BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-14-2017, 04:55 PM

Default RFL Cat 2 - "The path to success is to take massive, determined action."

Hey everyone. I'm back after a long time away from the forum, and I'm ready to hop back on a cycle or two of RFL.

29 year old male.
5"10
Starting weight: 204 lbs
Starting BF% est: 25%

I have dieted down in the past to around 160 lbs. Since then, I've added some muscle, but a whole load of fat too.

I'll be honest from the start. I've seemingly destroyed my metabolism with years of crash dieting. I did a reverse diet recently, and although I slowly managed to get my daily calories up to 3600 without too much gain, once I started to cut again, the calories came crashing back down with little weight loss.

My main issue is that I hate the way I currently look. For that reason, I would struggle to do a prolonged reverse diet, which is what I feel I need. So, I made the decision to use RFL once more to diet down to a comfortable weight before working on fixing my metabolism.

I'll be logging my daily weigh ins and talking about my training sessions in here. Both for accountability, and hopefully to provide some insight into the daily RFL grind to newcomers.

I'm actually on my second day of RFL now, so will update my progress on the next post.

Please feel free to hop on in and say hello whenever you can
Unread 10-14-2017, 05:07 PM

Day 2
Weight: 201.2 (-2.8)
Total loss: -2.8

Hunger has never been a severe issue for me on RFL in terms of hunger pains etc. What I have always noticed however is a constant feeling of emptiness. It's not anything that bothers me too much, but it takes a while to get used to.

The calculator has given me a target of 192g of protein per day.

I will be running this first cycle until November 11th. After that, I go away on vacation for a week, and will take a structured diet break. Following that, I'll be running a second cycle until Christmas. I'm hoping to be done at this point, but we'll see.

I'll be eating the same things every single day. Some people find this boring, but I like the ease of knowing exactly what I'm consuming, and I know from experience that I can stick to this plan.

Half of my daily calories will come from chicken breast with tikka seasoning:

350g chicken tikka
P: 93.5
C: 8
F: 7

The second half of my daily calories will come from whey. Lyle advises against this. I imagine it's because most people won't be able to stick to the diet on shakes, but I've never had this issue, and prefer it to forcing down more lean meats. I found a really good powder with decent macros:

100g chocolate cookies whey
P: 97
C: 4
F: 2

Overall daily macros:

P: 190.5
C: 12
F: 9

I'm really happy with that. I'd prefer a few less carbs, but I think this is acceptable over the course of a full day, especially because I will be lifting and not taking any pre workout carbs.

I'll be taking all of the recommended supplements, and will be drinking caffeine free diet Pepsi. I have opted for this because I have OCD and caffeine makes the condition much worse for me.

Thanks for reading. I'll post some pictures once I've made some progress
Unread 10-14-2017, 06:35 PM

Excited to see the progress. You're at about the same starting weight and bf I was when I did my first round of cat 2 RFL. Still the fastest I've ever dropped weight all while actually increasing some of my lifts.
Unread 10-15-2017, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Excited to see the progress. You're at about the same starting weight and bf I was when I did my first round of cat 2 RFL. Still the fastest I've ever dropped weight all while actually increasing some of my lifts.
Cat 2 is a fun time. Its very easy at this stage to see visual progress every day.
Unread 10-15-2017, 04:54 AM

Thanks for checking in guys!

I definitely agree that RFL is easiest way to drop weight, especially as a cat 2 dieter. It's the main reason I'm back here. It just works.
Unread 10-15-2017, 05:06 AM

Day 3
Weight: 199.6 (-1.6)
Total loss: -4.4
BF : 24%
Total BF loss: 1%

Another 1.6 lbs down on the scale and I'm over the moon. Although a lot of this is water, it's just a great feeling to finally see the scale moving. This is especially true because I've been stuck at just over 200 lbs for a couple of months.

I woke up this morning (UK if the post time looks odds) feeling great. No hunger at the moment, so I'm going to ride it out for as long as possible before my first meal. I've often implemented intermittent fasting simply because I tend to feel hungrier at night, and I don't want to give myself any excuses to come off the diet.

My bodyfat is already decreasing, which is great to see. I'm only using my scale to judge this, so it's not hugely accurate. However, I'm only interested in the downwards trend rather than the specific number so it's more than fine for me. I simply can't be bothered doing caliper tests which are also inaccurate.

Tomorrow will be my free meal day. Wow, that came around quickly. I don't really feel like I need one, but I'm going to follow the book as closely as possible. I think it's better to have a scheduled free meal tomorrow than to suddenly feel the need to binge later down the line. The biggest challenge with RFL is mental hunger in my opinion. Not the actual feeling of hunger, but the thoughts about delicious foods. Keeping the mind happy is the best course of action.

So, I want to keep my free meal as simple and cheap as possible. I've decided to opt for a McDonald's double cheeseburger and medium fries. It rocks in at around 900 calories in total, so will take my daily consumption to around 1700. Not too bad at all.

That's all for today. Thanks for reading!
Unread 10-16-2017, 07:25 AM

Day 4
Weight: 199 (-0.6)
Total loss: -5

I'm expecting a whoosh at some point. I can usually tell by the way that my body reacts to increased water intake. Yesterday, I was drinking a lot, but not getting rid of too much. In previous cycles of RFL, I've tended to have a day or so where I drop a lot of water, and I imagine that will be around the corner soon.

Today's my free meal day. I'll be having it at the end of the day to avoid any chance of wanting to continue overeating for the day.

Feeling good, but not sleeping too well since I've hopped back on RFL. Nightmares, and general anxiety at night time. Hopefully this should ease off soon.
Unread 10-17-2017, 03:53 PM

Day 5
Weight: 200 (+1)
Total loss: -4

Slight gain on the scale after my free meal, which is to be expected. Ready to get back to it.
Unread 10-18-2017, 04:07 PM

Day 6
Weight: 199 (-1)
Total loss: -5

Back down to the lowest point of 199 which is nice. It can be a bit of a pain if you get caught in the loop of seemingly just losing water and then gaining it back after a free meal or refeed.

With that in mind, I'll be taking a keen interest in tomorrow's weigh in. Tomorrow is supposed to be my refeed day, but I may consider waiting one more day if I haven't dropped much past 199.
Unread 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Day 7
Weight: 197.8 (-1.2)
Total loss: -6.2

Lovely drop on the scale today. I decided to go for the scheduled refeed as I was feeling ready for it. Expecting a big jump on the scale tomorrow as I am massively bloated after what felt like endless pasta.