BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:11 AM

Three weeks so far (two of them official)

I was still in a state of flux in a week that saw me consume between 70% and 95% of my 84g daily protein requirement. At some point, I decided to be more mindful of the amount of fish I ate over the course of a week. The effect was that the vegetables remained high while the tuna came down. In addition to this, the cottage cheese I use was out of stock so I made do with products with a higher fat content.

The story so far is that all the weight I gained in the middle of the first fortnight was lost by the end of it. This week I lost 4.25 pounds. I had my free meal yesterday and experienced no weight change this morning.

Going into the next four weeks, I've:
  • used Excel to set up a 4-week meal plan that ticks all the RFL boxes (foods plus supplements)
  • stocked up on enough cottage cheese and also added skinless chicken breast to the list of foods (currently tuna, quark, cottage cheese, vegetables and 'omega 3 tabs')
  • incorporated a carb and fat count for each meal, ensuring the figures stay between 3g and 5g. I had previously been using daily counts of between 9g and 20g
  • added a snack time in order to halve the tag along carbs and fats consumed in one sitting. They are now both 3.3g. My standard snack is cottage cheese with a couple of omega 3 tabs
  • changed my Intermittent Fasting time slot to between 7:30pm and 11:30am. My meal times are now 11:30am and 6/7pm. Snack times 2pm and 4pm
  • thought of adding toning exercises
  • set a daily water intake target of 3 litres (0.8 gallons) that will gradually increase to 3.8 litres (1 gallon) over this time period
  • set a weight loss target of 3lbs a week. I'll be pleased with 3.25, happy with 3.5, ecstatic with 3.75 and over the moon with anything higher
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Those monthlies ...

I know better than to fight the first day or so so I thought it best to take it easy today.

Where I'm concerned, taking it easy means either fasting (my body may beg to differ) or having minimal prep non-diet meals. Since I have just completed a week where I constantly ate below requirement, I opted for the latter. I brought my free meal forward by a day and decided to eat freely (cheat) during the other meal times.

Unscheduled free meals result in unplanned food shopping trips. Although I went to the supermarket intending to purchase only a tub of ice-cream, I left with a large ready meal in tow. I've already had half of the ready meal (midday meal) and snacked on two servings of ice cream.

The hormones appear to have settled. This might be due to the meat-filled pastry meal or the full-fat ice cream or the walk to the store via the scenic route or the fact that I took time to reflect on this situation and put it in context or the ibuprofen I had a couple of hours ago. Who knows.

What I do know is that I would probably benefit from preparing and freezing one or two emergency meals for those times when I feel that I may be physically unable to adhere to the diet. For the times when the barrier is psychological, I remember this.

If I'm still relaxed this evening, I'll be back to RFL diet meals and (for the first time in my life) throw the rest of the meal in the bin. If not, I'll eat the rest of the meal, some ice cream and return to RFL diet meals tomorrow.

Unscheduled free meals usually mark the point in a diet where I begin to lose track so I need to be vigilant until my next free meal (Saturday night).
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbody View Post
Those monthlies ... Unscheduled free meals usually mark the point in a diet where I begin to lose track so I need to be vigilant until my next free meal (Saturday night).
Not a big deal, just keep moving forward, you are doing really good so far.

One thing I have found that works for me when I get a sweet (ice cream) urge is to take protein powder and blend it with ice. The ice give it a thick, milk shake, consistency AND gets a little more protein in me. Solid food is the best staple for any diet but having the protein powder handy keeps me away from the bottom of the ice cream container, if you know what I mean.

Hope this helps.
Unread 02-09-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2late View Post
Not a big deal, just keep moving forward, you are doing really good so far.

One thing I have found that works for me when I get a sweet (ice cream) urge is to take protein powder and blend it with ice. The ice give it a thick, milk shake, consistency AND gets a little more protein in me. Solid food is the best staple for any diet but having the protein powder handy keeps me away from the bottom of the ice cream container, if you know what I mean.

Hope this helps.
x 2 for me - my choc protein powder is my substitute for real chocolate. I will have to try the ice as well
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM

100 grams of quark + 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder = YUM!

hint - add some cinnamon, or instant espresso or almond extract...
Unread 02-10-2010, 09:16 AM

nvr2late, DanOz, Venus

Thanks for the great recipes, I'll certainly bear them in mind.
Unread 02-10-2010, 09:43 AM

So last night's meal was RFL diet food... Well sort of. I scrapped out the meat filling from the pastry and added it to my other RFL food.

184.75 - Sunday (starting point this week)
183.75 - Monday
184.75 - yesterday
184.75 - today

Under the circumstances, I expect to be able to maintain my weight until my next free meal day (Saturday) and will be happy with any drop.
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:19 AM

184.8 - Sun
183.8 - Mon
184.8 - Tue, Wed, Thu
183.0 - Fri
182.0 - Sat
182.0 - Sun (starting point this week)

Unread 02-14-2010, 09:01 AM

On RFL, I find that I'm essentially 'dieting' for either 2 or 3 days at a time before the diet 'ends' (i.e. free meal day occurs). For some reason, doing the 3 day stint at the start of the week (with free meal on Wed) and the 2 day stint at the end (with free meal on Sat) agrees with me. Bringing my free meal forward by a day, as I did last week, pushed the 3 day stint to the latter part of the week. This proved to be taxing. I spent most of Wednesday talking myself out of having my second free meal day of the week, Thursday was okay but come Friday I was ready to pull my hair out.

The ice cream's fate pretty much mirrored how the 3 day stint went. On Wednesday, I savoured one scoop but was able to return the tub to the freezer. I did the same thing on Thursday, rationalising that since I had been able to exercise (some) control the previous day I would be okay. Friday is a blur. I remember placing the tub on the coffee table so that it could soften up enough for me to take a scoop and I remember picking it up a couple of hours later to find it empty. What I have no memory of is actually enjoying it.

Looking back...

I have, over the past few months, come to associate Wednesdays with being a day off from restricted eating. Even as I was logging on Tuesday, it occurred to me that I could have pushed through to Wednesday rather than bring the free meal day forward. I didn't dwell on the point then because I didn't want to beat myself up too much. I thought it would be better to just concentrate on getting through the week. Looking back now, I see I had options. For example, I could have gone 'low calorie' (pain pill popping) or I could have gone 'calorie lowering' (taking a walk) before instead of after deciding to give in to a free day urge.

I have also affirmed that ready to eat food needs to continue to stay off the premises. I prepared and froze an emergency meal and have made a note of 'sweet' recipes that may take the edge off, or at least distract from, the cravings.

Looking forward...

A difficult week has, however, ended on an absolute high. 182lbs is an interesting figure to land on because it's 14 lbs (exactly 1 stone) away from the point at which I move out of Obese Class I and into the Overweight BMI range. To come out at 2.75 below after a week where I thought breaking even would be the best I should hope for....... WOW. I still have some ground to cover and I know that there may be some lows to come, but for now I have every intention of riding this wave.

The next 3 weeks...
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Banned

OUTSTANDING!! Good for you, I know you will keep on this and soon this will all be a distant memory.

Can relate to the "ice cream incident" but whats done is done and yes keeping all that kind of stuff out of the house is the easiest solution for now.

Happy to see that you are also seeing how to adjust your daily eating as in the long run thats what will keep you lean once you are there. (some days high, some low, a balance).

Anyway, keep up the good work.