BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-18-2008, 06:58 PM

Default 12(ish) Week PSMF

April 18, 2008

I'm making the decision to start the PSMF as laid out in the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook tomorrow. I haven't weighed in awhile, call it denial if you will. Don't you know if the scale (or calipers or clothing size) is ignored, you're not fat and getting fatter? Well I know otherwise. I can feel it in how I move and I can see it in the mirror...and I'm sick of it.

I'm owning the numbers and the problem. I'm fat, obese. Over 230 lbs at 5'6". A size 18/20. BF% around 45% as far as I can tell. The PSMF is only a first step, but I needed to take a big one, one that would get things going and motivate me to stay the course until I'm comfortable with the numbers and the mirror. I honestly don't know when that will be. I figured giving the PSMF a good 12 weeks effort would get me a decent ways along in the journey though, far enough to not look back. I've done more moderate plans. And do pretty well for awhile, but lose motivation. Or choose plans where one bite is the "kiss of death". I know how to eat, it's all about choices. And I've made many wrong ones. I know how to work out, I've just sat on my I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. instead, which is why it continues to get wider.

I need to see some results, and I feel really confident that The Rapid Fatloss Handbook is the tool to give them. I honestly think I need to get past the 200lb mark and then I'll be past the point where I won't want to return. Ever again.

Here's the plan, I'm starting tomorrow, April 19 and will record my progress until July 19th. After that time I'll transition to a more flexible plan. Though I figure it will be lower carb/higher fat...since I know I feel good eating that way and enjoy my food choices more. So that actually gives me 13 weeks to rapidly lose some serious fat, with a week long break at some point in between.

Based on the calculator for The RFLH, I need to eat about 126 g of protein per day to maintain my LBM and to support weight training. 100g if I'm not lifting. I'm planning on doing 3 FBWO with 20-30 min. treadmill walking afterwards/week. Just enough to get me into good habits for when I move to a more moderate program and ramp up the exercise.

I'll also add that I'm almost 32, female, and have given birth to three children (so far), the last one almost 4 years ago, so I can't say I'm still losing baby weight at this point. Dh and I are in talks about having a fourth sometime in the next year, but I really wanted to lose a chunk of weight and get some habits in place first. Another reason for kick starting things in PSMF-style.

So that's the plan. The menu for tomorrow:

1 cup 2% cottage cheese--30 g protein
5 oz 97% Lean ground beef--40 g protein
1 oz part-skim mozz. cheese--7g protein
2 scoops whey protein--52 g protein
(cucumber slices, broccoli, diced tomato)
6-9 Fish Oil capsules depending on how my stomach takes them, some days it's iffy.

129 g protein

Hello to the community. I haven't looked around much yet, but good luck to others here with their plans and journeys.

~A

Last edited by Athena : 04-18-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Unread 04-19-2008, 05:53 AM

If you want to be as anal as possible try to find fat free dairy sources. Otherwise looks like a solid start. Good luck. Be sure to read up on some of the other logs here for some help as well. Dane keeps a great log going.
Unread 04-19-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong View Post
If you want to be as anal as possible try to find fat free dairy sources. Otherwise looks like a solid start. Good luck. Be sure to read up on some of the other logs here for some help as well. Dane keeps a great log going.
Thanks, I will be using FF for the most part. I just have some 2% I want to use up first, you know with rising grocery costs and all...

I had a question rattling around my head last night, maybe you or someone reading could help. About free meals, does the meal necessarily need to have carbs or sugar to "shake things up" or would a high fat, Atkins-style meal that pushes calories up a bit periodically and serves to ease cravings be alright. It's mostly about the psychological break when it's one free meal, right? Not necessarily about leptin or a "carb-up"? Just trying to beat some sugar demons along with lose the fat.

~A
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:43 PM

Your thinking on the free meal is correct. Just enjoy a normal meal that includes some of what you are missing with the PSMF. ie. have a lean protein and veg as main dish, then add in a potato, glass of wine, small dessert....whatever will tide you over until your next one. Its nice to always have a light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:47 PM

Hi! Good to see another female logging.

Yep, what Strong said. Although I had a few free meals that were more Atkins-like--deep-fried chicken wings with sour cream dip are a fave of mine.

I have 3 kids, too, all boys. Didn't want to take a chance on a fourth, ha, so I'm done.
Unread 04-19-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong View Post
Your thinking on the free meal is correct. Just enjoy a normal meal that includes some of what you are missing with the PSMF. ie. have a lean protein and veg as main dish, then add in a potato, glass of wine, small dessert....whatever will tide you over until your next one. Its nice to always have a light at the end of the tunnel.
Sounds great, thanks for the input. I admit one of the things that is appealing about PMSF is that you can diet hard and still have some wiggle room if a meal out of your control comes up, like a meal over at a friend's home. I've done Atkins off and on and that "kiss of death" thing kept being a huge stumbling block for me.
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Hi! Good to see another female logging.

Yep, what Strong said. Although I had a few free meals that were more Atkins-like--deep-fried chicken wings with sour cream dip are a fave of mine.

I have 3 kids, too, all boys. Didn't want to take a chance on a fourth, ha, so I'm done.
3 is a great number. Our three are close in ages and are great friends, but they think they'd like a little one to love on and we think we'd like a baby who's really the baby, not just the third child in 3 years. But if and when a fourth comes along, then we'll probably not take chances on a 5th. That's just a little bit beyond our capacity.

Thanks for the welcome!

~A
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Default April 19,2008

April 19, 2008--Day 1

Weighed in this morning...232.5, ouch.

Breakdown for my eating today: Total calories--604, Protein--99g, Carbs--25g, Fat--12g. Carbs were maybe a bit on the high side, I ended up having Cottage Cheese twice which means more carbs for the protein. But I think the calories and protein was pretty on for not lifting today. I'll probably try and do my first FBWO tomorrow, today was just too crazy with spring soccer and all.

Drank a lot of water, took 9 g. of fish oil and my vitamins. I had my gall bladder out several years ago and have a hard time with fish oil from time to time, it just doesn't seem to digest well. I must have spaced them okay today. Thinking about some crushed ice and sugar-free lemonade to make it through the evening.

~A
Unread 04-19-2008, 09:48 PM

For sweet cravings sugar free jello really helps people out. I'm more of a chcoalote guy,so I'm pretty much screwed, but if fruity is your thing, jello can really keep you going as well. Keep posting that weight....its going to start falling off!!
Unread 04-20-2008, 08:50 AM

Hi Athena- congratulations on taking the first step! Making the commitment to post will help keep you on track, and coming back to read everyone's posts and comments will also inspire you to stay with it - good luck to you!