BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-28-2017, 07:56 PM

Default Getting ready for summer - RFL Style !

Hello all - I found this site about 8 years ago and had a go at UD2. I got myself pretty lean and was probably in the best shape I had even been in at that point (I was 42).

I did UD2 for about 12 weeks and really struggled to get through the last few and was very relieved when it was over. Went on vacation and I think I ate everything in site !!

Since that time I have been very neglectful in my diet and training. I was very on and off with training and pretty much just ate whatever I felt like (and I have a very sweet tooth!).

Well needless to say I gained a few pounds exactly where I didn't want to and finally got to a point where I did not like how I felt and how I looked.

So late last fall I finally decided to join a gym again and get back into shape. I started working out and planned on gaining back as much muscle as I could before starting to lean out for the summer.

Which brings me to the beginning of last week. Just got back from a week in Florida, just turned 50 and decided the time is now to start a diet and see how far I could go.

At the end of the post will be some pictures I took in the morning of Monday 3/20/17 and my starting weight was 188.5 lbs. I estimated myself to be somewhere in between 15-20% bodyfat so I am doing this a Cat 2.

Diet is basically the same every day with a few variations but the average intake will be 185 grams of protein, 17 grams of carbs, 14 grams of fat and 953 calories mainly consisting of egg whites, turkey slices, chicken breast, sole fillets, cottage cheese, and fat free cheese. I started out with tuna as an option but just yesterday had a very hard time choking it down so have decided to give that up for now.

I have most of the supplements in order except I have not taken any potassium. I had everything else on hand and just haven't gotten around to getting some but will try to do that by the weekend.

So far I am only up to 2 doses of 16 mg per day of ephedrine along with drinking coffee. At first I found I was very jittery and felt a little anxious but it seems to have subsided to will see about upping it to 3 doses per day.

So far things have gone well - weight has been as follows :
Day 1 - 188.5
Day 2 - 186.6
Day 3 - 184.2
Day 4 - 183.2
Day 5 - 181.6
Day 6 - 181.7 (had free meal last night, 3 slices of pizza and 1 beer)
Day 7 - 182.0
Day 8 - 181.3
Day 9 - 182.6 (did a reefed last night)

Im a little curious how I react the rest of the week after my reefed as my weight is basically the same since Day4/5.

I realize it will mostly be water weight so I guess that should be a good thing right ?

Ok well enough for now, for those who haven't been bored enough yet and kept reading - here are my starting pictures.

Unread 03-29-2017, 06:09 AM

Day 10 - 183.0

This is getting a little frustrating as now I am the same weight as I was a week ago.

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong as my diet is spot on and I haven't cheated at all.
Unread 03-29-2017, 02:24 PM

Donīt worry about it, as long as you follow the diet you will lose fat.

The only reason your scale is not giving you the feedback you expect is because of either water weight or intestinal content.

I had periods of almost 2 weeks of no change in weight and suddenly I lost 3 lbs from one day to the next.

Good luck on your journey!
Unread 03-29-2017, 05:31 PM

thanks for the encouragement Schlansky !

I checked out your website and that was quite a transformation - congrats !

I am really hoping to see some weight drop before my next free meal on Friday.
Unread 03-29-2017, 08:06 PM

I'm sure as long as you stay consistent the pounds will come off. I know it can be frustrating though. Hopefully you'll have a "whoosh" soon. You're not in too bad of a starting point, and good luck with everything!
Unread 03-29-2017, 11:09 PM

The whoosh is real. I'm on a similar road, though starting heavier than you, and I'm weighing-in every week. It helps me stay on track and I have a day to look forward to and baseline for comparison. I'd go crazy weighing in everyday but that said you're already in really good shape man so keep doin' what you're doin'... eating PSMF your body doesn't really have a choice... hang in there! look forward to following your progress!
Unread 03-30-2017, 11:42 AM

thanks everyone for the encouragement, today was my lowest so far - 181.0

nice to see a change in the right direction again !

I took 3 doses of EC yesterday and played hockey last night so that might have helped.

I am really hoping to break 180 before my free meal tomorrow night but not too worried right now as i think i am doing most things right.

My plan right now is to do RFL for 4 weeks total, ending on Good Friday 4/14 and then will transition into doing UD2 for 3-4 weeks if i am lean enough.

Does this sound okay or should i just keep doing RFL for the 7-8 weeks ?
Unread 03-31-2017, 08:24 AM

Day 12 - 179.1 !

It was nice to see sub 180 this morning - wondering if the 3 doses of EC instead of 2 made the difference or if it was just a matter of time.

Anyone have a suggestion on if it would be better to continue RFL for 6-8 weeks or switch to UD2 half way through ?

Does it depend on how lean you are ?
Unread 04-01-2017, 09:29 AM

Day 13 - 179.0

Had another free meal last night - 4 slices of pizza and a beer, was nice !

Although I didn't feel quite right as I almost threw up after my workout.

I definitely pushed myself too hard and almost paid the price but it was actually a good workout so im not complaining. Will just ramp it down a little next time.

2 weeks are almost done and incredibly so far I really haven't had many cravings. I have sat through 2 free lunches at work where its basically an all you can eat meal with usually some sweets for dessert and also a work meeting where they had a real buffet lunch with a wide assortment of sweets. Also played 2 hockey games and didn't have a beer in the dressing room afterwards which I really look forward to.

Oh well, hockey is done for now and I have 6 weeks until ball season starts which is why I set my potential end date just before that as the beer will be flowing once it starts !
Unread 04-03-2017, 11:59 AM

Day 14 - 180.6
Day 15 - 179.5

2 weeks in the books - 9 lbs lost total, 7 in the 1st week and 2 in the 2nd.

I took some pictures this morning and will post them tonight so we can have a visual of any changes.

Is 2 lbs a week what i can expect from here on out ? I have 6 more weeks at most to go so another 10-12 lbs would put me around 167 which i think would have me fairly lean !