BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-03-2018, 02:13 PM

Been hitting mid 198s. Added a rep to the bench to make 235x7, but lost couple squat reps @ 375x5. Felt my left knee go icky a bit so wasnt gonna push it. I'm about ready to move back to maintenance (bw x 13.5) by end of next week. Pretty content with the progress so far. I'm in a good position to reverse out of this phase and maintain for a bit before adding a small surplus. Will think about this a bit more tonight and decide what to do tomorrow.
Unread 11-03-2018, 10:16 PM

I concur, you're in a real good spot for a lean bulk. How much weight are you aiming to add per week/month?
Unread 11-04-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
I concur, you're in a real good spot for a lean bulk. How much weight are you aiming to add per week/month?
I'm thinking of starting at .25% bw (.5 lb or so) for the first few weeks and pushing it a bit higher. I'll be using 600mg test e after I start ramping weights up-the Bhasin study from a few years ago had a lbm gain of .8% on the subjects. But they were an average of 70kg and I'm right around 90, and probably 92 to 93 k after gaining glycogen water and food in the gut post diet- so I'll be happy with even .5% on the top end (that's 4 lbs a month!). At that point I'll be using my navel circumference to assess if I'm gaining too fast as well. That tool has been helpful in the past few weeks since scale weight has been pretty static but waist size keeps falling every 3 to 5 days..

Last edited by w1cked : 11-04-2018 at 05:10 AM.
Unread 11-10-2018, 07:01 AM

Was weak on my last deadlift and bench workouts. Bumped cals to bw x 13.5=2700 (2650 going by bw but I like rounded numbers) as of Wednesday, had a little whoosh down to 196.8. I feel this still has me at a mild deficit but gonna eat that for a week at least. If scale keeps dropping till next Wed I'll bump it up by 150 or so

Deloading on squats today, will throw up some progress pics when I wake up at home, maybe Monday? Slept a bit better with those extra 350 to 400 calorie bump mostly from carbs.

Macros adjusted slightly, protein goes 280ish to 250ish, with a commensurate bump in carbs (around 300), fats around mid 50s. Food selection staying the same, cheddar cheese to melt on my chicken and potatoes. Hunger levels are mildly up, so I'm keeping same food-ish, rely Still keeping IF 16/8 schedule, which I'll change when I move to a surplus to add one protein feeding in the morning.
Unread 11-12-2018, 04:44 AM

From today. Was 199.6 this morning after few days of mid 196s/low 197s. The photos show some progress, but there are some areas not visible which have shrunk too, esp around my hip bone, glute max, etc

http://imgur.com/a/6ZjTTKI

Hunger is up a bit. Have been around 2700 cals. Have yet to deload, felt a bit stronger in the gym from the extra calories and sleep. I might maintain till around Christmas-day or so, there are few occasions where I'll need to be socially eating with co workers and extended family. Actually this is a good opportunity for me, I've never attempted to maintain in quite a bit.

Last edited by w1cked : 11-12-2018 at 04:46 AM.