BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Starting over at 45

After many failed attempts and about 10 years of pure dedication to the little ones (9, 7 and almost 4) I am giving myself freedom to slowly enter the world of bodyrecomposition. Of course, the minions still have my full attention but now that two of them are in school, it's a bit easier.

I feel that without brutally honest Lyle all of this would be in vain. Not trying to gain any brownie points, but I understand how much research, time and himself he poured into the project of integrated dieting and training. So first of all, thanks to the researcher because the methods are actually tried, tested and true.
My deal is that I'll have to start slowly with lowering carbs, no sugary stuff at all and introducing more fibrous vegetables. I'll have to cook separately, first for the kids, then for my wife and myself.
That is OK. I enjoy cooking!
Some time later, I will introduce my basic stats and pics
Oh, and if anybody has questions or comments, feel free...
Unread 11-09-2018, 02:58 PM

This weekend is the last one where I will not think about calories for some time to come. The descent into recomp will be slow with lowering calories slowly through decrease in sugar, snacks, volume of food per meal and an introduction into much more salads. Of course, volume of water per day will go up slowly.
I will start with UD2.0 type of training halved for a foreseeable time until I go over UD2.0 updated schedule and am closer to the summer.
I do need to read the UD2.0 Addendum.
Unread 11-13-2018, 10:07 AM

Yesterday was Remembrance Day (Canada) so my blog continues on a Tuesday even though I did my first workout yesterday.
Half of recommended UD2.0 depletion workout:

1. One Legged Squats 3x15 bodyweight (bw)
2. One Legged Calf Raises - on a raised platform 3x15 bw
3. Leg Curls - machine (m) 3x15 45lbs
4. Leg Extensions m 3x15 45lbs
5. Chest Presses m 3x15 45 lbs
6. Lat Pulldowns m 3x15 45lbs
7. Overhead Presses m 3x15 25lbs
8. Seated Upright Rows m 3x15 45lbs
9. Seated Bicep Curls - free weight (fw) 15lbs
10. Tricep Pulldowns with a Rope m 15lbs
11. Lateral Raises fw 3x15 15bs
Unread 11-13-2018, 10:24 AM

Today I'll do the same (God willing, as my Syrian friend would say).
I am already sore but it does feel good. To my understanding a third of the UD2.0 workout would be appropriate for a natural athlete but I will eventually probably resort to performance enhancing drugs (ped's).

Also, since my goal is loss of bodyfat and a very slow introduction to UD.2.0 the volume is appropriate. I have a lot of experience in the gym and with UD2.0 over the past 20-30 years so there is also a factor of being able to change things on the fly if that is necessary.

For now, I will let my body naturally deal with the workouts and a changing diet except 50 mgs of mesterolone daily. Cardio will be minimal, 20-30min once a week for now.

I will enter the body stats and photos soon. Currently, I am siting at 198lbs at 6.0'.
Bodyfat seems to be high (20s maybe), will measure soon with calipers and a three point site method for men. Definitely need to get down to 10 before full on UD2.0. The amount of protein per day will be achieved first. Around 1.5g/lb lean body mass so I'd eyeball it at around 250-270g/d.

500g eggwhites 64g protein (p)
protein shake 100g p
1 chicken breast 30g p
2 tuna cans 50g p

this is per day in addition to vegetables and minimal fruit