BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post

Testosterone Free (6.8 - 21.5 pg/mL) 12.4
ESTRADIOL (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL) 32.8
PROLACTIN (4.0 - 15.2 ng/mL) 12.4
FSH (1.5 - 12.4 mIU/mL) 12.1
LH (1.7 - 8.6 mIU/mL) 8.1
PSA Serum 0.0 - 4.0 ng/mL 4.1
My non medical thoughts on your results:-

Test Free - seems low, also need a total testosterone test done.
Estradiol, maybe a touch high
Prolactin, this looks too high to me.
FHS/LH these are quite high which indicates that your body is working hard to produce more test because you are not getting enough.

Post these results on www.allthingsmale.com and you will get better answers.
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:15 PM

Smile

Just wanted to update:

With my PSA being high (4.1) for my age my Urologist wouldn't start TRT without a prostate biopsy. So, I had one and it was negative.

Started Testosterone Cypionate last week. Doing 50mg every 3.5 days.

Got a 10ML vial with 200mg/1ML concentration for $45 plus tax from a local CVS. Insurance covered with no issues. I also have 1 refill on that prescription.

Have blood test scheduled for 2mos from now.
Unread 06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
Banned

I wonder why they prescribe such fast esthers. Why not just go test undeconoate every 2 weeks?
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iopq View Post
I wonder why they prescribe such fast esthers. Why not just go test undeconoate every 2 weeks?
They use fast esters in case you react poorly or get prolactin issues - you get it out of your system faster.

I'm 48 and have been on TRT for around 6 years. I'm actually investigating trialling clomid as I'm getting annoyed with the T sides. High BP, high RBC, acne, acne, acne, water retention, and hair loss. The ACNE really bothers me. I've been on Androgel, Testim, and am currently on a compounded T made by a compounding pharmacy.

Being on T has definitely helped me - I was very overweight, tired, no energy, no libido, the whole shooting match. But I've come to a tipping point where I am weighing the pros and cons.
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:29 AM

Can't you just take an AI and some dutasteride like all the other guys who inject test?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
Can't you just take an AI and some dutasteride like all the other guys who inject test?
Who?
Unread 06-28-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iopq View Post
By no metric is cyp a fast ester. A terminal half life of 3-4 days gives a good balance of balancing doses based on side effects and injection frequency.
Unread 06-29-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
Who?
That's what I was going to suggest as well. If you're only taking testosterone, an anti-DHT can slow down or perhaps even prevent the sides with the hairline. While you can't fix BP and everything, you can also control the estrogenic sides to some degree.

If you do attempt a restart, there are other drugs worth looking into besides standard clomid therapy. As a TRT vet, I don't know if you or your endo already know the additional routes, but there are some communities I could link you to that are fairly good when it comes to this. If the name Michael Scally means anything, he's a regular on one as well.

Quote:
By no metric is cyp a fast ester. A terminal half life of 3-4 days gives a good balance of balancing doses based on side effects and injection frequency.
He meant relatively. Longer esters than ent/cyp are often used in TRT, but I agree with you.

Last edited by noah_k : 06-29-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Unread 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
That's what I was going to suggest as well. If you're only taking testosterone, an anti-DHT can slow down or perhaps even prevent the sides with the hairline. While you can't fix BP and everything, you can also control the estrogenic sides to some degree.

If you do attempt a restart, there are other drugs worth looking into besides standard clomid therapy. As a TRT vet, I don't know if you or your endo already know the additional routes, but there are some communities I could link you to that are fairly good when it comes to this. If the name Michael Scally means anything, he's a regular on one as well.

He meant relatively. Longer esters than ent/cyp are often used in TRT, but I agree with you.
I don't want to hijack the OPs thread, but.... There's very little in the way of doctors where I live. Just having a doctor that prescribes TRT for male aging is rare. I see my sexual health doc in a few weeks and am going to ask about the clomid route based on Dr. Crisler's info. I'm actually a member on the UK board with Scally. It's entirely possible the doc won't even attempt the clomid as it's an off label use in Canada. Same with AI's and HCG and the like. In the small area I live it you probably have a better chance of dying on the way to your appointment than being put on an AI.
Unread 07-01-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean407 View Post
Started Testosterone Cypionate last week. Doing 50mg every 3.5 days.

Got a 10ML vial with 200mg/1ML concentration for $45 plus tax from a local CVS. Insurance covered with no issues. I also have 1 refill on that prescription.
I am jealous. My insurance will not cover injectables. It will cover the patches, but with the deductable it costs me less to buy the injectable. Sigh...

I hope your issues will now be behind you.

Shakes fist at Irish side of family!