BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 04-28-2014, 12:39 PM
ziggy256 ziggy256 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post

Testosterone Free (6.8 - 21.5 pg/mL) 12.4
ESTRADIOL (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL) 32.8
PROLACTIN (4.0 - 15.2 ng/mL) 12.4
FSH (1.5 - 12.4 mIU/mL) 12.1
LH (1.7 - 8.6 mIU/mL) 8.1
PSA Serum 0.0 - 4.0 ng/mL 4.1
My non medical thoughts on your results:-

Test Free - seems low, also need a total testosterone test done.
Estradiol, maybe a touch high
Prolactin, this looks too high to me.
FHS/LH these are quite high which indicates that your body is working hard to produce more test because you are not getting enough.

Post these results on www.allthingsmale.com and you will get better answers.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Dean407's Avatar
Dean407 Dean407 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 26
Smile

Just wanted to update:

With my PSA being high (4.1) for my age my Urologist wouldn't start TRT without a prostate biopsy. So, I had one and it was negative.

Started Testosterone Cypionate last week. Doing 50mg every 3.5 days.

Got a 10ML vial with 200mg/1ML concentration for $45 plus tax from a local CVS. Insurance covered with no issues. I also have 1 refill on that prescription.

Have blood test scheduled for 2mos from now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
iopq iopq is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 565
Default

I wonder why they prescribe such fast esthers. Why not just go test undeconoate every 2 weeks?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:01 AM
clicker666's Avatar
clicker666 clicker666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iopq View Post
I wonder why they prescribe such fast esthers. Why not just go test undeconoate every 2 weeks?
They use fast esters in case you react poorly or get prolactin issues - you get it out of your system faster.

I'm 48 and have been on TRT for around 6 years. I'm actually investigating trialling clomid as I'm getting annoyed with the T sides. High BP, high RBC, acne, acne, acne, water retention, and hair loss. The ACNE really bothers me. I've been on Androgel, Testim, and am currently on a compounded T made by a compounding pharmacy.

Being on T has definitely helped me - I was very overweight, tired, no energy, no libido, the whole shooting match. But I've come to a tipping point where I am weighing the pros and cons.
__________________
"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." Stephen Dooley, Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:29 AM
lostmyoldaccount lostmyoldaccount is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 933
Default

Can't you just take an AI and some dutasteride like all the other guys who inject test?
__________________
Half-way measures don't get very far. You can only do one thing well at a time. Trying to gain muscle while losing fat will result in failure.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM
clicker666's Avatar
clicker666 clicker666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
Can't you just take an AI and some dutasteride like all the other guys who inject test?
Who?
__________________
"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." Stephen Dooley, Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 06-28-2014, 11:49 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iopq View Post
I wonder why they prescribe such fast esthers. Why not just go test undeconoate every 2 weeks?
By no metric is cyp a fast ester. A terminal half life of 3-4 days gives a good balance of balancing doses based on side effects and injection frequency.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 06-29-2014, 06:18 PM
noah_k noah_k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
Who?
That's what I was going to suggest as well. If you're only taking testosterone, an anti-DHT can slow down or perhaps even prevent the sides with the hairline. While you can't fix BP and everything, you can also control the estrogenic sides to some degree.

If you do attempt a restart, there are other drugs worth looking into besides standard clomid therapy. As a TRT vet, I don't know if you or your endo already know the additional routes, but there are some communities I could link you to that are fairly good when it comes to this. If the name Michael Scally means anything, he's a regular on one as well.

Quote:
By no metric is cyp a fast ester. A terminal half life of 3-4 days gives a good balance of balancing doses based on side effects and injection frequency.
He meant relatively. Longer esters than ent/cyp are often used in TRT, but I agree with you.

Last edited by noah_k : 06-29-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM
clicker666's Avatar
clicker666 clicker666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
That's what I was going to suggest as well. If you're only taking testosterone, an anti-DHT can slow down or perhaps even prevent the sides with the hairline. While you can't fix BP and everything, you can also control the estrogenic sides to some degree.

If you do attempt a restart, there are other drugs worth looking into besides standard clomid therapy. As a TRT vet, I don't know if you or your endo already know the additional routes, but there are some communities I could link you to that are fairly good when it comes to this. If the name Michael Scally means anything, he's a regular on one as well.



He meant relatively. Longer esters than ent/cyp are often used in TRT, but I agree with you.
I don't want to hijack the OPs thread, but.... There's very little in the way of doctors where I live. Just having a doctor that prescribes TRT for male aging is rare. I see my sexual health doc in a few weeks and am going to ask about the clomid route based on Dr. Crisler's info. I'm actually a member on the UK board with Scally. It's entirely possible the doc won't even attempt the clomid as it's an off label use in Canada. Same with AI's and HCG and the like. In the small area I live it you probably have a better chance of dying on the way to your appointment than being put on an AI.
__________________
"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." Stephen Dooley, Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 07-01-2014, 06:22 AM
FredBlogg FredBlogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post
Started Testosterone Cypionate last week. Doing 50mg every 3.5 days.

Got a 10ML vial with 200mg/1ML concentration for $45 plus tax from a local CVS. Insurance covered with no issues. I also have 1 refill on that prescription.
I am jealous. My insurance will not cover injectables. It will cover the patches, but with the deductable it costs me less to buy the injectable. Sigh...

I hope your issues will now be behind you.
__________________
My log (Who wants what I have to offer?): http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=11499
These guys may save your life: http://www.cancer.org/

Shakes fist at Irish side of family!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.