BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-21-2018, 07:49 AM

Unhappy Desperate help for cutting diet

Hey guys,

So just to give you some quick background, I'm skinny fat. 5'9 currently 157 lbs and some have estimated my BF% to be above 22%. I lift 3x/week with an Upper/Lower split.

I started a diet 8 weeks ago with the intentions of cutting fat first. My TDEE being 2000, I started here:

1800 cals - first 2 weeks - gained 4 lbs
1600 cals - next 2 weeks - 1-2lb fluctuations
1500 cals - next 2 weeks - still same fluctuations
1100 cals - next 2 weeks - at this point I was like screw it, let me just try something drastic and see if my body responds. Nope! Still 2 lbs higher than when I started this "cutting" diet.

I'm now back to 1600 cals as a safe level since I'm completely dumbfounded as to what is going on or what to do next.

For the record, my current diet is:
113g Carbs
64g Fat
165g Protein
1632 Calories

I use a meal prep delivery service and at first I was starting to question their labeling. I pinged their owner who insists that the maximum variance would be 5%. I also asked some other customers of this service and they suggest that the labeling is accurate as well. If my calorie count is correct, what is going on??

Thanks in advance!
Unread 03-21-2018, 09:51 AM

Water weight tends to mask fat loss and dieting can result in you holding on to water. Also, the more drastic the diet, the more stress you put on your body which can result in holding on to water.

However, I suspect a combination of the following:
incorrectly calculated TDEE
inaccurate calculation of calories consumed.

My advice is to buy an accurate food scale and buy and cook your own food. It is likely that somewhere along the line your calculations are off.
Unread 03-21-2018, 10:43 AM

Are you a boy or a girl monkey? Are you new to working out when you started the diet? How much cardio are you doing in addition to the weight training?
Unread 03-21-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Are you a boy or a girl monkey? Are you new to working out when you started the diet? How much cardio are you doing in addition to the weight training?
Sorry, should have specified. I'm a 29 year old male. I only do 10 minutes of warm-up cardio per workout, somewhat high intensity on stationary bike with an incline. I'm not new to working out.

Last edited by pb4707 : 03-21-2018 at 12:35 PM.