BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-03-2019, 12:32 PM

Default Working out fasted

I train 30 minutes after I wake up. Can I just drink a pre-workout or coffee before? Or am I doing harm by not having a protein feeding before?

I have protein at 10 PM and lift at 6 AM
Unread 01-07-2019, 06:54 AM

Whatever works best for you is fine.

Some people like a little spark with some caffeine or beta alanine... some people prefer to eat a protein bar or something light. A lot of people prefer to consume a little bit of sugar perhaps a handful of gummy bears or something. For me, training fasted is a no go... I just find i run out of energy too quickly and feel lethargic and want to go home mid workout.

But some people respond well to training fasted. So if you feel you're one of them go for it.

For cardio it's absolutely optimal to train fasted as you'll burn a higher proportion of stored body fat by not spiking your insulin levels prior to the workout.

For people who workout after work a general rule of thumb is 1/3rd of your calories pre-workout and 2/3rd post workout. That's not set in stone, just a good rule of thumb since post workout calories aid in recovery so you can train hard again next session.

The important thing is the consumption of carbs/protein post-workout. That's a lot less flexible. You need to be eating relatively shortly after a workout for sure. Like within 30-60 mins after is typically considered optimal.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 01-07-2019 at 06:57 AM.