

Day 1 nutrition: I ate 2 keto meals for a total of 1,350 cal; 106 grams of fat; 86 grams of protein; and 20 grams of carbs. I did have some heavy cream in some ice coffee so my estimates might be a little off from that.

Day 2 nutrition: <100 cal of bone broth

Day 1 weight: 147.5
Day 2 weight: 150.5*

* First day of TOM, pushes my scale up by about 4 pounds every time!

Last edited by yupisaidit : 08-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 08-09-2018, 09:14 AM

Default Day 3

Day 3 Weight: 148.5

Plan for today is 2 keto meals, no drinking, eating within an 6 hour period. I'm not going to be able to track my calories exactly as we have dinner out tonight at a sushi place but think it will be hard to overeat on sashimi (and too expensive anyway!). Also the goal is not to eat at a deficit on my eating days.

As for yesterday, I was more like <300 cals as I had more cream in my coffee and then decaf tea with cream at bedtime. But that feels negligible. (Just noting yesterday really wasn't a true fast.)

So far, feel so good.