BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-08-2018, 03:23 PM

Default Is it safe to do rapid fat loss aged 21?

I was wondering whether it would be deemed unsafe or not to do rapid fatloss aged 21?
While I understand that general dieting during the puberty years is considered potentially detrimental so far as stunting growth at development, I'm also aware that people generally carry on developing into their early twenties.

My girlfriend and I (also 21) plan to do rapid fat loss for two weeks.
Is there any potential danger doing an extreme diet like this at our age?

Also, does anyone know of any potential health risks of doing the diet while on anxiety tablets? The tablet instructions do not advise against low calorie diets of course, but they are a hormone altering drug. I'm wondering whether the hormone altering of the drug in combination with the hormonal toll dieting is associated with might be a bad mix. I suppose no one will truly know this, but a second opinion and educated guess would be helpful.

Thanks.

Last edited by krk24 : 08-08-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Unread 08-08-2018, 06:27 PM

21 is fine. Anecdotally low carb diets give me a much more tranquil mind. Dunno about anxiety drugs but I've been on ssri's and anti psychotics. So..idk
Unread 11-02-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post
I was wondering whether it would be deemed unsafe or not to do rapid fatloss aged 21?
While I understand that general dieting during the puberty years is considered potentially detrimental so far as stunting growth at development, I'm also aware that people generally carry on developing into their early twenties.

My girlfriend and I (also 21) plan to do rapid fat loss for two weeks.
Is there any potential danger doing an extreme diet like this at our age?

Also, does anyone know of any potential health risks of doing the diet while on anxiety tablets? The tablet instructions do not advise against low calorie diets of course, but they are a hormone altering drug. I'm wondering whether the hormone altering of the drug in combination with the hormonal toll dieting is associated with might be a bad mix. I suppose no one will truly know this, but a second opinion and educated guess would be helpful.

Thanks.

The answer to all these questions is basically do the diet and do the diet like the diet says to do the diet. Don't combine a bunch of endless cardio on top of the diet. Again. Don't combine a bunch of endless cardio on top of the diet.

If you feel some type of anxiety attack coming on just eat a potato. Being neurotic and stressed out over RFL won't help you lose weight in the long run.

Low carb diets are GREAT for my state of mind personally. I am significantly more productive and less sluggish. This seems to be true for most people with poor insulin sensitivity.

Will this be the case for you? I cant say. Try the diet. If it makes it better, keep doing it. If it makes it worse, stop doing it.

Rapid Fat loss is low in calories but it's cutting out INESSENTIAL calories. If you're eating sufficient protein, fish oil, supplementing with leafy vegetables, and NOT DOING ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF CARDIO you'll be fine.

For an educated guess, if you do the diet and don't do ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF CARDIO you will feel better and not worse. Most people feel better when they do good things for the right reasons.

When you cheat on the diet try not to freak out. It happens. The diet isn't easy. Get back on the horse.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 11-02-2018 at 06:16 AM. Reason: a
Unread 11-04-2018, 11:21 AM

21 is fine, i don't see any problem