BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-06-2017, 07:21 AM

Default UD2 Help

I was just looking for some helpful review of my UD2 plan, I used a spreadsheet to calculate some of the calories etc. I appreciate all help!! So for my job (including workout) I burn about 38-4000 calories a day. 212 lbs(17% bf) Does this spreadsheet look correct? do any changes need to be made? is there anything I can do to make it better? thanks in advance!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=749134123

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=749134123

Hopefully one of these work! (may have to copy paste into URL)
Unread 07-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Don't do UD2 before 15%. You will regret it.
Unread 07-06-2017, 12:14 PM

17% should be fine! If you are up to challenge and committed to your goal then go for it.
Unread 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokahn View Post
17% should be fine! If you are up to challenge and committed to your goal then go for it.
Please show us where Lyle has advised this.
Unread 07-06-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Please show us where Lyle has advised this.
And here comes the peanut gallery...right on cue.

Show me where 15% is a number that is an absolute value in all cases all the time. Show me where Lyle has condoned ALL the deviations that we ALL do every single day of the cycle to make UD2 work for us in our daily lives. You can't. Nobody who has ever done UD2 has done it flawlessly to absolute perfection...everybody has to make choices about where to draw their line. There are no absolutes. You do your level best to hit all targets, but throwing out absolutes is just silly.

Peace.

neo
Unread 07-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokahn View Post
And here comes the peanut gallery...right on cue.

Show me where 15% is a number that is an absolute value in all cases all the time. Show me where Lyle has condoned ALL the deviations that we ALL do every single day of the cycle to make UD2 work for us in our daily lives. You can't. Nobody who has ever done UD2 has done it flawlessly to absolute perfection...everybody has to make choices about where to draw their line. There are no absolutes. You do your level best to hit all targets, but throwing out absolutes is just silly.

Peace.

neo
x2. If you re-read it, there's an addendum where Lyle makes an exception for special daisies like your self. You show that peanut head who's boss.
Unread 07-06-2017, 04:23 PM

My apologies Clklein3 for this unnecessary detour. I don't really understand all the negativity out there... quite puzzling to me. Don't let the naysayers get you down...2% is not going to screw things up. If you were 25% that would be a different story but 17% is within spitting distance and completely doable IMO. 😁

I would love to take a look at your plan but can't seem to access them for some reason... permissions and access request? Dunno.

neo
Unread 07-07-2017, 12:25 PM

I don't think people realize that when he uses 15% as a maximum, it's usually not even necessary until even lower bf %s (probably 12% or lower, realistically). There's a multitude of reasons why you shouldn't do it above 15% including nutrient partioning, relative ease of other dieting styles, dedicated tracking, etc. Go ahead and reread the book and you can see all the reasons Lyle gives. But if none of that persuades you, consider this: this diet is HARD. I mean HARD. It is not fun for one second, even on the carb load day.

Let me give you a rundown of how every day feels on the diet:
Monday: Wow I'm hungry
Tuesday: Wow I'm hungry and tired
Wednesday: Wow I feel like I got hit by a truck
Thursday (morning): If this carb load wasn't coming up, I'd kill myself
Thursday (evening): Every muscle in my body aches and... CARB COMA
Friday: Entire day consists of eating, trying not to fall asleep, or sitting on the toilet.
Saturday: Actually pretty good. Fun day as long as you have no other plans but being in the gym for 3+ hours.
Sunday: Sweet I get to starve tomorrow

Do you really want to suffer through that for longer than necessary?
Unread 07-07-2017, 02:24 PM

Thanks PhysiologyIsPhun...I can totally get behind this post because you bring up very good points. Some I had not thought about nor experienced for myself.

My only thought would be that not everybody experiences these same challenges. With the exception of the workouts being far more brutal than usual everything else has been pretty painless for me. Crazy right?

Mon, Tues, Wednesday and Thurs (except for the start of the load) I never feel hungry. Maybe it is my food choices that leave me feeling quite pleasant even under a 25%+ restriction from TDEE. I have chosen to do far more cardio than caloric restriction and it is most certainly helping in this regard. I actually look forward to caloric restriction after sitting around stuffing copious amounts of carbs into my pie-hole over the weekend...but also look forward to the carb load when that comes around again. I literally look forward to every single phase of the program. Maybe I am strange in this regard.

I don't suffer from any of the toilet issues and besides feeling lethargic from the load and hungry in between 2 hour meals (since the nutrients process so quickly) it is actually quite pleasant as well.

The mechanics of administering the program is a walk in the park since every diet I have ever done is weighed, prepared and tracked in a ridiculously detailed manner, so this was just a different set of parameters, but business as usual in most respects.

In my specific case I could have dieted down to 15% or lower (from my starting point of 19%) using typical methods but what appealed to me was the depletion/loading...carving fat without digging into my ability to maintain my strength. With typical methods this has historically been a problem for me, so this was an alternative that I was excited to try. So far in 6.5 weeks in I have lost 14lbs and roughly 8%bf (from 19% to 11%)...strength is steady in most lifts and even up in a few...and it really hasn't been that hard.

So yeah, I broke the 15% rule myself just as the OP was contemplating. Perspectives and experience vary though and who knows what the OP's will be. From my point looking in and the experiences I have had it didn't look like a stretch to me at all, so I merely I wanted to encourage. No harm intended.

Peace.

neo
Unread 07-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses