BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-22-2008, 01:35 PM

Default not clear about insulin resistance

From your article on insulin resistance:

"On high-carbohydrate intakes, do you find yourself getting pumped and full or sloppy and bloated? If the former, you have good insulin sensitivity; if the latter, you donít."

I get pumped and have steady energy when I eat natural carbs like fruits, yams and oatmeals, but if I eat refined carbs like pasta or sugary cereals, I get sloppy and bloated, and crave more carbs.

When I eat a low carb diet, I feel lethergic, disoriented and depressed

So which is it to check for insulin sensitivity? Refined or natural carbs?
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:42 PM

one mistake that many people make is in thinking that insulin sensitivity/resistances is a binary distinction.

insulin sensitivity and insulin resesistance is a continuous scale - some tissues become resistant before others etc.

as far as your observations go : you've found your ideal diet - include healthy carb choices, avoid the crap.
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:50 PM

thanks....Im glad to hear that, b/c fat doesnt give me the satiety everyone says it does. I definitely spontaneously overeat on fat.

I can do well if I can get around 100- 150g of carbs per day, lower and I start getting obessed with food.

This is exciting for me b/c I feel like I am finally nailing the formula down. Now what I need to do is stop reading so much, and start shifting my focus to other stuff, as the extra info makes me confused!
Unread 11-22-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg1978 View Post
This is exciting for me b/c I feel like I am finally nailing the formula down. Now what I need to do is stop reading so much, and start shifting my focus to other stuff, as the extra info makes me confused!
IMO, this is the hardest part for most. Most anyone who has been posting/lurking on Lyles board for any decent amount of time know 10x more than the average person, and have all the tools to succeed. BUT for whatever reason, they choose to focus on all the small stupid stuff, spin their wheels and then complain about it.

regarding your carb issues, I agree with Myles.Buckley when he stated you found what works for you. I eat my fair share of crappy carbs, but I also make sure to get in a good amount of oats, potatoes, fruits etc to balance things out.
Unread 11-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc View Post
IMO, this is the hardest part for most. Most anyone who has been posting/lurking on Lyles board for any decent amount of time know 10x more than the average person, and have all the tools to succeed. BUT for whatever reason, they choose to focus on all the small stupid stuff, spin their wheels and then complain about it.

ut.
I dont know why we choose to do this to ourselves.....I can give other the best advice, but applying it to myself......bleh, another story.
Unread 11-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg1978 View Post
I dont know why we choose to do this to ourselves.....I can give other the best advice, but applying it to myself......bleh, another story.
it just takes time. most importantly it takes making certain you look at your own situation objectively. I started making real progress when I developed an objective approach and acted upon what was going on in the real world, as opposed to obsessing over a bunch of silly stuff.