BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-23-2019, 01:17 PM

legs still sore so yesterday did

85x5x5x5 on the overhead press and just a bunch of random back/biceps stuff to get the DOMS outta the way there..

still want to do my cut but my legs just aren't there yet

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 02-23-2019, 07:04 PM

Try eccentrics-only and isometric work to strengthen your chest. Although, if itís still messed up, after all this time, you should probably see a doctor about it.
Unread 03-15-2019, 04:36 AM

Woot. Got a good job, got out of the crappy place i moved, and moved to a tourist town where every girl is a freaking smokeshow.

Time to get serious. Just been partying and focusing on the job my first week but im moving into a 3 month AirBnB today so I restarted the gym routine.

Weighed in at 180 lbs even off creatine. Whoops.

Squat 135x5x5x5
Bench 115x5x5x8
Deadlift 155x5

Did some back, biceps, and 30 min on the bike.

Finally caught a big break. Hadnt really done anything with my life since 2015. Need to not screw this up.

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Unread 03-15-2019, 01:32 PM

Congrats on the new job and location!! Moving somewhere new and having a little reset is a perfect time to solidify habits so now is a great time to be restarting your routine. Don't stress too much about being perfect though, give yourself time to settle instead of worrying about screwing up before you even begin
Unread 03-18-2019, 10:36 PM

Good luck.
Unread 03-19-2019, 09:36 PM

Legs took a few days to recover.

140x5x5x5 squat

125x5x5x5 bench

175x5x5 deadlift

Then some back and biceps to round it out. Prob switch to pullups next week bc I'm pretty fat and heavy right now

Unread 05-19-2019, 09:15 AM

Lol so the guy who hired me to train me quit and the HR lady who hired me got fired for embezzling. So I've been focused on saving my job. Seems to have worked (for now) so I signed a year lease closer to work (15 min vs 45 min) and its one of those fancy dt places with the rooftop pool and next to all the bars so I gotta get rid of this muffintop pronto before move in day 5/31.

I hit the gym today and did super light warmup weights just to get the soreness outta the way without hopefully experiencing debilitating 5-7 day DOMS like usual since I'm gonna be doing XRFL and extreme cardio for the next week or so.

Bought new batteries for the scale (hadnt weighed in ~6 weeks) was pleasantly surprised with the 177 lbs and 24% BF estimate.

Given My complete lack of attention to diet/exercise the last 2 months it coulda been much worse.

Goal #1 get below 20% bodyfat ASAP.

My calculations show that would be about 8 lbs of fat loss if i lost no LBM. So I'll just say let's get to 167 lbs immediately.

I'll worry about strength after I get there. Honestly my wardrobe fits like crap right now and with moving expenses I dont need to buy a new one.

I'm going on the RIP GIRLFRIEND diet immediately.

Unread 05-19-2019, 10:46 PM

Good luck.
Unread 05-27-2019, 08:31 PM

well I hit the gym sun - thurs - sun... so im not off to the greatest start but im hanging in there....

I am a chronic gym restarter it sucks

Unread 05-29-2019, 06:38 PM

Go every day and do something, even if itís just grease the groove. Or walk an hour on a treadmill. If that doesnít work, find a different kind of gym. Environment matters, even if we tell ourselves itís one and the same lift. Iíve got a membership at a strongman / PL gym, where I do the vast majority of my lifting, and see the same people, every time. And also a membership at a commercial gym, for when I get into a Fck ppl mood, and donít want to be around anyone. Because I know myself well enough to know that I have those days. Youíve gotta identify the ways that youíre letting yourself get in the way of you, and remove them from the equation. You seem like a social guy, find a small gym, so that you look forward to going, even if liftingís the last thing you feel like doing.